News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Bad Moonz  (Read 27751 times)

Offline Baron Wastelands

• Loota
  • Orks/Necrons in 6th
Re: Bad Moonz
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2012, 04:02:14 PM »
Can't wait to see your first army all in one big happy yellow family photo.  ;D

Still a long way from that, but it's the carrot at the end of the stick :)

Had fun today, went a bit HQ mad - my boss for febuwaaghry is pretty much ready, but while I was about it I had a lot of fun kitbashing some secondary options. First is a weirdboy; apologies for the scrappy basecoat here, but bits came from all over, and I had to black most of it to make any sense of it!

Second is a mini-project; I wanted a second big mek to run with 2 Dredds and 9 kans, since I have them, but I wouldn't need a second one otherwise, so my idea was to build a double-base - one larger one for when he is a big mek, one smaller for when he is just a mek (still mildly useful in a battlewagon full o' burnas). Was pleased with how this came out - will magnetise it, I think, and maybe do something else (a turret top?) so that the larger base can double as an objective (ork tunnel entrance) when I don't need the 2nd Big Mek.

Right, now, need a name for my biker boss . . .

Yellow is the new Green . . .

Offline Baron Wastelands

• Loota
  • Orks/Necrons in 6th
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2012, 09:23:33 AM »
Had a good painting day today, on account of not being able to fix my wife's car  >:(
Got the camera out for a proper session, and took some better pictures of the shoota boyz too, and updated the nobs pics, including their shiny new trukk:

Still got 2 nobz to paint, not even basecoated, but that's just for the maximum squad size, which I don't use always. The skull on the trukk is looted from one of my son's (cheap) caveman toys, just sprayed and repainted, with a couple of armour plates added.
« Last Edit: July 9, 2012, 04:11:35 PM by Baron Wastelands »

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
  • Armies: Deffskullz
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2012, 10:15:26 AM »
That is some very nice work ;D I especially love the Nobz trukk, it is awesome! Keep up the good work! I will be looking foward to it.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2012, 09:52:25 AM »
Those are some sweet looking rides, makes me want to start digging around through my next door neighbors yard to loot some stuff from their kids' toys.  :-[ (all my kids are grown and don't have any lootable toys  :'( )

That is just some great work all around, Good Stuff!
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
  • Armies: Deffskullz
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2012, 10:46:12 AM »
My first yoof is coming this week, so I have many years of looting soon to come. :D It is good to be a deathskull ;)

What Lego kit did your med kit come from?

Offline Baron Wastelands

• Loota
  • Orks/Necrons in 6th
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2012, 02:20:13 PM »
makes me want to start digging around through my next door neighbors yard to loot some stuff from their kids' toys.  :-[ (all my kids are grown and don't have any lootable toys  :'( )

To be honest, the toy was only 1.99 (UK) for a caveman with a club and a dinosaur skull - would've paid that for the skull, so we were both happy :)

What Lego kit did your med kit come from?

Oddly enough, I think it came from the little box with the doctor and his car in. Lego painboy in his own right!

Thanks for the encouraging comments, much easier to paint more if others are interested too :) Have done the first coat on my looted wagon, and a bunch of nob bikers to go with my new biker boss.

Offline Respekt

• Ork Boy
  • Armies: Orks and maybe a fotm ;)
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2012, 03:46:16 PM »
I LOVE the big mek/mek basing idea. It really works. Plus the big mek base looks perfect for a kff mek riding in/on a battlewagon or truck. I have tried to create a decent base for a mek who will spend most of the time standing atop my bwag; you seemed to have pulled it off. gj.
Cheers,

Respekt

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2012, 09:51:28 PM »
I think the trukk is looking really gnarly...  Very awesome and very suited to the nobz...  I picture them coming upon some great beast, power klawing and choppaing it to death, then eating it and welding it's skull to the front of their trukk! lol

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline Baron Wastelands

• Loota
  • Orks/Necrons in 6th
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2012, 11:15:42 AM »
Plus the big mek base looks perfect for a kff mek riding in/on a battlewagon or truck.

That too! I hadn't quite considered that aspect; now I may need to get a second BW and make a dedicated space!

I picture them coming upon some great beast, power klawing and choppaing it to death, then eating it and welding it's skull to the front of their trukk!

Actually, they crashed into it in the dark, and couldn't get it off the hood. But they'll tell it your way from now on . . .

Offline Baron Wastelands

• Loota
  • Orks/Necrons in 6th
« Reply #49 on: February 2, 2012, 05:50:59 PM »
Been a busy week at work, but inspired by finishing my biker boss, I have painted up his nob biker squad too.

If you haven't checked the Febuwaaghry link, boss looks like this:

And his mob looks like this:

First guy in the three is armed with a freshly built Waagh banner . . . counts as a big choppa too.
The painboy has a grot orderly, and the zerker is just a normal nob with a big choppa from a rules point of view, but I liked the idea that he's a crazier-than-average biker nob, who needs an extra wheel because he usually entirely forgets to steer once he gets near the enemy.

I have another twelve bikes mostly modelled, but not even primed - one of my favourite armies is an all-bike 1000pt-er, but I can't settle on the last points, and my Wazdakka is still in the very early stages of construction. Be really nice to model him properly, so that's going on the list.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #50 on: February 3, 2012, 08:28:41 AM »
Those are some sweet bikes, and you still have a dozen to go? Are you sure your not really a closet speed freak? Red is not that bad and will make you faster, (uses hypnotic voice) you will like red, you want to paint red, red is your friend, be one with the red paint  ;D
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline zachay2000

• Ork Boy
  • If we don't end WAAGH, WAAGH will end us!
« Reply #51 on: February 3, 2012, 11:39:29 AM »
Red good, red fast, red better than the rest! But really they look great, each time you post something new I get an itch to paint something of mine (just bought green primer, the biggest brush I could, and so much bloody red paint) keep it up!
Check out the Two Headed Geek channel on Youtube! TwoheadedGeek's channel - YouTube *Latest Video= Army Update*

Offline Baron Wastelands

• Loota
  • Orks/Necrons in 6th
« Reply #52 on: February 3, 2012, 02:30:41 PM »
Are you sure your not really a closet speed freak?

Oh, I'm a speed freak more often than not; just a speed freak who doesn't like red  ;D
Is this an Ork-xymoron?
Again, I don't play in a highly competitive environment, so most of the time my opponents are happy for me to take a YPJ in place of an RPJ. I generally make sure everything has it or none. I've been playing with unpainted models for a good while, so they are used to the paint job not being WYSIWYG!

Red good, red fast, red better than the rest!

Yellow reassuringly expensive, yellow luxuriant, yellow the colour of teef . . .
« Last Edit: February 3, 2012, 02:33:18 PM by Baron Wastelands »

Offline Baron Wastelands

• Loota
  • Orks/Necrons in 6th
« Reply #53 on: February 4, 2012, 08:26:46 AM »
Gotta love Saturdays . . . my looted wagon is finished, much to the joy of my tankbuster nob; he was very cross that a load of bikes came into the shop after him, and got seen to first.

I took the grot on a banner pole off the back, he was just too fragile and kept snapping off while painting. Will either have to pin him, or leave him off. Not sure whether it needs him . . . any thoughts?

Next . . . I'm conflicted. Don't want to do more bikes at the moment, but otherwise I don't know. It's either:
1) 9 Tankbusters for the Looted wagon (would be 10, but I'm outta rokkit launchers!)
2) A deff dredd (have 2, want at least one done to go with the kans)
3) One or both of my alternate HQs (still sitting on my gluing/drying shelf taunting me)
4) The 'ard boys (started, after all; and their trukk is done already)
5) A deff kopta squadron (not the best option tactically, I'm aware, but I like the idea)
6) A Battlewagon with 11 burnas (bigger project, but it's got to be done sometime)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #54 on: February 4, 2012, 09:06:46 AM »
I vote for the burna boys and battle wagon. They are such a fun unit that many of your opponents will make them a target priority.

For a great tactica (if I say so myself) on burna boys, check out this LINK

I really need to work on my hypnotic voice  :'(  However, I am happy that you are a speed freak, I guess we can go with bad moons as speed freaks. Someday we will have to have a race.  ???

Offline Baron Wastelands

• Loota
  • Orks/Necrons in 6th
« Reply #55 on: February 5, 2012, 04:11:30 PM »
Burnas it is then, will try and get the unit done this week; made a start today, but mostly got the battlewagon done, and had a couple of hours sorting my models. Have too many projects to do!
Anyway, the battlewagon: it has an easily removable big gun, as I usually run it open topped with minimal stuff, just to carry the burnas (and KFF big mek with skorcha) safely.

The grot rigger in the back is fixing a bike-wheel; when I modelled it, I saw it as a mobile workshop for my Big Mek.

Offline zachay2000

• Ork Boy
  • If we don't end WAAGH, WAAGH will end us!
« Reply #56 on: February 5, 2012, 06:37:44 PM »
very nice job, i'm still working on my battlewagons but haven't put that much time into modelling them (my trukks are going to be my new center piece projects).
Check out the Two Headed Geek channel on Youtube! TwoheadedGeek's channel - YouTube *Latest Video= Army Update*

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
« Reply #57 on: February 9, 2012, 04:41:26 PM »
That looted Rhino is very very nice indeed. So nice it might get looted again  ;)
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2012, 11:26:43 AM »
Good looking BW there, don't worry about the looted wagon getting looted, but you may want to have a couple extra boys on guard duty for that BW  ;)

Offline Baron Wastelands

• Loota
  • Orks/Necrons in 6th
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2012, 07:04:55 PM »
That looted Rhino is very very nice indeed. So nice it might get looted again  ;)

Heh, feel free :) The metal came out slightly lighter than I intended, but I guess that's ok since it's stripped down alien-tech.

you may want to have a couple extra boys on guard duty for that BW  ;)

After a few nights of furious painting, and no board up to distract me, I can go one better - now have a fully painted squad of burnas to defend it :)

And on duty: