News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500 Pts of FOC Quins for future alliances  (Read 1464 times)

Offline Katamari Damacy

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar Empire, Dwarfs
1500 Pts of FOC Quins for future alliances
« on: March 1, 2015, 05:23:28 AM »
Hey y'all, i would like to share my list with you guys and get some thoughts on the new Quins. I've resurrected my old RT Quins and i'm going to buy a couple of the Sky-, Star- and Voidweavers to create a FOC-legal army that can ally with both my DEldar or CW Eldar.

Troops
8 Harlequins + Troupe Master, 8 Kisses, Cegorach's Rose.
-- 210 Pts

5 Harlequins + Troupe Master, 6 Kisses
+ Starweaver
-- 210 Pts

5 Harlequins + Troupe Master, 6 Kisses
+ Starweaver
-- 210 Pts

Elite
1 Shadowseer
1 Shadowseer
1 Death Jester
1 Solitaire
-- 325 Pts

Fast Attack
5 Skyweavers, Shuriken Cannon, 5 Zephyrglaives.
-- 300 Pts

3 Skyweavers, 3 Haywire Cannons.
-- 165 Pts

Heavy Support
1 Voidweaver, Prismatic Cannon
-- 80 Pts

That's 1500 Pts on the spot. As you can see, i've not upgraded my Elite Choices at all. Mainly because i think that most of the Upgrades are a bit useless. Not sure if the "Legendary Sword" (no idea what it's called in English) or Cegorach's Rose would be better for my Troupe Master. The Solitaire comes with everything he needs and the Shadowseers might get Mastery Level 2 - but i'm not sure about that and i would have to cut some of the Skyweavers to free up the points. I also like the Mask that reduces the Ld Value but i would have to check for all the possible "combos" i could get out of this item when i'll plan my allied Force.

I'm also not sure whether the Kiss or Caress would be better to hand out to my guys. The Caress might be cool with a lucky roll and a full unit with these but the Kisses are cheaper and have one guaranteed attack with "good stats".

As you can see, i sank a lot of points into my Skyweavers. That's because i think these guys are crazy good. I'm not familiar with 7th Ed. so my rules knowledge is not up to date but just looking at the numbers, i think we have a potential Death Star here. Good Toughness, an okay Save, Jetbike shenanigans, either lots of Shuriken Firepower or AT-Blasts that can be combined with a very nice CC-Weapon and a good amount of Attacks... the list goes on. I will buy at least three boxes to make a 4/2 Split of CC/AT Setups but i'd really like to go 5/3 which would mean 4 boxes. These guys should be awesome in an Alliance with either Reaver Jetbikes or Windrider Jetbikes or both and they're cabale of dealing with pretty much anything.

The Voidweaver is there to make the whole thing legal and i think a single one is all i'll need.

Looking forward to hear your thoughts, especially about the upgrades and the Kiss/Caress Issue  :D
« Last Edit: March 1, 2015, 05:27:32 AM by Katamari Damacy »
The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.