News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500 Point Tournament list (Really needing some opinions)  (Read 690 times)

Offline Stereochi1d

1500 Point Tournament list (Really needing some opinions)
« on: February 10, 2010, 01:58:38 PM »
I have my first Tournament coming up in a little bit and I'm quite nervous about it. I really want to go in strong and while I like my list I'm not sure it succeeds at that.

Shas'el with: TL-PR, MP, HW-MT, HW-DC, x2 Shield Drones
x2 Body Guards with: PR, MP, TA, HW-MT
<291>

x2 Shas'ui with: PR, BC, MT, Team Leader with x2 Shield Drones
<151>

Aimed at anti-infantry. I toyed around with running Fireknifes but came to the conclusion that it wasn't much for effective than the bladestorms (other than against light transports.) Maybe I could switch one squad to Fireknifes but I'm not sure (also depending on the opponent might swap in a flamer on one suit per squad.)

x8 Fire Warriors with Pulse Rifles mounted in Devilfish (SMS, TA, MT, DP)
<200>

Redundancy
<200>

x8 Fire Warriors with Pulse Carbines, Shas'ui and BK
<95>

Figured as one squad was foot slogging I'd throw in some carbines to gain a bit of mobility while shooting.

x5 Pathfinders (Devilfish stolen by FW squad)
<60>

x2 Broadsides with TA, Team leader with HWDC, x2 Shield Drones
<200>

Those Shield Drones have saved my suits on more than one occasion.

x1 Hammerhead with RG, SMS, TL, MT, DP
<180>

Final points: <1377>
Leaving: 123 points to play with

I'm open to any and all suggestions.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 05:22:06 PM by Stereochi1d »

Offline Gentleman Fate

• SirBruce
  • There are no heroes left in man
    • Shoot-Tau-Thrill
Re: 1500 Point Tournament list (Really needing some opinions)
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 05:30:28 PM »
Running two Bodyguard teams is kind of Meh. While the Team can all take TAs, it ends up becoming overpriced for what they do. I would suggest Fireknives over Bladestorms, as they are generally more effective against all but guard, and the Missile Pods grant you range and anti- transport.
Carbine Warriors also aren't that great, for their points you can grab some infiltrating/outflanking Kroot.
How do you plan on running this? It seems fairly Hybrid and spaced out, with some elements fast, some elements barely moving, and others completely static.
"If you were smart you would have rolled a six."
- Spencer Young, God amongst men.

"ok, my boys are disembarking now, and since i have no shooting, theyr gonna run then assault" me-"Umm... you went flat out, AND you aren't Fleet" him-"But this is a trukk and these are boyz. they can do it because they believe they can do it" me-"...Right." -Kabal

It's cool to shoot 2 plasma cannons.....INTO YOUR PLAGUEMARINES.

Offline Stereochi1d

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 04:16:12 PM »
Primarily the Fire warriors and crisis suits would move forward together taking on any incoming infantry with the pathfinders in deep cover but close enough to offer markerlight support. Hammerhead and Brodsides of course in the back dealing with any enemy vehicles. I know having 3 Railguns is a bit much but in all my games the dice Gods have shown me no love and every shot has been needed.   

Offline RedTerror

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 04:43:49 PM »
Honestly I'd run more railguns in a 1500 point game, but that's just me and my local meta.  Or some back up to the railguns (i.e. Drop Fusion suits).  Over all looks good... I'm not a big fan of 2 HQ w/ body guard, that's over 1/3rd your army right there.  Not a big fan of foot slog fire warriors as if they're in the open, they die rather fast.  And with an 18" range, they'll make get 1 round of fire off before they're assaulted if you're playing against an assault army.  Or if you're playing against a shooty army, you're one round away from getting rapid fired.  I'd rather just use rifles and park them on a defensive objective, and let crisis and tanks take the offensive role.  If you could I'd drop a few from the devilfish squads to bulk up the footslog squad up to 12 man.

Overall, it's pretty interesting.

Offline Stereochi1d

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 05:19:00 PM »
If I drop the second HQ and Bodyguards and switch to:

x2 Shas'ui Bladestorms with MT, Team Leader with x2 Shield Drones
<151>

After Changing the other HQ team to Fireknifes I'll have 123 points left over. I could spend that on a fish for the footslogging FW squad, add in a stealth team or beef up the current FW squads (2 squads on 10 in fish, one squad of 12, still leaving 43 points to play with.) Any suggestions?

Offline RedTerror

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 07:14:23 PM »
I'm not a big fan of fire knives, as they are too general to be extremely effective, I liked your original suit options for your first hq, if you drop the second you could throw in 2 twin mp/flamer crisis in a team, or suicide twin fusion drop suits, possibly piranha or two to help against vehicles, since melta is seriously that much better at Anti-Tank, than just railguns.  I wouldn't add in a stealth team unless you know how to guess that 18" range like a champ.  I wouldn't beef up ALL the fw squads, just the footslog one, as mounted fw's optimal number is 8 or 9.  You could also throw in some kroot for a cheap troop, and use them to outflank, or hold defensive objectives in terrain.