News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000 pts got another list for a small point tourney this Sat...  (Read 2793 times)

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
So here is the list I put together... It's only 1000 points so a lot smaller than I normally field...

Warboss, pk, ha

11 Boyz, pk nob w/bp
-- trukk, ram, wrecking ball

12 Boyz, pk nob w/bp

12 Boyz, pk nob w/bp

3 MANZ, 3 x kill saws

3 MANZ, 3 x kill saws

1 Green Baron, buzz saw, rokkit

This comes out to 999 points on the nose. The basic premise of the list is to drive real fast at the bad guys, jump out of the trukks, and wreck some face... I find straight forward plans with orks do well...

Some of the kunning things are the green baron lurking in the back field causing disruption and hopefully krumping some armor...  The two units of MANZ will take care of any high value armor, though I don't expect to see any AV 14 in a 1000 point game, but you never know... Plus, they can wreck face in combat as well, supporting the boyz...

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
Re: 1000 pts got another list for a small point tourney this Sat...
« Reply #1 on: January 9, 2017, 06:52:32 PM »
I really like the list. I love the wrecking balls! Helps pop those transports to allow your passengers to assault the squishy insides. Five might be overkill though.

Green baron is a must, especially at that points level. If you can save some points somewhere a second baron would be stellar.

I run my MANz with combi scorchas instead typically. Really helps with crowd control and stops them from being tarpitted, but it really depends on your meta.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2017, 07:30:57 PM by dog_of_war »

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #2 on: January 9, 2017, 08:27:12 PM »
Thanks for the response... I got a little shy of kombi skorcha's when I once lined up an assault on some genestealers and accidentally killed so many that instead of charging, I got charged and wiped out... :)

I do like skorchas, but wanted to try the killsaws for the added attack and the armor krushing ability... I'll let you know how they do!

I agree about the second baron... I'd love to run one, but not sure where to pull points at this point level... I could drop a MANZ unit, but I'm an old ork and well... Why bring one unit of krump'n stuff when two is probably twice as gud! :)

Adam

Edit: So I took your advice and decide to arm one MANZ unit with kombi-skorchas... I also added a kimbi-skorcha to my boss and dropped his heavy armor... He's more squishy but the 4+ was not probably gonna save him from much anyhow... I also added a boss pole to my two MANZ squads just in case...

My thinking is that I have a lot of horde control since I can light up some units if I get pairs with someone with some big, 4+ or higher blobs...
« Last Edit: January 9, 2017, 08:48:49 PM by adamscurr »

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #3 on: January 9, 2017, 08:55:39 PM »
You might be able to find a few points if you drop the wrecking balls from the MANz trucks and switch the warboss to a big choppa. With his higher strength he should be able to take out most opponents and you can use him in a challenge to take out powerfist wielding characters before they hit back. You have a lot of powerklaws/killsaws already, so you won't be missing anything. Couple more points and that's another green baron.

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #4 on: January 9, 2017, 11:13:42 PM »
I played around with the list a little and came up with a variant list...

Warboss, HA, PK

11 Boyz, pk nob w/bp

12 Boyz, pk nob w/bp

12 Boyz, pk nob w/bp

3 MANZ, 3 x kill saws

1 Dakka Jet extra SS

This list gives me a flyer, which is always fun... Also adds the extra green baron, though looses a MANZ squad... What's your thoughts?

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 07:05:30 AM »
Very nice. The issue with the MANz unit is that they are prone to taking LD tests, being so small, and it's a shame to lose the whole unit to a morale test. Having two units had a greater chance of this occurring. I'd stick with this. Having a flyer at 1000 points is wicked evil, but orks need all the help they can get, so stick it to those oomies and pointy ears.

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 08:00:17 AM »
So a rules clarification on the wrecking balls... At what phase do I attack with them? It says melee, so what initiative? Also, if it is melee, but has a range of 3 inches, that would seem to indicate I don't need base contact to use the weapon?

I ask because an old trick Skeet used to use with them was to pound dreads and such without them getting a return attack because they were technically out of melee range since the wrecking ball had a three inch range and the dread had to make base contact to attack in melee... :)

Adam

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 08:30:17 AM »
I don't have the codex in front of me at this moment, but I believe they are used during the shooting phase, as opposed to the assault phase. As they have a shooting profile, you can pop the transport in the shooting phase and then assault with your passengers in the next phase. I think in the last codex it was used in the assault phase.

Offline Roboknee77

• Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Orks, Sisters
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 09:18:51 AM »
That looks like a fun list.  Your opponent is going to have to decide what he wants to attack him because I doubt he'll be able to blunt all of those trukks before they slam into him.  I may have to steal this list some time.

If you wanted to keep your first list pretty intact you could drop the Boss nob and extra power klaw from the boyz squad that your Warboss is joining.  That would free up 35 points.  Drop a killsaw from each Manz squad for another 20 points and you'd have a second green baron.

Also, don't forget the Trukk can swap it's big shoota for a rokkit launcher.  You might get a lucky shot that could blow something up.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 11:45:05 AM »
This reply is probably too late, but I will add it anyway. ???

I like the list, it is fast enough. Again the MaNs unit is not my cup of tea, but it seems to work for you.

To answer your question, the wrecking ball is assault so you get to use it in the shooting phase, keeps pesky dreads honest.  ;)

Hopefully you had a good mini tourney, let us know how you did.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 12:03:45 PM »
The tourney is this Saturday, so input is not too late...  Good to know about the wrecking ball... Should be a good time! :)

Robo, that's a good point about the first list, I could include a second baron and the second MANZ unit...  Hmmm... Time to consider... I'd loose the Plane though, which would be fun, but a bit cheeky probably at 1k.... :)

I'll play around with the points and see...

Adam

Edit: Played around with the points and came up with this... Hit 1k on the nose... Al trukks have rokkits too btw, might as well....

1 WB, PK, BP

11 boyz, Trukk, Ram, WB

12 boyz, pk nob w/bp, Trukk, Ram, WB

12 boyz, pk nob w/bp, Trukk, Ram, WB

3 MANZ, 3 x kill saws, BP, Trukk, Ram, WB

3 MANZ, 3 x kombi-skorcha, BP, Trukk, Ram, WB

1 Green Baron

1 Green Baron

I don't have any real anti-air with this list but should be fun unless I go up against a lot of flyers, which would be pretty cheeky at any point level IMO... :)

Adam
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 12:11:02 PM by adamscurr »