News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Index Astartes: The 40k Online Chaos Space Marines  (Read 9804 times)

Offline FifthWindDieGermanator

• Marines are Toughness 3! | Termagant
Index Astartes: The 40k Online Chaos Space Marines
« on: July 10, 2008, 06:36:55 PM »
On June 23, 2007, Nurgle 5 started a project for the 40k Online Chaos Space Marines. Many pitched in, and many ideas were thrown out. On the brink of completion, on May 3rd, 2008, the project fell silent. Not willing to let such a mighty project fall, I worked on the 40kO Marines, using the ideas generated by the group that made this all possible. I now present to you, the Heralds of Twilight:

Cymepk was one of the many warlords to plague Old Earth during the Techno-Barbarian Wars. A feared warlord, he and his army ravaged half of a continent, gaining new warriors from the corpse’s of their old masters. It was when Cymepk raised his banner from the pile of his latest victims that the Chaos Gods first visited him. In his sleep he was sent a vision. It was of the Empire of Man, led by a figure in golden armor. Eventually, this Emperor would fall silent, while the Galaxy would be wiped out by some irresistible force.
   Understanding what he had to do, Cymepk changed his forces into the Army of Twilight, to install him as the leader of Man. For the sun to rise, would see the entire galaxy wiped away by a great tide, and if the sun were to set, the human race would suffer before is was finally obliterated. To keep the galaxy at Twilight, would keep it alive. Starting a cruel campaign through the rest of the continent, Cymepk fought much more savage than ever before, set on finding the one that would ruin the galaxy, and kill him.
   It was at the final stage of his campaign over the current continent, that Cymepk finally earned the respect of the Gods he unwittingly served. As the city burned around d him, the multitude of innocent corpses stacked in the city square, that Cymepk achieved Daemonhood. His flesh became a deep purple, with his armor outlined in gold. Though not as powerful as the Daemon Princes of the Chaos Space Marine legions yet to come, Cymepk was now one of the most powerful beings to ever walk on the surface of Old Earth. It was soon after this momentous event for the Army of Twilight that Cymepk finally came face-to-face with the Emperor. Eager to rid the human race with it’s will-be destroyer, Cymepk fought head on with the Emperor. Though his strength was boosted beyond human levels, he was still no match to the Emperor of Man, he was cast aside by a swipe of his mighty blade. Shortly after his death, the Army of Twilight shattered, and the Emperor finished conquering Earth.
   Cymepk was not yet finished, however. Cast into the Warp, Cymepk finally learned the truth about his visions, and how it was the Gods that granted him his power that would destroy the Emperor, keeping the human race alive. Knowing this, Cymepk snuck his words into the minds of his followers, telling them that he was not dead, and he would make rise a new champion, to lead the Army of Twilight again. Cymepk also whispered into the ears of those who would come into the path of the Emperor and his Legions during the Great Crusade, converting them to His side even before the Emperor left Terra.
   Since Cymepk was nothing short of a Chaos God, he was given the power of foresight, and was able to shift the strands of time to his own gain. He implanted some of his very essence into an Astartes geneseed, so in time, he would become his new champion. A Splinter of Kraken deflected, and Ork Warboss killed before it could ever be born, all to keep his champion alive, until the time came.
   Due to his early corruptions, many of the Astartes were set to the will of Cymepk, even if they didn’t know it. If was finally during a battle with the Thousand Sons in M32 that Captain Cyrius of the 5th Company Twilight Knights Space Marines raised those loyal to him, and rebelled against the rest of the Chapter. Fleeing from the Eye, Cyrius became known as Lord Hesperion of the Heralds of Twilight, drawing many under his banner, under the instruction of Cymepk himself. The Heralds of Twilight created a great rend in the Segmentum Obscurus before separating under the might of multiple loyal Imperial forces. It seems that the Heralds of Twilight had died, gone from the eyes of the Imperium. Whether this was the command of Cymepk or not is not known. Finally, the Heralds resurfaced again during M40, not as a whole army, but separate groups. All around the galaxy, soldiers of the Heralds of Twilight were seen, attacking  the Imperium, to steer them away from the path that will lead to their destruction. They now seek to upsurp the command of the High Lord of Terra, with the help of the major Chaos Powers from this galaxy,to keep the human race as the dominant speicies in the galaxy.

"Our leader  has spread his influence through the legions. Our cult spreads far.....Space Marine Captains, Lords of Chaos, Inquisitors all worshippers of the Twilight. The Emperor heralded the Dawn of Man. We herald the Twilight. We Deathlessly End All. We End the Light. We End Hope. We End Man. We Herald the End."
~Extract from the Creed Of Twilight

Hesperion (done by Dark Pariah)

Epicly long edit: Here is the painted version of Lord Hesperion, again, done by Dark Pariah:
Credits:
Nurlge 5
Cripple, the Avian Lord of Anniahlation
Irandrura
Khemri
Insulin Junkie
Killersquid
YuenglingDragon
OrionKale
Sanctjud
Hellboy
Mark O' Tzeentch
Tyranoid
Dark Pariah
Chosen40k
ellobo
Kishiver
chaos lord matt
Nihilistic Glee
Exalted One
flibbertigibbet
DarthVegeta800
Agent of Change
Karynos
Celephus Drax
Rasmus
Grand Master BT
pepsi
Leecifer, Dark Apostle
I bet she fakes it
Web Ghost
Future Song
Suicide_Mission
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 12:18:57 AM by FifthWindLegion the Ravine Lord of Twilight »
"special weapons, what special weapons, oh look skulls, BLAAAGABLAGAAAGGGGG BLOOD SKULLS BLOOD SKULLS"
-Sanctjud

I'd rather you hate me, For everything I am, Than have you love me, For something that I can't
- Five Finger Death Punch

Beware, Rules Lawyers, beware!

Offline DrPestilence

Re: Index Astartes: The 40k Online Chaos Space Marines
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 06:50:53 PM »
That is some rad looking Lord, I canot wait to see him finished.
Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the Gun.

Offline FifthWindDieGermanator

• Marines are Toughness 3! | Termagant
Re: Index Astartes: The 40k Online Chaos Space Marines
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 06:55:02 PM »
Sadly, DarkPariah has not been with us since March, so I doubt it will ever be completed. Though I thought there was a painted pic of him somewhere...
"special weapons, what special weapons, oh look skulls, BLAAAGABLAGAAAGGGGG BLOOD SKULLS BLOOD SKULLS"
-Sanctjud

I'd rather you hate me, For everything I am, Than have you love me, For something that I can't
- Five Finger Death Punch

Beware, Rules Lawyers, beware!