News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: My first Ork Game  (Read 458 times)

Offline Marauderk

My first Ork Game
« on: January 26, 2009, 09:42:07 PM »
Well i got my first game in with my fully painted Ork's ( made a vow not to play with an unpainted army again) and had planned at 1500 point match but the guy wanted to play an 1850 match with his SM's so i kitted my army out with a lot  of extras i really did not need or use just to get my points up.

I have decided that if i could remove every gun in my army i would be better off because if the 5 turns of the game i hit something 8 times lol ;)

Highlight of the game happened when his Land Raider rolled up and out popped his 8 Assault Term's with Thunder Hammers  and shields into my group of 9 Nobz with Eavy armour and cybork body's and painboy lead by my Warboss.

I made some good rolls and lost only one Nob and i killed 6 of his Term's do to his very poor rolls. Next turn finished his Terms off and regrouped and moved off after his land raider that my Battle Wagon just finished bouncing off of. ;)

Very impressed with how well they did in the game and glad i took the time to paint them up nice along with the rest of the army.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 09:43:59 PM by Marauderk »
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done"." - George Carlin

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
Re: My first Ork Game
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 08:19:13 PM »
Interesting.  So, what units did you use?

Yeah Ork BS is a drawback, but don't change your entire list (or those fully painted Orks) based off of just one game.  When I started with the Orks I thought that Dakka units (with the exception of the old Tankbustas) were uterly useless.  But with time (and the new/current dex) my opinions of the matter have changed and I doubt that I will ever use a force that doesn't utilize at least one unit of Lootas.

And yes I am aware that just that very statement is a mockery of my Evil Sunz/KoS tradition, but they have worked that well for me.

Peace
~OD

Post Script: if you get a chance maybe post some pics up in Faces, I'd like to see how you painted your boyz.
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 03:07:57 AM »
Good job on picking the Orks, what was the end result of the game?

As for Ork shooting, don't be so quick to abandon the idea. Sheer volume of fire goes a long way to making up for poor ballistic skill. Lootas, large mobs of Shoota Boyz, even big Grot mobs can all take quite a toll.

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 07:22:54 AM »
And shooting becomes almost a nessesity againt close combat oriented armies...  You really need to soften them up a little bit or they will run over you...

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline Marauderk

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 07:45:13 AM »
Hey thanks for the replies when i get a bit more time i will post what i took along with what he had.

In the end it was a tie based as we both where holding one objective. it would have been a win for me but he got a amazing round of shooting that destroyed 2 of my troop choices that where holding objectives.

My force of 30 gretchin going to ground in a wooded area with an objective was just to much for him LOL as they must have been hiding in every hole in the woods as i did not lose one of them to his firing
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done"." - George Carlin