News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 40k Online Chaos Space Marines?  (Read 37575 times)

Offline chaos lord matt

• "Are none of you worthy of your reputation?"
Re: 40k Online Chaos Space Marines?
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2007, 08:36:10 PM »
Umm. . . .i personally suggest a name before the color is decided!

I mean what if we decided on green and then we named them "The red horrors" i mean. . .its kinda important.

I really love the trippy color schemes like. . . .3 diff colors for armour and stuff.

Like purple shoulders, red armour and blue legs and stuff. . . .always cool like that

But then again im a slaaneshi fan  :D

And no problem. . . .i vow my men to this project  . . ..the black legion will aid you

Offline Master Bio-Titan BT

• Armies: Chaos Marines and Tyranids
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2007, 08:45:09 PM »
Though I am not a fan of fluff as I would rather just play the game and enjoy the hobby, but this might be something that I can keep up with.

Here is my idea on an HQ choice, whether he be a Lord, Prince, etc....

This D/Prince would have to be of someone reknown, old,  and experienced.  Someone who struggled with which diety to worship.  So, unknown to specific legions he went undercover and joined each legion and over time mastered the benefits and accepted favour from the legion gods granting him special abilities.  That is just a bit of fluff/background.

The statline should benefit from one thing specific to each legion/diety.  He can be modeled with an Icon of Unity.  A colour scheme of each legion specific in each quadrant of armour ( i.e.  L-Leg Slaanesh, R-Leg Thousand Sons, R-Arm DG, L-Arm Khrone), the Bronze Helm of Recognition.  You know, things like that.

Does that help?

2008 CSM Poster of the Year

My CSM Conversions & Tutorials (Updated 12-22-12) 

My Tyranid Conversions & Tutorials  (Updated 12-23-12)

Offline chaos lord matt

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2007, 08:52:29 PM »
OMG OMG OMG! i found a colour scheme!! (stolen from grand master)

I really, really want those colours!! i think ill do some of mine like that too!

Like this:

Left shoulder will be blue with gold/yellow trim;

Right shoulder will be Pink with black trim;

Left leg will be Green for nurgle;   

And right leg will be Red with gold trim for khorne

DUDES!! YOU KNOW ITS AWESOME!

And for the legion name i suggest something like:

"The four powers"
"The four winds"
"Chaos warriors" <- weird
but still
"Undivided Champions"

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2007, 09:03:45 PM »
 :o :o :o  Are you stealing my idea!??   :o :o :o

Naa, I know you are just trying to add input.  Otherwise I would have to complete the idea.

It would be nice to have all of the Icons painted in the armour, or an appearance of being etched into it.  kind of like "Nightcrawler" in X-Men.

Offline Tyranoid, 'the weaver of deciet'

• only took 12hours...
    • dropshots
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2007, 12:56:13 AM »
okay, so i have been reading the posts.
ive seen alot of good ideas, and some bad ones. but thats personal preference.
at the moment, i have been tinkering with many different color schemes (check out my "color brigade" in the gallery, seven thousand son warriors whom are all painted differently)

i also have the "Midnight Bezerker": Black primed, midnight blue over coat, mithril chains and accessories, black blade with mithril chains, ultramarine blue int he shoulder pads.
currently i am painting my CSM squads like the dread featured as my pic.
my legion: the Dawn Bringers.
body: prime black, 1st coat blazing orange, 2nd coat blood red, 3rd coat red gore (all lightl coats).
trim and elbow pads etc.: tin bits, then over coat with brazen brass
helm, black with red or yellow eyes.
shoulder pads, black inside, same trim.

so thats what i have. consider this, if you wish. they look really good, imo. (exactly the same as my dread, ill post a few pics of them)

sorry for the double post. this is how i painted my CSM's the Dawn Bringers at your service:

Please do not make serial posts.
Use the "Modify"-button ( or ) to add to your posts rather than to post another in sequence. Thank you.
Have a nice day.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 03:56:44 PM by Rasmus »
"the truth is that Tzeentch's every action is planned with its ultimate goal as his own establishment as the pre-eminent power in the warp. of course, the very nature of the Lord of Entropy is such that, were he to attain this goal, he would still strive for turmoil and change."

Offline Dark Pariah

• I got an Awful Custom Title for Arguing with a Mod
  • For Volscan! For Blood! For Chaos!
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2007, 02:13:42 AM »
Excellent work!! Excellent! ;D OK now for a few name ideas

Harvesters Of Sorrow
Hands Of Despair
Legion Of The Dark Heart
Children Of Eternal Torment
Damnations Sons

The DG of Lord Palida Morrs humbily bow and serve, --insert chapter name here--

By our last plague marine shall we fight to crush the wretched enemys of the Four!
Need advice on a scratch build? PM me, I may be able to help.

Builder of all things chaos- Warhound Titan, Harbinger Bomber, Lord,
Stuff.

Offline Hellboy

• You're unique, just like everyone else.
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2007, 03:34:50 AM »
twilight stalkers for the win!! though i think a poll is in order as we have been going round in circles for a couple of pages now.

as for colour schemes, i think its going to take a bit longer, as i personally dont want my chaos space marines to look like clowns in multi coloured armour. im more of a modeler than a player and fluff head, and i take pride in my work. if we were to take the four colours of thousand sons, emperors children, death guard and world eaters, we're not showing fealty to the four gods but to those four legions. the chaos gods dont have favorite colours.

as i said before, the more simple we keep it, the more people will be happy to dedicate miniatures to it. a base colour with a wash maybe, a colour for trim, a colour for details.

for example: chaos black all over, leave to dry, cover the whole thing with red ink, leave to dry. dwarf bronze trim, grey/white eyes. for the weapon: mithril silver with boltgun metal casing with a thined black ink over the top.
First come the smiles.

Then lies,

Last is gunfire.

(Roland Deschain of Gilead - The Dark Tower)

Offline nurgle5

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2007, 05:13:46 AM »
i agree with Hellboy, we should try and keep the scheme simple. But first we need a name. I've picked what i think are the best 8 names, these names will be going in the poll:
1) Twilight Stalkers.
2) Heralds of Twilight.
3) Hands of Despair.
4)Twilight Spectres.
5) Children of Eternal Torment.
6) Heralds of Chaos.
7) Black Hearts.
8) Legion of the Four Winds.

i will ask scorn to make this a poll tomorrow, so any objections to the names or if have any more that you think are better, please post them before tomorrow.

@Grand Master BT, instead having a daemon with all the colours of the four powers, we could have a traitor Chapter Master with all the characteristics of the four powers.

Offline Hellboy

• You're unique, just like everyone else.
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2007, 07:02:15 AM »
nurgle5, always the diplomat :D

i like the idea of the lord of the "crusade". even if he stays fictional (as in we dont model him) it would be cool. a massive resilient sorceror with deathly rage that takes drugs lol!!

ill keep an eye out for the poll
First come the smiles.

Then lies,

Last is gunfire.

(Roland Deschain of Gilead - The Dark Tower)

Offline web ghost

• Lookit me! I did something useful!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • "Beware of this and that" -Edward Gorey
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2007, 11:26:26 AM »
howdy gang.  Couple of things: 

First off Killersquid is a way until September.  So there probably can't be anything officially done for a while.  I also feel a bit weird about creating a whole chapter or whatever for the community with no mod (specifically a chaos mod) around.  True, Spiral is here but he is just filling in to make sure we don't eat each other. 

New codex in September.  Might it be better to wait until we see its contents?  Yes we have a pretty good understanding of some of the rules changes but not of the fluff within.  The new dex is touted to be less about the original nine, less about daemons and more about renegade CSMs.  perhaps there is stuff on how to organise new chapters/whatevers and this and that.

Any hierarchy debates have always ended with:  Meh.  So there would probably be no hierarchy involved (which is fine by me.)  So what would we actually be doing?  What is the overall purpose?  Simply creating a chapter/whatever to show our allegiance to 40ko and to get our creative juices flowing?  fine by me as well. 

Fluffy stuff:  the original nine legions are the only true legions that we know of.  So this would probably not be a legion.  What other options are there?  A loyalist chapter turned to chaos?  In this case, they would probably have a defined color scheme, a defined organization etc.  As most people like to use their own armies, a lot of which are already one of the nine, I can't really see this working.  Would CSMs from other legions join this chapter?  Other options:  A 'chapter' similar to the Astral Claws/Red Corsairs where there is sort of an open membership?  More of a named crusade? 

there are a lot of different factors.  I propose that we take a step back and organize the thing a bit more like the way the SM community chapter is being done.  As in every once in a while a topic comes up, like origins/geneseed.  it is open for a while, debate ensues, opinions and ideas are defined and refined and then a vote goes up.  then on to the next thing.  Name or whatever.  colors.

or perhaps this is too complex, I dunno I'm just throwing ideas out there.  there already seems to be a wide diversity of opinions and we haven't gotten too far yet.  it has only been a couple of days.  I, for one, am not ready for a vote yet.  I'm still working on the idea in general.  Nor am I too into the idea of creating votes that are supposedly sanctioned by the community, without our moderator around. 

I tend to muck these things up with all my reservations and throwing them into committee.  So please ignore me.  but I feel that we are rushing a bit and with no official sanction. 

BTW, I like #s 2, 3, 6, and  8) though a Legion probably wouldn't be realistic. 

later WG

Offline Arven

• Warrior of the Fang
    • Adeptus Formaeus
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2007, 11:31:08 AM »
Does 40konline have a space marine chapter? This legion could be its antitheses with name and colours hinting at that?
Grandchild of Nurgle, Purveyor of Contagion
Join the Forces of Chaos in the summer campaign The Fall of Medusa V

Welcome to the Adeptus-Formaeus  <= check out the Brewery

Have a nice day!

Offline Sanctjud

• No one cares about Sanctjud's post count | Infinity Circuit
  • Absolute Chaos and SOLAR PUPPY
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2007, 11:36:36 AM »
Well, not necesarily "takes drugs".  That char. should just do what he does reallly, well, like an obsession.  Massively resilient isn't necessarily Nurlge, any undivided army can get daemonic resilience.  Deathly rage seems right.

So you are saying +1T, +sorceror, +1A, +1I
Points wise, daemonic resilience, sorceror, daemonic mutation, mark of slaanesh(cause there is no I increase)...totaling 45 points..

Ahh, what would this characters weapons be...the united daemon weapon?... or trademark weapon.

So what is this, a gathering of chaos legions to do another crusade into the real world?  Twilight Stalkers just doesn't sound like the brute force we are exhibiting, if we were a pirate kinda force yea, that name sounds good, but we are doing another crusade right?  If not, yea, Twilight Stalkers sounds good.  

Twilight Spectres is similar to Twilight Stalkers, thinking about it again, if we are banding together, we are no longer spectres or appirations or doing hit and run stuff, we are brute force now.

If we call it legion of the Four Winds, we will be alienating the undivide legions, like red corsairs, alpha legion, black legion, etc.

Children of Eternal Torment sounds closer to a slaaneshy name.
Hands of Despair is too Nurgle, don't for get he is the god of despair (not disease, disease is a means to the ends)

I'll second, Heralds of Twilight and/or Heralds of Chaos.  A huge mob of chaos spilling forth from the eye to spread Twilight and Chaos.

Our enemies are not just SM's though, we like killing everyone in the universe.

I was thinking of this: We have this figuehead leader, he's pretty good, but what sets him apart from recent legions is that he has a big(effective) council that does the checks and balances.......It's really hard to control may differnt legions under one banner... And any char. we make can't compare to the black legion's Abaddon.   just some ideas.

Just my 2 cents.
If you meet a bear named Sanctjud in the tavern, don't get into his van for candy.  I did once....it's sticky, salty, and really not very nice. :(
Raptor Jesus will get you Tangi... oh he will.

Offline Arven

• Warrior of the Fang
    • Adeptus Formaeus
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2007, 12:05:50 PM »
How about Sons of Something for a name? Like the Sons of Malice. Or something latin?
Grandchild of Nurgle, Purveyor of Contagion
Join the Forces of Chaos in the summer campaign The Fall of Medusa V

Welcome to the Adeptus-Formaeus  <= check out the Brewery

Have a nice day!

Offline Sanctjud

• No one cares about Sanctjud's post count | Infinity Circuit
  • Absolute Chaos and SOLAR PUPPY
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2007, 12:07:37 PM »
Sounds too much like 1K sons, and Sons of Horus, etc.  Some chaos ppl are reborn in the eye, but I don't think we want to refer to ourselves as 'son'.  Lowers our perception in the family rank.....
If you meet a bear named Sanctjud in the tavern, don't get into his van for candy.  I did once....it's sticky, salty, and really not very nice. :(
Raptor Jesus will get you Tangi... oh he will.

Offline Future Song

« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2007, 12:21:34 PM »
     Some good points made by Web Ghost and Sanctjud.
     Personally, I think that the army, whatever we name it (and, let me say once again that I favour "Heralds of Twilight") should take the from of either a chapter like the Red Corsairs, or a crusade of Chaos Space Marines and their allies into real space.
     Of the two of those options, I think that the crusade idea is the most flexable, both in terms of working around existing background and including the original legions. Chaos  Space Marine history is littered with examples of lone Chaos Lords or groups of traitors  gathering armies around themselves and launching campaigns into imperial or alien space. So it would be relatively simple to create a "movement" of CSM's, rather than a distinct chapter. This would allow CSM's from any of the legions to join the crusade without having to change their allegiance. From a practical point of view, it would also be easier to implement, as all we would really need would be a badge, a leader(s), and some general background.
     Another benefit of the crusade over the chapter, is that it could exist independently of the rules; i.e. the new chaos codex may be coming out in September, but were as a chapter's make up may be effected by rules changes, a crusade would not. Hope that makes sense.  

Offline nurgle5

« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2007, 01:58:09 PM »
in the names section what is supposed to be 8 but came out as  8) (sorry!).
To clarify: this is a crusade, a gathering of chaos warbands and companies.But there will be a central group that will be the 40k online marines.

Think of the 40th Corps in the IG board. the 40th corps are a gathering of all the IG players armies under one banner.They have markings that they add to their Sergeants, Commanders, tanks or even infantry. then the 40th corps have a central regiment, most people paint one Character or squad in their army to match the 40th corps colour scheme, whereas Parak has made a whole army based on the regiment. there is no need to make a new army if you don't want to. You can just use the crusade badge or even just add one squad of the new chapter to your army and just count them as Plague marines/black legion/Iron Warriors/whatever.

Don't worry about changes in regard to renegade chapters organisation in fluff terms, because as GW say: universal organisation are an anathema to the forces of the dark gods.

Ok we'll push the vote on the name back 'til saturday and i think it might be best if we held the the vote within this topic. Anywho.......hope this helps to clarify a few things.

Offline Kishvier

• Gooder Speller Then U
  • BANNED - for crimes against bandwidth.
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2007, 02:25:59 PM »
Sorry about getting here late but some names that I think are good I have made are:

Sons of Pain
Lords of Carnage
Iron Serpents
Dark Flames
Dark Titans

Hope it isn't too late to join the party.

Also the name of my army is the Sons of Pain though they are really a Iron Warriors army.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 02:28:31 PM by Kishvier »
[SPAM] IS MY FAVORITE FORM OF [POSTING]!  BLARGHRAGARGMERARRG!!!

Offline chaos lord matt

« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2007, 03:57:42 AM »
So is the poll up yet. . .i didnt see it?

And. . . .im sorry grand master BT but i kinda did. . . .because its the greatest idea ever!! So ill paint a few like that and show you. .. that way we can get the idea.

But im sticking with the four winds

« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2007, 05:17:35 AM »
So is the poll up yet. . .i didnt see it?

And. . . .im sorry grand master BT but i kinda did. . . .because its the greatest idea ever!! So ill paint a few like that and show you. .. that way we can get the idea.

But im sticking with the four winds

I didn't exactly mean that every model in the army composition have that colors scheme.  just the leader, uniting the chaos for some other kind of benefit, maybe just a corrupted purpose like a dictatorship, ie. Hitler.

Offline chaos lord matt

« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2007, 03:51:58 PM »
Oh! i was gonna paint ALL my marines that way. . .because they have to represent  ;)