News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Daemonically possessed Librarians  (Read 2148 times)

Offline Brash

• Titan Games
  • Armies: Chaos Space Marines
Daemonically possessed Librarians
« on: November 28, 2017, 04:28:14 AM »
I am reading through Ahirman the Omnibus and not to spoil anything from the story but have come across a character who is essentially a possessed librarian. I feel as though in every other case whenever librarians let in creatures from the warp they die, are hideously mutated or are completely taken over by the daemon. In the book the relationship between the librarian and daemon is much more like Argul Tal and his daemon from the horus heresy. They form a team and work together arguably better then ether would have done on their own.

I am now definitely under the opinion that you should have the option to have a daemonically possessed librarian with better powers for chaos. Just wanted to see what everyone else thought.

Cheers!
Ave Dominus Nox

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
Re: Daemonically possessed Librarians
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 08:15:18 AM »
This is one of those instances where narrative does not equal rules or a model on the table.  Chaos armies have more than enough options with their HQ units and don't need any more.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Drah

• Suffer Not the Unclean to Live
    • Crossfire Gaming Club
  • Armies: Death Guard, Primaris Marines
Re: Daemonically possessed Librarians
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 06:31:30 AM »
I agree that Chaos don't need any more options as they have plenty although from a narrative stand point it's pretty cool but unlikely to have any major change on how a model works in the game