News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Fantasy Dragon Model  (Read 1557 times)

Offline Esh

• Don't do things like everyone else
Fantasy Dragon Model
« on: November 6, 2005, 11:53:14 PM »
This was an old model I dug up and repainted after it was broken and painted over twice before.. I decided I should give the model some justic considering its a really nice one. I think the old and new wood elf dragon models were the best of the fantasy dragon models, this being the older version. So lemmy know what yeah think of it, I enjoyed painting it alot, and feel its one of the better works I've done. Dunno if its the best, but its up there.

Offline Full Metal Geneticist

• Sir Quotesaplenty | No new bastardy suits.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Defender of the Text Wall
    • FMG's Angry Rantings
Re: Fantasy Dragon Model
« Reply #1 on: November 6, 2005, 11:58:13 PM »
Very very nice, where did you get the ideas from?

It is pernicious nonsense that feeds into a rising wave of irrationality which threatens to overwhelm the hard-won gains of the Enlightenment and the scientific method. We risk as a society slipping back into a state of magical thinking when made-up science passes for rational discourse. I would compare it to witchcraft but honestly that's insulting to witches.

Offline Zofar

« Reply #2 on: November 6, 2005, 11:59:21 PM »
I can easily sum everything about that model in one word.... SEXY!

is that all freehand by the way?

Offline josephdodd

• Rebirth of Ancient Days
« Reply #3 on: November 7, 2005, 12:14:15 AM »
Wood elf dragon? Its not green!
Love the colour scheme, and what army would you use it in? or is it just for something to paint and show off?
Well done!
Awesome 40K Flash: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/274410
All the way from New Zealand?
Economics is cool! Thanks Dr Dan.
Why doesn't Waikato University supply a degree in 40k?

Offline GuardiansRock

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: November 7, 2005, 12:18:01 AM »
Why do you store your paint bottles upsidedown?

Offline Esh

• Don't do things like everyone else
« Reply #5 on: November 7, 2005, 12:23:54 AM »
Heh thanx, well I own a beastmen army that is mostly marked khorne so I painted them with a firey orange, and yellow motif over dark brown skin and fur. My hero's all have this kind of bright fire with the same kind of patters all over their clothes... So one day I started painting the head of the dragon using the same kind of oranges, and yellows over a dark background. I was happy with that so I thought might as well do the rest of it. Its mainly a show model, but I might use it as a chaos dragon, or giant (I know cheesy) in a game.. As for the patterns, they are all freehanded on, nothing specific, random wavey lines and stuff.. The biggest challenge was just painting the individual scales, which took far too long..

Umm my paint pots are upside down all the time so I can see what the colour is when I go to choose, its easier than seeing a bunch of black caps, and then reading the label to see what it is.. And im aware the countainer is clear, but sometimes its hard to see what it is. The paint also stays to in the top of the cap where it pools in that little divit inside the paint pot making it easy to take paint out. Finally, force of habit, got used to having them like that so I keep it that way.
« Last Edit: November 7, 2005, 12:26:42 AM by Esh »

Offline Zofar

« Reply #6 on: November 7, 2005, 07:34:36 AM »
Umm my paint pots are upside down all the time so I can see what the colour is when I go to choose, its easier than seeing a bunch of black caps, and then reading the label to see what it is.

I usually just paint the top with the paint that is inside, but whatever works! ;D

Offline Stam

« Reply #7 on: November 7, 2005, 08:47:57 AM »
this is a really nice piece, it looks really striking.

I have never seen this colour scheme before on a dragon