News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Space Wolves 1000, StormBolter Heaven, I love this codex!  (Read 506 times)

Offline silverspindle

Space Wolves 1000, StormBolter Heaven, I love this codex!
« on: November 6, 2009, 07:34:37 PM »
Wolf Guard Battle Leader, Frost Axe, /// 95

10 Grey Hunters, 2 MeltaGuns, PowerFist /// 180
~Rhino, Extra StormBolter /// 45

10 Grey Hunters, 2 MeltaGuns, PowerFist /// 180

5 WolfGuard, 2 MeltaBombs, 2 PowerFists, 2 Storm Bolters /// 146

Vindicator, Dozer Blade, Storm Bolter, Extra Armour /// 145

Dreadnought, Assault Cannon, Heavy Flamer /// 115

/// 996

Started my Wolves army recently and very impressed with the depth of the codex, the Wolf Guard entry in particular.

Decided to build my force around a core of Grey Hunters with a Cadre of Power-Armoured Wolf Guard as my shock troops.

The WolfLeader, I would imagine could be replaced with a Rune Priest but none of their Psychic powers strike me as that interesting. I am keen to try out the Frost Axe as I think 5 s5 power weapon attacks will be rather handy.

His squad are armed with 2 MeltaBombs as well as two WolfGuard bearing PowerFists and StormBolters so that their Rhino can move up firing 4 StormBolters a turn until they're well placed for a good charging opportunity, in which case they have 12 normal attacks, 11 PwrWpn attacks or 5 weapons that can hurt armour. Pretty good for 6 Dudes!

Grey Hunters are unfortunately cookie-cutter but I really feel that I need at least 2 demolition teams, they have the tools to do their job and not be overly worried about retaliation.

Vindicator was chosen because Ordnance 'plates can be game-changers and it will certainly take some of the heat off my rhinos.
Dreadnought I feel adds to the armour saturation and will work closely with the Vindicator, freeing up my other troops.

All up, that's 9 StormBolters so my army can still be doing damage whilst embarked in transports.

What are your thoughts?