News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Grizzly's Xenos, Mechs and Pointy ears !  (Read 30165 times)

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
Re: The grizzly's Eldar, Arvandor Craftworld,
« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2018, 12:49:44 PM »
Good evening ladies and gentleman, welcome to the Grizzly's talk show. It's the first installement in a long time and opfully one of many to come where the grizzly is trying to come back to life, trying to come back to the hobby.

Rescently there has been plenty of good thing hapening that might actually enable me to keep going and avoid having myself growing tired of the hobby in no time. The various happening being my job stabalising for a while, finding a club to play, finding people with beautyfully painted army lighting up my fighting spirit etc :D.

So as a short coming info here is a small uptade :D

Have some pictures aswell:

Here is something I started working on, because I told my best friend who never paint I would paint him a full genstealer squad, never regreted saygin something more than that >< IT TAKES FOREVER for me to evne get into the mood to do it so you can imagine my progress isn't really an exemple of speed.

Next is a picture of a game I played yesterday in the club I found, we didn't finish it. It was a mess of a play because we had planned to play 1v1 1500pts but it ended up being a 3v2 4500pts, and me being in the team of two because the other guy and myself where the only guy that had the model at hand to go up in points. The army were, imperial fist + custodes (god are those thing tanky) + nécrons (GOD are those thing deadly in shooting!) vs a flavor of space marine I can't recall + my self with my trusty eldars :D I can kinda give you the list if you are intrested but it was a game for the fun, therefore expect for the necron guy wich had a death bally kind of thing with the destroyers, it was mostly soft list. The highlight of the game was the nécron guy (him again) destroying a land raider, wich in the following explosion (we forgot to command point that dice), manageed to create a carnage of 41 wounds, across the various units around the explosion, we basicly did not roll lower than 4 for the mortal wound roll per units. It was a greatly entertaining game that's for sure.

Next up is what I'm currently working on. Well with the game just past and fresh from yesterday I decided to spray paint for a base color some things, to facilitate the application of my ever so hard to paint troll slayer orange :D. Oh a base coat of yellow is really good for my fire dragon as well so I gave them some spraying love too. The one not painted or survivor to the paintpocalypse, because I kinda ran out of paint. There is probably something I'm doing worng because the can only lasted me enought for the guy's in the pictures, granted I painted one by one, that's probably where the problem lies.

In the pipe that does not have a picture either is my avatar, I played him in the game yesterday, I have to say he really feels underwelming so far in V8, but it's probably due to a pour match up situation. Terminator captain with storm shield, basicly everything got saved before I could do any damage, and the said captain destroyed me in the following counter attack stripping 6 wounds of that 8 wounds model...

So yaeh I'm back everyone expect somethign things for me now since I expect to play game every so often roughly every week on saturday :D

See you later with some more painting update, the guy's are drying and I have some dish washing to do :D

Ba Bye

Grizzly out !
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2018, 02:17:09 PM »
Fantastic! Welcome back Grizz really missed seeing you around the forums my man. So good to hear you back in the hobby and enjoying yourself. 8th edition is great and has really brought a lot people back to the hobby. Glad you are one of them!

That game sounded crazy! 41 mortal wounds is insane! You'll probably never see it again, but you'll definitley remember that one for a long time.

Also spraying your Eldar yellow to do the orange is a great idea. You could probably even just do a wash or glaze over it (thinking Bloodletter Glaze) to make your life super easy. Should transform the model to a very orangey type color and you could highlight it with Averland Sunset for a quick easy paint job. Just a theory though!

Anyway great stuff Grizz so glad to see you back. Congrats on your job as well. Keep on posting brother and talk soon!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #102 on: April 15, 2018, 10:00:42 PM »
That's an awesome idea for a table layout, a DMZ between two cities so street skirmishs and open battlefield in one game, going to have to do that for a campaign!

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #103 on: April 15, 2018, 10:33:23 PM »
Hooray Grizzly is back! Glad to see you on the boards again. You are a brave man for going orange. I love the colour, but I still have nightmares when I think about busting it out for anything.

I hear you on the genestealers too. I have about 2000 points of my brothers tyranids sitting in my basement unpainted that I just can't seem to get the proper motivation to paint. Maybe seeing you progress with yours will help give me the kick in the ass I need to start.

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #104 on: April 16, 2018, 09:38:55 AM »
Great update Grizzlykin! Monster update in fact!

First off, I think you may be a little bit crazy to offer to paint 20 Genestealers! That's nuts!

Secondly, 41 mortal wounds for a tank blowing up? Holy cow! I hope that the bulk of those were to your enemy!

Thirdly, I'm loving the bravery of Orange Eldar. I wouldn't have the stones to try to pull that off, so I applaud you. As for the amount of spray paint...it does seem like a lot. I would have thought a can would have covered at least double, hopefully triple the number of models you have there. Hopefully the paint hasn't gone on too thick and obscured any detail.

Anyway man, it's great to have you back in the fold. Great work, I look forward to your next update!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2018, 01:22:47 PM »
I'll second the Bloodletter glaze idea. Have to be careful for pooling on the big flat panels of the Wave Serpent, but Bloodletter isn't a strong glaze so should be fine :)
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2018, 06:52:37 PM »
Holy Isha such great support! Wasn't really expecting that with how long I have been away these last few month thanks guy's :D

OK so it's just a small answer type message didn't have time to paint since last update. So let's get to it.

@Cavalier :
Thanks my mate, a pleasure to be back aswell, getting back to it is also a way for me to regulate my sleep schedule, yeah weird reason I know but what ever ^^
Well thanks for the tips about the orange I shall give it a try, if the result fit my taste it might become my main color theme, But the main purpose so far had just been to have a yellow base under my troll slayer rather than a black base which needed some rat skin flesh on top before being even close to remotely approachable with troll slayer, I will see how things develops and of course will keep you all up to date. That said said, that color themes you suggested was planed for my fire dragon actually so I will see how it goes.

@Magenb
Yeah the table was really cool to play on, you don't see it in the pictures, but! There was even a games workshop shop on the table. Just one of the shop with the games workshop sticker above the door but it was great fun to see and a blast to play on (So many sniper nest gotta love those rangers! ><).

@Dog_of_war
Thanks for the warm welcome back, if you could get to paint yours it would be great, it would be great motivation for me aswell. Let's suffer together. Not the best pick up line, I know. And regarding the orange now that I'm head and shoulder in it it's kinda hard to get out of :P Well, I can't say I don't love the final result thought.

@Looshkin
Hey man it as been a while great to see you digging this update :). Regarding the genestealer I did not offer to paint them I took them and said, "I'm gonna paint them". We did that with his brother, I had the choice between 20 Gen or 30 ork... And I already had the right colors for the nids sooo... Now I regret it but since I'm getting back in the hobby it should be great fun to paint one in the middle of my eldars, I might just paint a few tau fire warrior in between as I have decided that after the eldars my next army is going to be tau.
For the mortal wounds... Weeeeeeeeeell nope. Most of those where ours, the enemy score a 3 on the lone unit that got hit, every thing else was on our guys, I rolled four on a squad of ranger and my ally rolled only 5s and 6s... The flyer left with only one wound, the centurions, gone, the apoticary, two of them, gone. It was a butcher's place. Nothing was left, nearly nothing. We were joking with guys about my lone ranger turning around being like "Guys?... What the... Guys, weren't there supposed to be a tank here, wirh friendlys? What the... Happened ? Guys where are you? What is going on? “. Best of all? That lone ranger actually held moral and kept on keeping the objective. Worst of all? The opponent score a 6 for the d3 roll for victory points for destroying at least 3 units in the shooting phase... That won them the game. (stopped in turn two I agree but still they won at that time).
Regarding the paint, it actually is really thin. Nearly not covering some of the guy's. I think the problem came from two things. 1, I sprayed every model one by one by holding them with a gloves by the base. 2 I painted by my window on the first floor on a slightly windy day. So most of the paint was going in the wind rather than on the mini I think. Gotta think of a better setup><.
Glad you are still digging the orange it's a color I really appreciate once it's painted but it's truly a pain to paint ahaha.
I am probably looking forward to the next update as much as you do :D and I'm glad to be back in the fold aswell :)

@Ynneadwraith
Well I shall test it out on smaller unit for now and if it goes well maybe on the serpent we will see, I shall be carefull, worst come to worst I can always repaint over the extra color with some averland sunset.

Well guy's thanks again for the warm welcome back :D Look forward for what's next. And let's have some Eldary fun together :D

The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2018, 04:45:59 PM »
Hey guy's! New update, oh yes concidering my usual hobby update it was a fast one! Now it was a fast one because! You guy's are wizard of painting or something?

I mean that glaze idea? That's just absurde how good it can be! The situation is for hawk I didn't know how to paint them, for avenger either but because I tested the glaze on the fire dragon (and I'm probably going to use the technique on the guardians aswell for fast painting, suddenly, I found my calling for the other units I had been struggling with!

God bless you guy's for the idea. Now I'm talking a lot so here is the result. Do keep in mind the only thing I did, was using the glaze over something. Bloodletter over averlander sunset spray(fire dragon and lone guardian) , then Guilliman blue over white primer(dire avenger) , Guilliman blue over leadbelcher(hawks).

Edit : painted 4 more dudes, since I posted that, so I'm adding a picture :P

And with that, I will see you in the next one :D
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 07:47:17 PM by Grizzlykin »

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #108 on: April 21, 2018, 12:21:42 AM »
I love those Dire Avengers and Fire Dragons, Grizzlykin! I'm curious how you got that highlighted look on the armor, except the recesses (which look great with the glaze wash), everything seems brightened up, but just enough that it looks clean and natural. Very clean look on the orange of the Fire Dragons too, really nice!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 12:32:13 AM by MyenTal »
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #109 on: April 21, 2018, 03:31:24 AM »
There are two things, one the lighting of the shot plus the flash do hight the flat surface a bit more. And the other thing is the glaze in and of itself. The thing I did when painting it was, painting one first really thought coat and before it's completely dried apply a pseudo second pass but focusing on brushing from the lower part to the edges to be sure that more paint stay there, then do a smooth paint on the just the surface with very little paint on the wash brush. I use that paint pass to even out the color on the raised part and avoid pooling, plus that does sometimes take a bit of the paint raising the color back closer to the underlying one.

Glad you dig them Mylan and thanks for the little message :D

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2018, 08:23:18 AM »
That is FANTASTIC Grizz! So glad it worked for you bud. That was just a guess on my part but I'm super glad it worked. It looks GREAT! Wow... the Guilliman blue looks amazing on the Avenger, same for the Hawk. Damn! Fantastic update man. So glad you found a time saving approach and it looks great.

My only advice would to be get a good Wash Brush from GW. I picked up one on a whim, and man what a difference. It really goes a long way... you get a ton of wash on there but it goes on smooth and even. With a smaller brush it tends to really pool in the first place you touch it to the model.

But these look great Grizz. So stoked for you man, because I know how brutal orange is to paint. Great stuff bud, keep it up!

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #111 on: April 22, 2018, 01:20:42 AM »
So glad to see your progress Grizz. I need to pick up a brush myself.

Hands are good now, but with the tattoo shop and working another job too, as well as oil painting and my ratrod drawing, this hobby has suffered a bit from it. However I am about to rectify that, however my pic posting is still neanderthal.

Anyhow, can't wait to see more of your progress.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #112 on: April 23, 2018, 02:46:54 AM »
Wow Grizz! Just a base coat and a glaze wash? Those results are terrific. I particularly like the Dire Avenger and the Fire Dragon. They look naturally shaded and look like you've spent way more time on them than I guess you did.

If I could make a suggestion, I think the Swooping Hawk looks fine, but I'd say that glazing over the Black Undercoat is asking a bit much of the glaze. Maybe the glaze over a grey base would work better? The Adeptus Mechanicus Grey spray is a pretty good colour and might provide an easier base to work with. I have no idea what the end result would be though...it'd be an adventure!

You've achieved some excellent results though Grizz. Pick out some details and these minis will rock. You'll also have painted an Elder army faster than anyone in memory!!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #113 on: April 23, 2018, 12:10:03 PM »
Omg the Grizzly is coming again with a new update 3 time in barely more than a week what the hell is going on here!

Yep small update of hobby for you guy's because I was exited about it. On Sunday when I got back home I sat at my desk and started on working on the Da arms then the modeling of the reaper and the ranger was done a few days prior. I was really surprised. I got to work at 7 pm and only checked the time again at 10! Getting so focused on something did not happened since a while back. I went to bed soon after really existed by the progress and wanting nothing more than to lose myself in this more later.

So! For my latest hobby progress : 3 things.

First, priming the arm of the da exarh in black, because that the only primer I have applicable by hand and I do intend to keep the arms a different color. For the exarch for sure and I will see later if I do the same for the squad. And I have yet to figure out what color I'm going to use for that, so if you have any idea please go right ahead.

Next is the reaper. I had been thinking about doing some modeling to have an exarch for a while and I finally took the time to try it out. It defenetly was a blast and a really interesting endeavor. Fitting the aeldary missile launcher was hard but interesting, simpler than expected also, and finding small pieces to modify the helmet was challenging but rewarding. Hopefully now I can figure out a cool painting scheme for these guy's.

Last but not least fuegan orange wash for the ranger. But I don't know if It's gonna stay like that. For one reason. My basing color is Grey so having the rangers cape not Grey will really fell weird. So it's still up in the air for that one.

Answer time!

@Cavalier :
Hey buddy, it's defenetly a big thanks to you, you knocked it out of the parc with that one ! No matter how lucky that is you still got the Home run in yourself. Regarding the wash brush this is precisely what I'm using but it take a bit of finess to get the result I whish for. So I'm gonna be conservative for now ^^

Really glad you dig the guy's I have been struggling with these 2 groups of guy's not knowing how to paint them and I'm happy you like them since you are responsible by the technique choice of today's result.

@Dread!
DREAAAAAAAD!!! So glad to see you here! And even glader to ear that your hands are better! Thanks for the praise and look forward to me barreling in like a bullet! I have so many things to work on :D And for once i' mais actually pumped to do so! I will await you coming back with some things of your own, I always liked your style. :D

@Looshkin
Hey very nice of you to be dropping here :D Let me test you then how long do you think I spent on the 5 Da and the 6 dragon + 3 hawks?
Regarding the swooping hawks suggestion, they are not straight on black. It's glaze over leadbleatcher. The pictures are really not the best represention of these guy's. They give have really cool metallic shine coming from under the blue and they look fantastic IRL(imo). No idea what color I'm gonna paint the wing now, but I'm starting to think copper could be cool. And the moment I say that I start to thing it's not a god idea. Maybe leave them black? That's an option aswell... Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaa I don't know!

Well guy's here you go early update of the week. Hope you liked it, will try to refrain from posting every single little things for the week, may beeee...? We will see.

Oh and I ordered a tau codex. So expect some one day not to far from now (might actually be month though I don't know).

See ya later :P

Grizzly out!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 12:31:16 PM by Grizzlykin »

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #114 on: April 25, 2018, 01:51:25 PM »
Hey guy's the Grizzly again, pretty short one, this was the worst hobby day of my life, spoiled my guilliman blue twice in the short time frame of 5min, I'm left with barely a third of the pot. Kinda frustrated.

BUT! on the bright side, I have finish all the said blue on the dire avengers.

Be aware that my goal is to get them table ready. So there is plenty of beslubber up in there but. I will do them properly again later :)

Small test aswell on the fire dragon here. I really like the helmet color here. So I'm gonna stick with that.

I bought, from a guy at my local club, some extra avengers and banshee, so this is expected to be coming into painting... Nowhere near now :P

Also, if the weather is bad on sturdy I'm gonna play a game, so expect a bat repos maybe? If I have the motivation to write one.

Well that's is for the quick web way info.

Grizzly out.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #115 on: April 25, 2018, 02:52:41 PM »
Awesome stuff Grizz. Really chugging through the painting duties. Getting your stuff tabletop is a huge step, so good luck getting there bud, I know its not easy. But its a great feeling when its done.

That Guilliman Blue glaze is just doing work. I love it. The Dragon looks awesome as well. Keep it up Grizz you'll get these guys tabletop in no time!

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #116 on: April 29, 2018, 04:12:30 PM »
Good evening ladies and gentleman !

Welcome to Grizz tacitics and painting. In tonight's episode you will be learning about the special technique of horendous dice roll and poor tactic choice aswell as getting a pick into the last unit in painting, the dire avengers of the burning and temple.

This is youe captain speaking, welcome onboard and enjoy the ride.

(oh this methapore and random non sense, I defently am a master at wasting time.

First, @Cavalier Hey cav really nice of you to drop by :D  small message of encouragement always motivate me to keep going with the porject.
Keep it up Grizz you'll get these guys tabletop in no time!

Honestly regarding that information I would not bet on it too much >< I'm spending more time painting the helmets of each guy's from the DA squad than it took me to pain the whole rest of the mini lol.

Ok so now, let's get into the meat of the subject.

Game!
As I said the other day, I found a club to be playing relativly regulary. This saturday I went to play a game aswell.  The original assumption was 1000-1500 or 2000 pts. Once on site we where five guy's, so we decided on 2 games one of 1500 1v1 and one of 2000 2v1.  I found myself in the position of the solo player in the 2000 points. The 1500 game one was necron vs Tau. God are the tau painted nicely, I need to get you a picture of this guy's army he is a monster in painting.
And on the other side being the only xenos of the 3 guy left, It was me vs a special personnal chapter running salamander and some pseudo white scars. The both of them were running a battalion each, And I had a 2000pts bieltan style really fluffy list (kinda fluffy).

My list was

One battalion + one super heavy detachement

1 Autarch with warp jump gen + power sword + fusion gun mandiblaster (Warlord-fate's messenger)
1 Farseer with singing spear, guide, doom, I gave him the faolschu wing but completly forgot he had them.

1 DA squad -- 4 DA - 1 Exarch double avenger shuricat
1 DA squad -- 9 DA - 1 Exarch Power glaive and shimershield
1 Ranger squad -- 6 of them

1 FD Squad 5 FD 1 Exarch Fire Pike
1 Banshee Squad 9 Banshee 1 Exarch Executioner

1 Hawks squad -- 5 hawks - 1 Exarch Hawk's Talon
2 Warp Spider squad -- 4 Spyder - 1 Exarch dual Death Spinners - powerblades

1 Dark Reaper squad, -- 2 DR - 1 Exarch Aeldary Missile Launcher
1 Wraithlord -- 2 Bright-lance - 2 shuricat

1 Wave Serpent -- 2 Bright-lance - 1 shurican - Vectored engine - spirit stone

1 Wraithknight 2 Heavy Wraithcanon

This list, I'm probably going to try to run again, or a flavor of it because it could have done a good job, but I made a TON of strategic mistakes.
Plenty of worng moves right and left plenty of dangerous moves, one thing I learned, and we discussed with my oppponents post game, BANSHEE really need support.  on there own they are pretty much non efficient.  A 10  man squad of banshee, granted we played with the new FAQ rule so all of them could not charge because of how small the terain piece was, could not kill a unit of scout... This was massively frustrating.
Avengers, they are could for counter charge, ONLY if they are still alive. I'm strating to think to make the best out of them, fire and fade needs to be used.
I made one crucial mistake at one point where I put my DA behind my serpent, they could not see the target anymore, so they could not shoot. plenty of small things like this.
Tempest shield when your oppponnent have luck with dice Is a pure nightmare. I invested my third and half my second turn trying to a character to have nearly everything single one of my very few rolls get denied by the armor. The only dammage their commander took. In all the beslubbering GAME with 50% of my live unit shooting him every turn nearly, was 3 from the smite.  EVERYTHING else was saved.  I was going crazy.
An other things aswell, I lost sight of the games objective. The scenario was massacre. So we had to kill enemy unit and they were worth a point, I got to caught up in this damn captain not dying that I forgot to try to kill other unit.
Warp spyder should not be used in deep stricking I think. at least not against this damned marine and their targeting thingy. The range of spyder being 12 they really need to be close to fire. and that's precily the range for the stratagem. Lost 3 spyder to that stratagem.
Other thing, I tend to be too concervative with stratagem. I have to try to make use of them more, because if I have command points, but I keep them and I don't have any unit anymore to use them on, it's not going to work.
I got lucky with the autarch command point regain, but that's all I had going with him, he did nothign except for getting killed.
The wraithknight can be really hard to kill. I blew up a razor back turn one and the wraithknight being behind cover at the end of first turn had the luck of only taking dammage from on laz canon, everything else had to wait turn 3 to do any dammage.
By the end of turn 3 I tunneled vision so much on the characters, that I had destroyed nothing, It was the same in turn two, Had I had some luck with the killing turn two the game could have been totally different.
Oh and my dice rolls were absolutly horendous. I have never played a game were I felt so powerless with my rolls and my opponent was on fire. So on fire it was too filthy to be space marine. We all assumed he pledged himself to either nurgle or tzench. What ever a loss is a loss but this certainly shook my confidence as a commander, had we gone into turn 4 I would have been tabled, this is not even a question.

Conclusion, I need to try investing some point in warlocks and extra farseer, I sadly don't have any bikes, so I will have to go with standard warlocks for now or, find some convertion shenanigan to make somethign cool with them.

And other list I want to try is a very heavy mech style eldar list (with what I have). one of the inconvenience Of the list I just ran is the lack of proper hard to kill unit. and I hade too many high strenght shot where, unluckyly my opponent was nearly all on foot.  The only 10+ wound object in all there army was a razorbakc that I blew up turn one with the wraithknight + one extra wound from the serpent. So my army was not really well matched against there army and I messed up a lot strategicly speaking. I try to make us of loS but failed to do so try to make use of mobility of the eldar but got shot down in no time did somethign stupid ligke getting close to assault veteran etc. I forgowed the strengh of my army and let it's flaws all in the open. I betrayed my own list.

Well it defently was an enriching experience.  I have things to think about plans to form combo to devise, etc.

I will surely be posting this list and other in the list building section to discuss things :) so expect to see that.

This was  during there turn 1 shooting phase.

Hobby!

Hobby time update now! I felt really dispirited yesterday. I mean I was painting these DA for a while and they got smashed. Oh well, here have a look. This a WIP of my exarch and a WIP of the DA themselves the only thing I have done is the blue helmet so far.  I took me more time to paint 3/4 helmet than the whole squad for the armor ahahah.

Oh yeah an I bought a few extra DA 15 of them and 6 Banshee aswell. I do intend to try to run maybe a double battaillon list at one point, with 5/4 DA msu and two big blob of banshee  supported by warlock and Jainzar. I will see (same as what I said before probably a list discution topic). I want to play an avatar list aswell. We shall see :)

Hope you enjoyed that small update, I will see you later with further advanced DA and other things.

Got my tau dex, I need to figure out where I want to go with that aswell.

See you later !

Grizzly out !
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 04:14:26 PM by Grizzlykin »

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #117 on: April 29, 2018, 05:21:03 PM »
Hey Grizz! Nice update. Everything looking good. On the red if you'll use agrath earth shade wash it will help with the shadows. Also using yellow or orange dry brush for high lights looks amazing.

I'm glad you found a place to play, makes things nice. I have 2 stores to go to but hard to get a set time. I have a 4x4 table at my tattoo shop for those small got to have games. I'm actually supposed to play this evening but it Star Wars legions, if it all works out. Then the wife and I are gonna try and get in b to the late showing of Infinity Wars.

Keep up the good work.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #118 on: April 29, 2018, 10:40:54 PM »
Loving that colour scheme. The red arms were so unexpected, but work beautifully. I'd almost love to see it done in the regular avengers as well. It so refreshing to see an origanl scheme on them that I don't want it to stop at the exarch. Maybe just do shoulder pads or knee pads red to tie it together? They look great no matter what. That red is just the cherry on top.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #119 on: April 30, 2018, 08:08:49 AM »
Hey Grizz, the new models are looking great. Like DoW I like the strong red and blue color scheme. Its very unique but matches the DA perfectly!

Sounds like you had a tough game, but those really do help you a lot. It really highlights holes in your list and maybe can help define your playstyle more.

I'm sensing a TON of love for the Dire Avengers at the moment so I would definitley go in that direction. I'd get Wave Serpents for them. Wave Serpents are GREAT! Super under-rated. I'd got 3x Wave Serpents with 3x Shuriken Cannons with 3x10 Dire Avengers in there. You can hide your characters in there too. Also you can run your Banshees on foot (or get them a Serpent too) use a Warlock to Conceal them for -1 to hit then play Lightning Fast Reflexes on them to get an additional -1 to hit.

Also yeah about Command Points I burn them early and often. I find its best to use them to max effect while your army is at full strength. I'd save perhaps 2 for the mid-game for something big like Lightning Fast Reflexes or Forewarned to shoot deepstrikers with your Dark Reapers or something like that.

Anyway great stuff Grizz. So stoked you found a hobby club. I wish I had one around here... the scene is kinda rough. Anyway keep it up bud and keep the hobby train rolling!