News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Need help by tomorrow (sorry for short notice) cresting 1000 and 1500 point list  (Read 2490 times)

Offline Patrick Bateman

• I have to return some videotapes.
First, it's been a while since I've played and it seems like a lot has changed. And I came back to my favorite forum for help. I need help creating a list that can compete against dork angels with possible grey knight attachment. The DA player will have several black knight bikes. I honestly have no idea where to start.

But these are the units I have...

1x lord (not sure to use special character or have war gear on lord)
1x destroyer lord

10x warriors
5x immortals gauss
5x immortals gauss

3x tomb blades (not sure how to outfit them)
1x triarch stalker
3x wraith

1x spyder
6x scarab

***2x annihilation barges***
I can either give 1 command barge to a lord and have 1 anhilation barge or 2x anhilation barges

So those are the models I currently have. I am going to bowie store tomorrow to pick what else to get and I'm not entirely sure how to make this list competitive against dork angels and especially 8x black knight bikers. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Some said buy a special character but didn't specify. Some said I needed heavy firepower while others said overwhelm with large amounts of warriors. So I was just wondering if there are optimal lists against dork angels specifically at the 1000 to 1500 point range.

Thanks in advance. Have a great day.

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
I'd strongly suggest completing the requirements for a Decurion.

From there, you've got a Canoptek Harvest formation, and you're a Doomsday Cannon away from an Annihilation formation.

You can fit that quite nicely, inside 1500 points, with a handful of points to spare, to bulk out units or dork about with other things.

The critical element, would be to find a way to get Ignores Cover. I can't think of anything that Necrons have that can do that, other than close combat. So an idea would be to enjoy the Relentless nature of your infantry, and attempt to close the distance and engage in assault. You're tough enough and cheap enough [model wise] to outpace damage production. It will also help to keep you from being mauled by Plasma.