News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: How many Sup. Weapons can I have in a Vauls Wrath Support Battery in Battlehost  (Read 1635 times)

Offline jjakaalbinoboy

• albinomedia
  • Armies: Eldar & Imperial Guard
How many Support Weapons can I have in a Vaul's Wrath Support Battery in a Guardian Battlehost?

Ok so I sense this might be going over something already discussed at length and I've read two other threads relating to the Canoptek Spyder but I feel they are different arguments.

I'm taking a Craftworld Warhost which has a Guardian Battlehost. The formation RAW state that it must contain 1 "Farseer", 3 'units' of "Guardian Defenders", 1 "Vyper Squadron", 1 'unit' of "War Walkers", 1 "Vaul's Wrath Support Battery" and 0-1 "Warlock Conclave".

This, I take to mean, I can take literally 1 Farseer (datasheet only allows 1), 3 units of Guardian Defenders, 1 Vyper Squadron (datasheet says I can have 1-6 Vypers), 1 unit of War Walkers (datasheet says I can have 1-3 War Walkers) and 1 Vaul's Wrath Support Battery (datasheet says I can have 1-3 support weapons as part of one 'battery').

Word "Squadron" refers to a singular entity like a "team" or a "unit". Each of these can have multiple members. "units" is used before Guardian Defenders and War Walkers because the datasheet and unit name are a plural anyway. Farseer and Vaul's Wrath Support Battery are both singular entities anyway so do not require the 'unit'. Each of these may still contain multiple members. It's an English language question, not a rules question really.

Does anyone disagree with my assessment above? If so, can you provide a rule or FAQ that states otherwise?
JJ - WH40K: Eldar & Imperial Guard - WHFB: Warriors of Chaos - BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar

"After all, I don't play to win, I play to die in the name of the Emperor." Chris Peach

Gaming @ Redditch Wargaming Society - Redditch, Worcestershire, UK

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
By definition the word battery in relation to artillery means a unit of guns, plural. So by the same definition for squadron as a unit of vehicles, plural, it means the same thing. You can take 1 to 3 guns in the battery, that account as a single unit.