News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: What is a Demiurg? New race in 40k?  (Read 1663 times)

Offline DorianGray

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
What is a Demiurg? New race in 40k?
« on: November 27, 2009, 07:24:12 PM »
Going back to BFG I noticed on the Forge World page that there were ships for this race called the Demiurg and on Port Maw BFG forums they are apparently kick-ass in firepower just really slow.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/stronghold.htm

I got this from Port Maw:

" The Demiurg are a race of nomadic and somewhat reclusive beings observed primarily, if rarely, on the far eastern Fringes of the Galaxy. Whilst their ships are a common sight among the stellar atmospheres of deep-core stars of the Galactic bulge, and frequent denizens of the most bizarre
celestial phenomena, actual contact with the Demiurg is rare. From their majestic starships the Demiurg live out their solitary existence. Each vessel is known to be home to thousands of constructs and drones of the Demiurg, but the numbers of the race themselves onboard are scant. A brotherhood or three is the extent of their populations on any one ship, though how many this correlates to is at this point unknown. They are reclusive, often avoiding contact or notice of other species for many centuries and millennia only to majestically emerge from the corona of a star, appear at the edge of a star system, or slowly and methodically work their way out of the uncharted depths of dense asteroid belts and dust clouds where they reside, often unseen, for the passing of aeons. "

I remember in the BIG RED BOOK on page 119 they mentioned a whole bunch of 'younger races' like the Draxian Hegemony, Worldweave of the Noisome Reek, Church of Dracolith, and Ulumeathic League.

Who are these guys? Won't it be cool for GW to add one or more of them to the Tabletop game?

Offline Gerald_Tremblay

Re: What is a Demiurg? New race in 40k?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 07:40:50 PM »
They are a race of space faring dwarf-like being that are part of the Tau empire where they work as explorers IIRC. They are mostly an attempt to reintroduce the concept of space dwarf that have disappeared since the squats. I think they've been created during the 4th ed (but I couldn't swear that).

They were rumours that they would be a new 40k army something like 6 months ago, but it was not very credible and we indeed never heard of it again. But they do look cool though.
“There are no atheism in foxholes” isn’t an argument against atheism, it’s an argument against foxholes.  – James Morrow

Quote from: Mr.Peanut about gambling
How your blood burns each time the Arrow Game dealer returns to each Zelda game, taking rupees in exchange for LIES!

Quote from: jawmonkey about rulelawying
This is why no Imperial force is complete without the addition of full-sized brass knuckles.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 07:42:36 PM »
They are some sort of a revision on the old  Squat-concept (see the Lost and Damned-board for more info) and are rumored to be tied in with the Tau Empire. However, apart from BFG they have not made much of an appearance other than in rumors so far.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline DorianGray

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 07:49:48 PM »
Space Dwarves? in the BFG it said they had Tentacles and looked barely humanoid.

Also they are supposed to be incredibly ancient even before the Imperium itself which explain why their ships are so powerful.

How the hell does this sound like the squats?

Btw what about the other races like Draxians etc

Offline Gerald_Tremblay

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 10:37:39 PM »
Here is the actual concept art by Jes Goodwin of what is a Demiurg:

About the other races, if we're talking about the same page in the BRB,only the necron and the kroot made it to the official rules. The hrud have some background and are heard from time to time in sources, but they are never described. The other never made it outside that book as long as I know.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 10:41:26 PM by Gerald_Tremblay »
“There are no atheism in foxholes” isn’t an argument against atheism, it’s an argument against foxholes.  – James Morrow

Quote from: Mr.Peanut about gambling
How your blood burns each time the Arrow Game dealer returns to each Zelda game, taking rupees in exchange for LIES!

Quote from: jawmonkey about rulelawying
This is why no Imperial force is complete without the addition of full-sized brass knuckles.