News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Orks lost flavor in 3rd edition  (Read 2676 times)

Offline swilhelm

• I *Love* EldarOnline!
Orks lost flavor in 3rd edition
« on: July 24, 2002, 06:25:05 PM »
i have just gotten back into 40k and was extreamly dissapointed that the orks have lost some of their cooler toys.

Offline XenthusTheFallen

• "The Fallen deserve the rule"
Re:Orks lost flavor in 3rd edition
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2002, 10:21:14 PM »
I never played second edition before but i heard they had some neat little toys. But hey not all is lost for da boyz. Throw in a squigoth (scratched up from a Stegadon) a lemon russ battle tank, loads of grots and youll kick anything that even dares move on the battlefield. What kinda toys are ya talkin about??
Within the Shade, Without Light
We stand strong, we shine bright
Truth be hidden, Truth be sought
All of us died, but all of us fought - Xenthus

Offline Arzetch

• "Fear the Stone Crawler"
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2002, 04:53:40 AM »
I have't played in the 2 edition but I like the orks as they are now. and the old models looked like they where all happy.... that is not so orch ;)

Offline Mekboy

• ORK Mekk an`Fil-lo-sof-fer
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2002, 02:12:48 PM »
I like how all the rules was made more "basic" from 2nd to 3rd. In particular what weapons/wargear is avalible, there was way to mcuh wargear that was unneccesary in the old edition, both becourse some thing did practically the same but had diffrent fluff. Theres fewer "choices" yea, but they all have a role.

The rotten thing is though, that when a new edition is made and all the kodex´s get re-written, the kodex that are first made is sort of the "basis" for writing the other kodex´s, and the teams that enter the fray last seem to break the "keep it simple" idea... loads of special rules compared to the earlier kodex´s in each edition...
Wich again causes all the kodex to be re-written again and AGAIN, untill a new editons out and it starts all over.
<hr><br><i><b><font size="5">Don´t  Panic ladz, im da mekk..I break da humie code an`stop da bomb goin´off wiv this com-puta langauge in no tima.</font></b></i>
Cover yer ears ladz tha com-puta code is broken or sum...

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2002, 09:43:34 PM »
Mekboy it's 'CODEX' spelt with a 'C' not a 'K'

On another note, what are you joking the Orks have got even more. Take a good look through all the army lists avaliable, look through Codexes, Orks and Armagedon, also Imperial Armour 2, etc.

Offline wellard

• Master Gunner
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2002, 11:48:18 PM »
bring back stoppers and thin boyz!!!!!

zog

wellard
They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning.

We will remember them

caramoor

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2002, 12:49:28 AM »
i agree, ....
what happend to...
squigioths, stompas, battle wagons, the bloddaxe models ( seriously, they were awesome models) the nazi looking stormboys....

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2002, 11:23:41 PM »
i agree, ....
what happend to...
squigioths, stompas, battle wagons, the bloddaxe models ( seriously, they were awesome models) the nazi looking stormboys....

Nothing happened to them you can still get squiggoths in a Feral Ork army, and battlewagons in Ork and Speed Freak armies. Stompas what the hell are stompas and any Ork model that is from 2nd edition looked like S#*t, come have you seen what the Nazdreg model looks like next to Ghazgkull?

Warboss Ruzgob

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2002, 07:47:45 PM »
I miss especially the pile-on rule (where you can put as many orks on a wartruk as long as they dont fall of!! Of course some do and start taking wounds!LOL) AND I terribly miss the squig-launcha: where a squig is launched out of a gun, goes into a person and bores there way out of them!! Man those where the days :) . But I am happy that they added new rules for the feral armies and the others coming out. FERAL ORKS RULE!!!!!!!

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
« Reply #9 on: October 6, 2002, 08:47:03 PM »
Wasn't Pile-on FIRST edition?
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++

Offline Head Honcho Grubsnik

• Ere we go! Ere we go! Ere we go!
« Reply #10 on: October 8, 2002, 12:41:16 AM »
No tobab816 it was 2nd edition. I remember. ;)
"Orkses is never beaten in battle. If we win we win, if we die we die so it don't count as a beat. If we runs for it we don't die neither, so we can allways come back for anuvver go, see!"
Anon

Offline SparqMan

• Pimpmaster General
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Read the Codex.
    • The Daily Jolt
« Reply #11 on: October 8, 2002, 06:23:29 PM »
I like the 3rd edition Orks, I just wish there was more fluff supporting them. A good Ork novel would help a lot.

2nd Edition orks were fun, but really goofy. In 3rd Edition they've gotten back to their ferocious side.

Offline JiMInY

• What big teeth I have
« Reply #12 on: October 9, 2002, 02:55:03 PM »
AHHH i can see the ork novel now ''WAGHHHHGH'' by sparqman, ''boss nasbod smashed his fist onto th grots head in rage, his head a fountain of gore, ''those blardy oomies'' he ranted, then all the orks rushed into the imperial guard lines and smashed em''' da endin ;D but seriously i prefer the orks now, the rules and the models, except the pile on rule was very orly i must admit :)
consume the magical plant

Offline flayling_wildly

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2002, 10:48:47 PM »
2nd edition was really fun but the orks basic weapons weren't their own. the used bolt guns. I prefer the choppas and sluggas to boltguns. I love it  that 3rd edition has become more gruesome and less happy. LOST flavour? i don't think so. they are just not orientated to shooting N E more. With bs 2 they don't hit much now but it makes it an unexpected bonus when slugga boys take out a space marine or 2 before close combat.
friendly fire isn't

Offline Stormrider

• 9th Ilionian Dragoons
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2002, 01:41:41 PM »
All I have to say about all this flavour talk is:

It's in the mind, not in the rules! ;)
As I walk through the blackened forest
Thoughts of hate and anger fill my soul
The charred remains of the holy rollers
Scream repentance though it's far too late
The mask of hypocrisy is slowly unveiled