News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Thinking of using Exodite Knights in new codex  (Read 1974 times)

Offline Seth the Dark

• On the Maiden world called "Earth"
Thinking of using Exodite Knights in new codex
« on: October 28, 2006, 03:40:02 PM »
I have a few Cold Ones from a Lizardmen army that I never used and I thought it would be great idea to convert them into Exodites (along with some Wood Elves). What do you think? I think I could use them in place of Shining Spears (more likely) or Jetbikes.
"They say the Darkness consumes you. They don't say what happens after It's done."

Offline Farseer Ari'Torcis

• Vengence is at hand.
Re: Thinking of using Exodite Knights in new codex
« Reply #1 on: November 1, 2006, 02:33:42 PM »
Sounds like a fun idea.  Be sure to post pics of them if you finish them.

Offline Killing Time

• Infinity Circuit | I put out on the first date | Tarrin's Sullied Cunning Stunt Double
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Brevior saltare cum deformibus mulieribus est vita
« Reply #2 on: November 1, 2006, 02:36:33 PM »
Sounds cool.
I can't see anyone complaining if you use Shining Spears rules for them....with an Exarch "champion" and an Autarch "Lord".....
Go for it.

Dizzy

Offline Seth the Dark

« Reply #3 on: November 3, 2006, 02:22:39 PM »
I was mainly thinking of using them as "allies" to my Craftworld Eldar. Basically the Craftworld is fighting on their planet and they happen to lend a hand. Plus I also have  a Stegadon that will count as a Wraithlord.
"They say the Darkness consumes you. They don't say what happens after It's done."

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
    • oinks overambitious terrain project(s)
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 10:23:44 AM »
i was thinking of using stegadons with weapons and crew on their back as support batteries!? what do you think?

and i am even entertaining the idea of using a warhammer dragon as a fire prism!

ill post later with more details of my planned exodite army!

Offline Seth the Dark

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 01:59:18 PM »
A dragon as a frie prism would be wicked but the main difficulty I see with using "counts as" vehicles is they might not seem too realistic but I'll probably use one the same way!

In creating Dragon Knights I was thinking of combining Guardian bodies, Wood Elf heads and cloaks, Shining spear lances and of course Lizardmen Cold Ones.

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
    • oinks overambitious terrain project(s)
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006, 12:54:33 PM »
for the dragon, i think im gonna have to create afalcon shaped base for the model, so that it can still be useful in terms of ranges etc... and so that the size of the things match up.

my dragons are starting life on the old metal cold ones.... using high elf cavalry legs... and probably their torsos to... the majority of the rest of the troops are going to be dark eldar warriors without the spiky bits etc...

Offline Tenchijin

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2006, 11:41:58 PM »
i have also been contemplating on my new exodite army for conversion ideas, basically in the fluff they are very powerful and have had great success settling on there world of *insert name*, and have even been known to travel in there own fleet ships similar to craftworlds but much smaller to wage war and claim new territories on other planets. they dont lack technology but usually their skilled warriors prefer to get upfront and personal.. while ofcourse others have emerged out of there society who prefer to fight at a distance, and do it very well. another main point is that they use kroot for the frontlines of there armies(basically a meatsheild, but still a very potent one if left ignored)

anyways i plan on having a farseer riding a terradon as a jetbike, and hes got a dragon head as a helm righ tnow that looks great

i too was thinking of using cold ones for shining spears,

ive thoght about using a dragon for a wraithlord or something too, as a wraithlord i could have like a rope tied from him to the farseer so he would be like leading him (wraithsight) ive got plenty of other ideas but i really gotta go to sleep...

Offline Seth the Dark

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 12:04:03 PM »
Does anyone have pictures of Exodite conversions? I have the newest Cold One miniatures and was thinking of using Wood Elf riders.