News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 8th ed wish list  (Read 5606 times)

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: 8th ed wish list
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2017, 09:32:40 AM »
Well, If it's anything like in Age of Sigmar, it's really really simple.

Take a look at this warscroll for the War Hydra.

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-war-hydra-en.pdf

It's pretty simple.

You're already keeping track of wounds suffered, it's easy to reference the chart and see where the critter is at. Just keep a die next to the model to keep track of wounds suffered. Easy.

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2017, 09:35:54 AM »
I guess it all depends on how consistent that progression is. It's not so much that fact that they degrade that bothers me, but that they all degrade *differently*. I don't want to have to reference a sheet every time my thing gets wounded because it degrades in a different way and at a different rate than everything else. That is just like 2nd Edition, and it was annoying then and is annoying now.

Offline Lorizael

• GW Shill: Infinity Circuit: Synergistic Spotter of Numpties
  • Ancient
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2017, 06:14:00 AM »
I understand your worry, but seriously, having played AoS from the start, it really is easy and doesn't require any excessive book keeping.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2017, 03:25:21 PM »
Agreed. Once you play it in game, it'll make a lot of sense. I was worried about the same thing in AoS, but it's super easy to keep track of.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Aeldari
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2017, 08:11:38 PM »
With the new info about psykers:
New Warhammer 40,000 – Psychic Phase – Warhammer Community
Some new options opens up, while others got closed.
I'm guessing snake eyes (double 1's) and double 6's will mean POTW.
I hope POTW will be simple either lose a wound, or lose a mastery level and a power meaning ML 1 psykers loose their ability to cast psychic powers for the rest of the game.

DTW may just be a minus to the cast roll, say -1 for each mastery level in the deniers favor, psychic hood could be a deduct D6 but add the casters ML.

As for the powers I think we will see
WC1 = 5+ (83%)
WC2 = 6+ (72%)
WC3 = 7+ (58%)
WC4 = 8+ (42%)
or something similar.

I just hope you can buy or pick your powers, from a small list of the faction specific ones, we don't need to choose from 50+ powers available to everyone. A farseer would rarely have learned how to cast foot of Gork, nor summon chaos daemons.

A weirdboy predicting the future would certainly be weird, but knowing where the grotblast will land probably only makes the weirdboy laugh, at seemingly nothing, rather than have any practical use. "Tree grotts cwushk 2 off dem big blu 'umies, grotts are funny when dere bellies go splat n dere tiny bones go krunch"
Ego in propria persona, non compos mentis.