News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Need help with AC...  (Read 6333 times)

Offline guardsmen

• guardsmen advance!!
Re: Need help with AC...
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2006, 04:28:14 AM »
what u do againset the i have lots of land speeders i u depoly tanks so they  the back of the tanks is touching the back of the borad so he can't get rear armout shots land speeders aslo have be put very close togther when they deeep stike so if they take out a tank  one return fire pie plate with destroy most of said unit.  crak attack bikes with demolishers plasma cannons own attack bikes.

and if worryed about bikes in my experice bike unless turbo boosting do not last long to any sort of shooting 
say hello to my little friend

a leman russ!!!! :P

Offline Krunek

• Sybarite
  • Dakka!!!
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2006, 06:07:39 AM »
Ok,this is a mean and unsportsmanlike idea >:(....i like ;D ;D
   A bit unconventional about the setup,but you´re right about bikes...

Offline Thunderer

• Slayer Brotherhood
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2006, 06:38:40 AM »
I have used the boards edge and corners to back tanks into so nothing can get behind them. Sure it isn't realistic but hey the boards edge is the most important piece of terrain on the board so use it.

I thought when you fired at a squadron of vehicles each hit was assigned to each vehicle and then hits are resolved. So squadons can be fragile, and will limit a player. Which is why most IG players field 1 sentinel in each slot.

Offline Goyder

• Workshy Lord Moddissar General, The King of Tanks
  • Ancient
  • Australian
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2006, 06:48:52 AM »
I have used the boards edge and corners to back tanks into so nothing can get behind them. Sure it isn't realistic but hey the boards edge is the most important piece of terrain on the board so use it.

I thought when you fired at a squadron of vehicles each hit was assigned to each vehicle and then hits are resolved. So squadons can be fragile, and will limit a player. Which is why most IG players field 1 sentinel in each slot.

You are correct sir!

Vehicle squadrons, while cool, are very vulnerable to a single tank with 9 Heavy Bolters :3

Sure, he may deepstrike 9 Landspeeders right next to your army and destroy 3 tanks, but use the table edge, use the Terrain and take the damage. You will lose probably 500 pts. In your turn, you will destroy those 9 Land Speeders, taking out almost half his army.

Bets are on that he will never, ever deepstrike those Land Speeders again.
Real men fight in Tanks!

Offline Krunek

• Sybarite
  • Dakka!!!
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2006, 07:01:39 AM »
I hate doing math-i hate playing with people which do it too,bu here it goes:
  3 heavy bolters hitting on 4+ is 4.5 hits....2 glancing hits per tank that can see,have range etc and fire onto a squadron.
2 Glancing hits on the average kill one Land speeder(since it´s 2:6 chance to destroy it, rolls of 5 and 6 on glancing table take it down).
So one Russ takes one land speeder down-with a bit of luck.
I have 8 tanks ,he has 10 land speeders + bikes....not good :'(

Offline Goyder

• Workshy Lord Moddissar General, The King of Tanks
  • Ancient
  • Australian
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2006, 07:12:58 AM »
He has 10 Landspeeders, all in squadrons. So max you'll lose is 4 tanks.

And its a sad day indeed when 8 tanks can't take down 10 Land Speeders. Dont forget you'll have Lascannon's, BS4 vehicles, Autocannons etc. Dont lose hope, trust me, you'll teach him a lesson.

Real men fight in Tanks!

Offline Krunek

• Sybarite
  • Dakka!!!
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2006, 08:42:10 AM »
Ok,here is how the story goes....
We do setup,and play turn one.Bikes speed out of LOS.
Each time 3 land speeders arrive,they do so by destroying one tank .So after 3 units of 3 take 3 tanks down-I´m left with 5 tanks.After that ,I can surely kill some,but not all 10 land speeders.You have to see it to understand.The point is that I'm forced to move,to get LOS on them,and each time i kill one speeder,he kills one tank.Some of the tanks will get stunned,etc....

Offline Thunderer

• Slayer Brotherhood
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2006, 12:50:10 PM »
It is a quandry but at some point he will make a mistake and then you will own him. The percentages work for both. But you can always play omega and piecemeal everything on. Just make sure he goes 1st so you own the shooting phase and steal the initiative.

Its situations like this that dictated that I show up with 3 exterminators in the 1st place and now 2 demolishers. Horde armies or speedy ones can really screw over an armored company. But through some diversification of tanks I have hopefully cured that. I think you might want to look at your options and see what you can do to minimize the risk. Heck if you have to show up with a squad or two of storm troopers and put them in the woodline do it and eat him up with some plamsguns or meltaguns. Atleast he will stay away from that section of the board unless he wants to assault you with his bikes.

Offline Krunek

• Sybarite
  • Dakka!!!
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2006, 01:00:11 PM »
It´s a mighty list.Imagine i almost lost a game with a DE army which had 21 dark lances(this isn´t all shooty-there where 3 cc squads in there).Remember that infantry cannot tackle them,bikes will wipe it out-with 2 flamers in each unit...