News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Any real changes to us in 7th?  (Read 2548 times)

Offline Rampart

Any real changes to us in 7th?
« on: May 31, 2014, 12:04:00 PM »
I know we can't post specifics, but is there anything that's really changed for us in 7th? All I hear is the moaning about psychic powers and the new psychic phase. Something Necrons don't really care about.

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
Re: Any real changes to us in 7th?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 12:21:57 PM »
Jink saves changed, which I think should effect a lot of Necron vehicles. Other than that...hmmm...I don't think much. There's some stuff that has changed things for everybody in general, but nothing specifically Necron good or bad that springs to mind.

Offline Kaiju Senso

• Necrontyr Warrior
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Necrons, Guard, Tau, Marines
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 08:40:16 PM »
The changes to Chariots is pretty big in my opinion. There is even a sentence using Necrons as an example for using Reanimation Protocols for the rider of a chariot. Never being able to disembark, not gaining an armor save bonus, overall the rules work better for a melee oriented attack using the Necron special sweep attacks and gives more of a reason to remove wounds from the Overlord instead of taking vehicle damage. *edit- was this FAQ'ed out then? What a bummer, but probably moot because the Chariot's owner gets to allocate wounds between the vehicle and the rider*

I'm still piecing my way through the rule book checking up on Necron specific stuff but so far this is really the only change that effects my play style so far. I might need to fork over the extra points to give this Overlord a Sempiternal Weave now.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 09:00:47 PM by Kaiju Senso »

Offline GaleRazorwind

• Hormagaunt
  • Ziltoid Lives!
  • Armies: Nids, BA, CSM
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 10:21:08 PM »
Speaking as someone who is a Daemons player and having been beaten worse than I usually am by a particular Necron player, nothing has really changed that you have to worry about, aside from the FAQ changes to how far you can move a Nightscythe and still deploy.
Ziltoid is so omniscient, if there were to be two omnisciences, he would be both!