News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: KoN Campaign. Week 2 Orks vs Tau 1850 pts (sector 3)  (Read 2057 times)

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
KoN Campaign. Week 2 Orks vs Tau 1850 pts (sector 3)
« on: October 12, 2010, 03:26:37 PM »

The orks hearing about all the treachery and deciving and stinking orks turning sides and squabbling amoungst themselves decide to stay in the outter ring.   While traveling though a loud clank and thunk...  and boss... I's think we's loss somphin.     Parts of the orks ship crashes down to the surface of the planet near a small outpost.  The orks land and go to recover the fallen parts from their ship.

Orks
Big Mek w / KFF (with 30 slugga boyz)
Mad Dok (w/ Ard boyz)

10x Lootas
11x Kommandos w/ snikrot and 2 burnas

Deff Kopta w/ rokkits, buzzsaw

30x slugga boyz, Nob w/ PK, BP
22x ard boyz, Nob w/ PK, BP
20x Shoota boyz, Nob w/ PK, BP and 2 Big Shootas
10x Gretchin with runtherd
Deff Dread w/ big shoota, skorcha, grot riggas

Deff Dread w/ Big shoota, skorcha, grot riggas
3x Rokkit Kans
3x Grotzooka Kans

Tau
Commander w / fragburst thing, missile pods, multitracker, 2x crisis suits w/ MP / fusion blaster multitracker w/ shield drone / marker drone

6x stealth suits 1x fusion blaster, marker drone
3x crisis suits plasma rifle, missle pods, marker drone, multi trackers

12x fire warriors w/ photon gernades, marker drone
11x fire warriors w/ photon gernades, marker drone
11x fire warriors w/ photon gernades, marker drone, Devilfish

2x sniper teams w/ 3 sniper drones each
broadside w/ 2 shield drones
Railhead w/ smart missles

Mission:  Sieze Ground (4 objectives)
Deployment:  spearhead

The orks move in to find their old enemies trying to seek revenge against them for their other battle.  This time running a lot lighter of a force but a lot more accurate.  My opponent, Janner, fields a variant of his list for this grudge match.  Focusing more on a solid special opp kinda army. 

Janner Wins the roll off and choses the corner with a large hill and ruins.  This leaves me in the corner with the large forest. 

Orks fail to sieze the initiative.  The stealth team inflitrates near the ruins in the north east quadrant.  My deff dread turbo boosts to try to get close to the hammerhead (not the best Idea i ever had, I should have reserved it)

Turn 1
Stealth suits and crisis suits move to get a shot off at the lootas. 

Tau shooting drops 3 lootas, grot kans get 1x can't shoot, deff kopta gets shot down, and 5 slugga boyz get dropped.  Tau suits jump back into cover.

Orks move forward.  Maddok has to move toward closest unit with is the Stealth suits.  Bone brain move #2 lootas try to shoot at stealth suits and i forget about their field generators...  can't shoot.  Rokkit kans shoot at devilfish but its disruption pods fail to damage.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 04:00:21 PM by angel of death 007 »

• Lazerous Penguin
Re: KoN Campaign. Week 2 Orks vs Tau 1850 pts (sector 3)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 04:56:59 PM »
Turn 2

Tau I believe only the command squad kinda moves up a bit.  Everything else seems to stay still. 
Steath, crisis suits target ard boyz killing 6.  I loose a grot kan from the command squad.  My shoota boyz that are near the 2nd objective get shot at (Here is officially bone head move #3 I do not go to ground).  I loose 11 shoota boyz to mass shooting (again not sure what i was thinking here).  My dread gets immoblised from a blast from the rail gun I believe. 

orks all advance still nothing close to assault.  Bone head move #4 I advance the shoota boyz out of the woods to try and shoot the firewarriors off the objective.  I kill 3 but leave my 9 lonely shoota boyz now in the open and the second objective on my side open...  (again very bone head). 

Turn 3

Seeing the boyz getting closer the tau start to move a bit..  The squad on the objective gets into their devilfish to try to weather the storm that is coming. 

Tau shooting kills 4 ard boyz on the one side.  They kill 11 slugga boyz advancing in the center.  One of the grot kans looses a DCCW in shooting.

Orks
Kommandos and snikrot come in.  The come in the center by the fire warriors in the trees.  at this point everything is bottle necked up as the stealth suits, crisis suits and fire warriors are all in the forest with the ard boyz on one side and the kommandos now coming in on the other.  They are caught in the trap.  With the grot zooka kans moving down to engage them and contest the tau objective near the building.  The far dread advances to the front of the devilfish on the 2nd objective.  The slugga boyz advance up the center to help engage the fire warriors and command squad.

Shooting I declare a WAAAAGH>>>>>  shooting sees the rokkit kans immobilise the devilfish, snikrot and commandos opt to use the flamers to put some hurt down on a the crisis team and stealth team that are all bunched up nicely.  puting 15 hits on the two squads.  grot riggas repair immobilized dread in center. Grot zooka kill 4 firewarriors in the trees.

assault gets fast and quick. 
Kommandos assault crisis suits wiping them out.  Ard boyz multicharge fire warriors and stealth team while the grot kans assault the fire warriors as well.  both squads are cut down.  Slugga boyz in the center hit into the fire warriors wiping the squad.  The deff dread moves to engage the devilfish blowing it sky high and taking 4 fire warriors with it.  The 3 fire warriors flee. 

Turn 4

I loose my shoota boyz to shooting and a dread CC weapon from the deff dread.

My 6 boyz with the Big Mek Kff get blasted up then assaulted.  They loose the assault and get killed.

Kans kill the remaining fire warriors.  The dreff dread charges and kills the command squad. 

With only the rail head, 1 partial sniper team, a full sniper team, and a broadside.  No objectives contested.  With me contesting two and holding one, My opponent concedes. 

A well played game.  After speaking with Janner he is trying to find a way to speed bump me a bit.  Though he did get a lot more shooting and effective shooting this game.  The marker drones made for a lot more hits so he thought they were worth the purchase.  I still think that a faster version of tau might be more effective with fish o fury. 

I will say I definately did some bone brain things.  Not sure what I was thinking at times.  I knew I wanted to dedicate the grots to objective holding but I can't figure out for the life of me why i didn't do the same with the shoota boyz on my second objective.  It was a very good game and a few times I definately asked myself what I was doing.  Not what you want to do in a match.  Some games I can say I play well and this was not my best.  My deployment and the location of the objectives is all that saved me.  If he would have put both his objectives far away from each other and in the farthest part of the boards.. sent his crisis suits and devilfish troops to the one objective and left everything else on the other and just focused on holding them.  I think he might have won with as many mistakes as I made.

Another win for the orks in the campaign.   Sorry for the lack of pics but I forgot my camera and kicked myself the whole time after that.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 08:37:16 AM »
Great job, Tau are my favorite ally, but once in a while you have to give them a good krumpin so they remember to pay you well, as you can do the job of the kroot only a whole lot better.

No need to make excuses for the camera, I know that your "she who must be obeyed" wouldn't let you use it, and you couldn't sneak it past her when you were going to the game. I understand, what you have to do is preposition it the night before so that you can put it in your book bag and she will never know you borrowed the camera.
I know that is what I have to do, doesn't everybody?  :o

A good win for the orks, this should tie up the contest. Keep up the good work,
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 01:19:04 AM »
Great job, Tau are my favorite ally, but once in a while you have to give them a good krumpin so they remember to pay you well, as you can do the job of the kroot only a whole lot better.

No need to make excuses for the camera, I know that your "she who must be obeyed" wouldn't let you use it, and you couldn't sneak it past her when you were going to the game. I understand, what you have to do is preposition it the night before so that you can put it in your book bag and she will never know you borrowed the camera.
I know that is what I have to do, doesn't everybody?  :o

well i am lucky enough to have my own camera.  And I even took hers to Vegas the past week cuz mine is a bit big to carry around.  I got my camera and will be playing a game later today.  I dunno if my opponent, Janner will be bringing his Tau army or not but I think he wants to use one of his space marine armies this next time.

Good luck to you in the campaign I know you have been up there with your points.