News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: New to DE, 1500pt help  (Read 644 times)

Offline AlexIsFancy

• "Fear is the mind killer"
New to DE, 1500pt help
« on: November 27, 2011, 01:51:58 PM »
So this is my first post on this forum, please excuse my nubness. Anyway picked up the codex and really like it. My brother and main opponent mains as orks, using KFF vehicle rush. I think this may work well:

HQ:

-Ancient Haemmy w/ Liquifier & VB

Elites:

-4 Incubi w/ Klaivex (Demi, Murderous Assault) + Venom w/ NS

Troops:

-10 Warriors w/ Cannon + Raider w/ FF
-10 Wyches w/ Hekatrix (Phantasm Grenade) & either razorflails or hydra (on the fence with which to pick) + Raider w/ FF
-7 Wracks

Heavy:

-Ravager w/ FF, NS
-Ravager w/ FF, NS
-Razorwing w/ FF, NS, Cannon

Offline Skari

• "I will enjoy drinking out of your skull"
Re: New to DE, 1500pt help
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 03:06:48 PM »
Hello Alex, I think Ill take a stab at it :D. So, orks you say? Cool. Here goes.

HQ:

-Ancient Haemmy w/ Liquifier & VB
I love the liquifier, and against orks it is really handy. But he is one step away from getting pwned by a power claw. Save some points and only run 1 regular heamy with the liquifier, or 2 regular heamies with liquifiers, this will add another flamer and another squad will get a pain token.

Elites:

-4 Incubi w/ Klaivex (Demi, Murderous Assault) + Venom w/ NS
I love incubi. Run a heamy in here for FNP and they can hold their own against any horde. Dont run them against too many power claws tho. And make sure you leave the heamy behind in the venom so that you dont loose fleet. (make sure you keep the pain token on the incubi tho). I would invest in a second splinter cannon for the venom. (maybe from the points saved from the ancient)
Troops:

-10 Wyches w/ Hekatrix (Phantasm Grenade) & either razorflails or hydra (on the fence with which to pick) + Raider w/ FF
-7 Wracks
Good number of troops. If you run the wyches run gauntlets, by far awesome, and run 9 wyches to be able to run a heamy in here for a pain token, make sure you give the hex an agonizer, and I don't think the phantasm is needed. If wyches are not charging they are probably already in a bad spot and no ammount of gear will get them out. The wracks are also good. 3 of them in a venom with dual cannons is always a good investment of points. 2 venoms for 1500pts is a decent amount.

Heavy:

-Ravager w/ FF, NS
-Ravager w/ FF, NS
-Razorwing w/ FF, NS, Cannon

Great, standard loadout. I like it. I dont think the NS FF on the razorwing is needed. Why? Well I like placing it in reserve and then it comes in, picks a target and wipes it out... it survives by you putting pressure on the enemy on other fronts, and no amount of points invested will allow it to survive. Anyway, that is what I think.

Best of luck, make sure you update us with games, tatics, pictures etc...

Offline AlexIsFancy

• "Fear is the mind killer"
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 03:47:41 PM »
I just realized wyches come with PG standard, derp. I am hesitant to put the points into an Agonizer though as I really don't need power weapons. Did some revisions around and got another Haem for the wyches, downgraded the other one for the points.

What I usually face are some Koptas, 4 Trukks of boys (each has a Nob w/ PK), 2 Dreads, a Battlewagon with KFF mek and burna squad inside, a footmob of shootas, and some bikers.

These are my thoughts: A whole bunch of Dark Lance shots from ravagers and raiders should pop Wagon, even with its 4+ save. Same goes for Koptas and Dreads. Once armor is gone i can sweep boyz away with mass splinter fire and surgical attacks with incubi and wyches. Wracks hold down an objective in cover and deep striking Razorwing will do whatever it needs to at given time. I just pray he doesn't decide to put Lootas in his army.

Offline Skari

• "I will enjoy drinking out of your skull"
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 04:12:56 PM »
You are on the right path there. The koptaz also die fast to the lances, maybe something else you might consider is making one of the warrior squads smaller (5 man) saving 55pts (the cannon and 5) an then that allows you to get 3 blasters (one for each warrior squad) and then you have 10 pts left over that you can put towards a second venom. The burnas are the real threat. But if you can charge them with the wyches its your game. I love the agonizer. But you are right, in the case of just orks the venom blade is awesome.

Cheers!