News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Transporting Necrons  (Read 2894 times)

Offline Veritas

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Transporting Necrons
« on: August 26, 2014, 03:46:52 PM »
Evening all (or whatever time it is when you come across this).

First time poster here, and apologies if this is in the wrong forum, but I wanted the advice of experienced Necron players in particular.  I rarely get to a LGS to game - my opponents and I play at various of our homes, but last week I went to a nice little store, and had to carry 3 cases to transport my 2000 point list.  When I got there, my Monolith had crumbled into the dust of ages, my Triarch Stalker had a little less, er, stalk, and my CCB was in need of an ECG.  Not to mention that I have a Tesseract Vault I'm mid-build on, and can't think of a single safe way to get it to a game.

Basically, what do you use to transport your army?  The awkward shapes of a lot of our models dont allow GW cases to be practical (the Monolith is too deep in any dimension for the standard boxes, and requires one of the "monster" deep boxes per model), and I don't want to double the cost of the army on a £300 bag.

Thanks in advance, and again, sorry if in the wrong place!

V

Offline Rampart

Re: Transporting Necrons
« Reply #1 on: September 6, 2014, 04:12:32 PM »
I use a cardboard file box. Tall and wide enough to fit three monoliths comfortably with some space left over for my Triach stalker. I put some bubblewrap in to provide some cushioning.