News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: A Few Questions Regarding The Difficulty Of Collecting Harlies  (Read 1715 times)

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
i will soon finish my SMurf Chapter The Steel Dragons and am already researching what my next army will be

so i have a few questions concerning the Harlequins

1. how difficult/time consuming is it to make models for them?

2. how expensive is it to get the models?

3. where can i find the most recent rules? are they easily found/purchased/donwloaded? (i know about the one on the US site but ives heard they've had an update since then)

thank you to all that reply ^_^

Quote from: IainC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re: A Few Questions Regarding The Difficulty Of Collecting Harlies
« Reply #1 on: January 2, 2005, 05:17:46 PM »
1. Depends on what you are making the models out if, I reckon.
2. Archive models of teh original Harlequins are pretty steep, but they show up on ebay fairly frequently, and you can get them there cheaper.
3. The file on the GW site is from CJ 39 (even though it says CJ 44), and there has since been an update in CJ 44 and CJ 50. Cj 44 is available though the stickied link on top of the forum "Those new to Harlequins please read =) (now also includes info for Exodites))". Cj 50 just says that you can't combine kiss and blades.

And welcome to the Harlequins!

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #2 on: January 2, 2005, 05:39:16 PM »
2. can you find most of the unit types there?

3. ive read that but it would be a lot easier if i had an official (or rather semi-official) GW publication to show where the rules are

thank you for the reply
Quote from: IainC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #3 on: January 3, 2005, 05:52:00 AM »
2. Yes - just go to the online store and search for "Harlequins" and you will get a few hits. Some models are missing, but if you need them you can use the link in my profile to get the modelcodes to order them anyway.
3. Then you have to backorder or buy a used copy of Citadel Journal 44 and 50. They are not putting it online in any forseeable future. There is nothing more official than that, and troll magazine 29.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Fishy

• Used Skyray Salesman
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • 'Shoot coward, you are only going to kill a man.'
« Reply #4 on: January 6, 2005, 11:11:05 AM »
where do you live? in the UK at least you can get harles for £2 a piece, which considering how few yu need is pretty cheap. Rasmus is right, oddly some models are missing from the list, but you can manage without if you like, little weapon swpas and limb bends dont take overly long, if you wish to make minor conversions, but they are metal and thus will be harder than plastic (to convert).
Fish

The Tau Empire needs you to write articles for its Project now! Want to know more? Just ask!

Offline Broono

• Milk is good for your wraithbones.
« Reply #5 on: January 7, 2005, 12:50:36 PM »
I built my Harlequin army with purchases and trades on Bartertown.com

There's always someone with extra Harlies out there.

eBay's nice, but prices get often out of control!
Broono

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn." -Unknown

Offline The Purple Sage

• Requiem and terra day, and so forth. Amen
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2005, 11:28:36 PM »
i mail ordered my whole harlequin army in through a local store when i went to england. it was about 40 pounds for two squads, a GH, a shadowseer, and two solitaires. all up about 18 models. wasnt too bad in my opinion. then i converted my death jesters and venoms. quite cheap really.
"I'm so fast last night i turned the light off and was in bed before the room was dark" - Mohammad Ali

Offline Dead Lotus

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2005, 01:59:28 PM »
I just bought an additional 30 troupes, 6 great harlies, 2 DJ, 4 Solitares, and 5 converted harlie Jetbikes and riders for $175.  ;D
I, in mon-keigh words, am The dancing spear of Saim-Hann, Dead Lotus, The Exarch of the Striking Scorpions.

on another note, I love the sound snow makes when it falls.

Offline The Purple Sage

• Requiem and terra day, and so forth. Amen
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2005, 05:01:24 AM »
australian or american dollars?
"I'm so fast last night i turned the light off and was in bed before the room was dark" - Mohammad Ali