News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Necron Forum Rules, Guidelines, and Links to Articles (READ THIS THREAD)  (Read 7412 times)

Offline Samdan

• Cowboy, baby!
  • Ancient
  • Head... hurts... OH GOD! THE IDIOCY!
Alright, for those of you who don't know me, I'm Samdan, your friendly neighborhood Moderator for your Necron board.  I will cut you.  I wrote me one of them 4th ed. FAQs a while back, and it isn't 4th ed. anymore, so why not update a little, eh?  In addition, nobody was reading through the old thread in order to hopefully get a question cleared up, so we might as well get a good start.

On to the rules...

1) Speak English.  I only really understand English, so if you post something in Dutch you might be trying to start the 4th Reich and I'd never know to stop you.  I pride myself on being the only thing standing between the free world and the 4th Reich manifesting and considering what the 1st-3rd Reichs did, you can be assured that the 4th Reich needs to be preemptively stopped.

2) Obey ALL standard forum rules.  I know most people don't read them, so here's the link: THAR BE RULES HERE!  As a staff member, I had to spend months watching people who weren't me debate what new rules should be official and what old rules had to go.  It was annoying because Mr. Peanut kept bugging me to check out the thread with staff suggestions, and I had to keep coming up with excuses to not look at the thread.  I have no more Aunts to kill thanks to that last round of rules, so if you don't follow the rules then I killed my three Aunts for nothing.

3) Ignorance of the rules is no excuse.  At most it means that I set you on the right path like a bad little kitty who went boo boo on the floor.  Next time I spray you with a water bottle until you cower in the corner.  After that...  Well lets just say I don't have any cats anymore...

4) Be nice and have fun!  I won't be, so be extra nice for me.

Useful Links:

6th Edition Necron Codex Errata
:
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2570047a_Necrons_v1.1.pdf

Now taking suggestions for further useful links via PM or posting in this thread.

Remember:  We aren't the best players in the game because we play Necrons.  We're the best players in the game because everybody else DOESN'T play Necrons.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 10:01:38 PM by Kaiju Senso »
Quote from: Barr'El O'Rum
You'd be a good man Lom, if it weren't for the dead kittens and shrunken heads of the elderly that you keep in the glovebox of your car.

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
Re: NEW Revised Necron Forum Rules and Useful Links (READ THIS THREAD)
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 08:00:42 PM »
Posting Articles:
If you've got something you'd like to contribute to the forum community at large contact Irisado, Algavinn or myself via PM. We'll help you get it done.

If you see something that we might want to keep available cause it's an awesome discussion, let me know, and I'll link it into this thread in the next post below - also where you can access the articles we had during the pre-2011 codex, which still might inspire you tactically even though units have changed and been added to the Necron army.

A little about posting army lists:

Feedback-
Keep in mind that the more effort you put into your army list, the more constructive feedback you'll receive. Sometimes more constructive feedback means no feedback at all; this often happens when people can't think of anything wrong with a particular army list and everything that's done right needs no comment.

What to include-
If you do yourself and others the favor of at least mentioning whether your list is for competitive play or for fun [or both, or neither], this goes miles to ensuring feedback received is what you're looking for.

If you add a bit about your tactics people can catch you if your off-base, or benefit from your brilliant new tactical insight.

If you add a bit about what models you have available, and whether or not you can buy more, this will keep people from telling you to purchase 30 Immortals when you're a stay-at-home dad.

All in all, army lists written as a laundry list aren't that interesting to read and are easily misinterpreted, while those that read like a novel may turn the casual forum reader off and generate little feedback because it's too much to wade through. Keep all your info useful and to the point, and these simple guidelines in mind,  and you'll get the best feedback available.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 09:52:25 AM by Gutstikk »

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 09:47:13 AM by Gutstikk »