News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Vanquish 40K Tournament, Bristol UK, April 2013!  (Read 20517 times)

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
Re: Vanquish 40K Tournament, Bristol UK, April 2013!
« Reply #60 on: April 9, 2013, 09:15:12 AM »
Oops! Forgot about you, my bad and thanks for beating OJ, if he had won the tourny he would have been far too smug!

The winning army had coteaz, 30 GK on foot, dreadknight, stormtalon and an allied rune Preist on bike with swiftclaws and some grey hunters in a pod (i think). 40 scoring marines, mobility, no easy first blood target, its a solid list... He managed to avoid any armies with helldrakes which helped him out!

Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline Oliver009

• Armies: Tau
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2013, 11:37:17 AM »
Oops! Forgot about you, my bad and thanks for beating OJ, if he had won the tourny he would have been far too smug!

But I wasn't even there! Oh I see a different OJ. (OJ is one of my nicknames.)
If I was there I'd have been beaten as well. Glad everyone enjoyed it.

Offline Tarrin the Space Marine

• Sullied Smug
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • It's ok to be scared...
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2013, 08:34:57 AM »
Grey knights, don't count therefore i win :-)

The winning list was solid and played a good selection. 

Game 1: Nids: Swarmlord, Doom Etc. Was tabled in 7 - Crushing Defeat
Game 2: Ultramarines: Calgar + Friends. Balanced list - Tabled him in 5 - Crushing Victory
Game 3: Necrons: Solid list and distinct imbalance in the dice (failing 3" charges vs his lord getting up 3 times.) Tabled in 6. - Crushing Defeat
Game 4: Space Wolves: Balanced gun line with counter strike list. Got the drop on him. was in sway but it tipped my way in 4. - Crushing victory
Game 5: Dark Eldar with Eldar Allies. Dark, and horribly mobile list, but managed a victory through reckless deepstriking and excessive use of disordered charges. - Victory

W3, L2. Matches up with all of nothing nature of the force i used.

Man of Tourney - Vet Sarge with thunder hammer. Held the swarmlord in a challenge for 6 rounds of combat!

Unit of Tourney
- Vanguard (10, JP, 2 x P. Sword, 6 x P. Axe, 2 x P. Fist, 470 points). I have never really used a nasty squad like this, but beslubber me they hit well. They only game they were poor in was the Necron one, where they came late and were isolated.

Thanks for coming - Libby - did one good thing all weekend. Mostly got shot.

Good to see old faces and meet new.

Next year i will take a sensible army :- )
However, everything about Tarrin is unfair and should be sanctioned with extreme prejudice.

The Globals have issued a 2:1 ruling that yes, yes everything about Tarrin is indeed unfair. We have also been sullied merely by contemplating this.