News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!  (Read 78281 times)

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!
« Reply #380 on: August 27, 2017, 07:19:46 PM »
Thanks Loosh! Glad you like him :)

Yeah about time Cav! Not sure how viable of a list it is really, although at 500pts you're pretty restricted as to what you can take. It's definitely on the choppier side of things. My plan was for the two squads of Kabalites to hang back and/or chase tanks and the rest of them race headlong for the enemy and (hopefully) chop them up into little pieces.

Works for Orks. Why not Eldar? ;)
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #381 on: August 30, 2017, 04:20:35 PM »
G'day Ynneadwraith!
Had 10 minutes to spare and spent it catching up on your blog... WOW! Seriously, mate... WOW! Haven't the time right now to read all your wonderful writing, just drooling over your pictures. Will spend more time with the details when life backs off a wee bit. Missed your kit bashing, mate... Be well!

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #382 on: August 30, 2017, 07:07:27 PM »
Haha thanks dude! Always appreciate you dropping by :) hope life eases off to a more leisurely pace at some point soon ;)

Also, thanks for suggesting the GW flickr page Cav :) photos have been accepted and are up now! Fingers crossed for a rather farfetched White Dward feature ;)

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #383 on: August 31, 2017, 07:33:24 AM »
@Ynneadwraith- I saw you on there bud! I'm following you on flickr too! Thats awesome they accepted you... their flickr group is INSANE! Its my favorite source of 40k inspiration bar none. You've got your foot in the door my friend... just saying!

BTW check this dude out! This'll be right up your alley

https://www.flickr.com/photos/torq42/
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #384 on: September 1, 2017, 08:52:08 PM »
It really is! There's some truly phenomenal work on there. Just perusing a guy called Lanfeust's Tau which are painted half red and tan (what? me? like red and tan schemes? never!), and half merging into a stealth-fielded jet black and tron-blue lighting. His Tyranids are downright terrifying too...

I checked out that link and that dude is fantastic as well :) the little dioramas he sets up are the most realistic I've ever seen. The one with the Orks emerging from the undergrowth of a primordial forest is particularly brilliant :)

I can see this becoming quite the time-sink...

Enough of the gushing praise ;) I've got an update!

They're Angvai I think, by the look of their banners. Belligerant warmongerers. In collusion with the cloners of the Dark Kin to bolster their forces, which has had a rather marked effect on their outlook. They maintain little of the reverance for Eldar life that other craftworlders hold. Why would you when you can just grow more? Be careful of them, cousin. Dangerous folk to associate with...or be within range of, come to think of it.

Deserters? If caught in the act they're shot on sight. Either that or sacrificed to wake the Avatar. Alas, there are enough of us who are…uneasy…with our treatment of our vat-born clones to mean that if we catch them after they've deserted it's a little less straight forwards. Usually, they're sent on suicide missions. Sometimes, if they come to us with something of value, they're pardoned, provided they continue to be useful. Either way, they have to prove that they are worth the life we have given them.

Yes, it's despicable, but what precisely would you have us do? Our world teetered on the brink. Unlike Iyanden, we weren't blessed with ranks upon ranks of wraith-shells with which to guard our survivors. Our pact with the Dark Kin has provided us with numbers, but numbers which are ill-suited to craftworld life. They must be forged anew in the crucible of war, taught stricture and discipline. Once they have proven themselves, they are granted citizenship, and all the safety the craftworld provides. The blood of a hundred thousand Eldar stains our hands, but a hundred thousand more survive because of us.

I suppose on some level they know that they are murderers. Why else would they adorn themselves with the bloody hand of Khaine?

Now I remember why I moved to painting models on a more individual basis! I'm just not cut out for batch-painting :S although saying that I'm dead proud of these guys :) that little bit of extra weathering really hits a sweet spot of what I was after with making Craftworlders look a little grittier than your usual clean-cut paint schemes (not that there's anything wrong with those mind, just not my style).

In a fit of masochism I've also decided to start naming my dudes on the back of their bases, purely because I really like the idea :) adds a great deal of immediately visible personality to a warband which for now I feel is worth the hand cramp!

It's also given me the opportunity to link in the fluff of my Outcasts with the Craftworld they were cast out from :) remember this bit of fluff?

Why did I desert? I'll tell you why. They didn't even give me a name. 'Warborn', is what they called me. One of thousands upon thousands, dragged from the vats of Commorragh, dressed in the uniform of Craftworld life and thrown into the meat-grinder of their pointless wars. I gave myself my name the day I deserted. Do you know what Ilgaith means? No longer faceless... - Ilgaith who Wanders

Well, I've followed that through ;)

Next on the painting table is some more exodites which I can't wait to share. Got some rather creepy ideas for what just how grimdark the exodite world of Selesti has become...

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #385 on: September 2, 2017, 08:24:35 AM »
These guys look phenomenal! Totally, totally agree... the extra weathering looks ace! The red spot colors looks fantastic and the harlie guns and swords add so much dynamism. Super nice job Ynnead. Love it!

Also glad you are liking Flickr. Yeah I know EXACTLY the Tau army you are talking about. I thought that was insane! Also glad you liked the diorama guy. He was nice enough to follow me back. That dude is a hobby pro! I loved the Squats and Eldar Rangers battle scenes. Crazy stuff...

Anyway great stuff my friend keep it up!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #386 on: September 2, 2017, 08:24:45 AM »
man, I can wait to see a battlefield pic, its just going to look amazing on the table.

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #387 on: September 3, 2017, 06:48:55 AM »
G'day Ynneadwraith!
Really enjoy your group shots, mate. The weathered/war torn armour is brilliantly done and I'm a big fan of the detailing around the eye lenses. Also, the rear shot of the units is unique photography. Giving the viewer the perspective of the Eldar player is a good idea. Well done... Pointy ears forever!! 

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #388 on: September 4, 2017, 07:38:12 PM »
Thanks guys! Glad you like them :) need to make an Autarch for these guys at some point. I've got some I've done previously, but I've been itching to use the Dark Eldar Corsair Shipmaster head I've got lying around :) the look of disdain on his face just perfectly fits the characterisation for what my Craftworld's like*

On the topic of the diorama guy I really like the little trick of filling up the scene with sand or rubble/shrubs in the foreground to disguise the bases. Great idea :)

I'll get them on the table eventually I promise ;) if only to take some pics and write some fluff about it ;) that way if my pointy ears go running towards their doom I'll at least get something from it...

That idea of taking a picture showing the perspective of the player's a really cool one Saim Dann :) unintentional on my part but it does work! Just thought of a cool army shot too. Farseer on some form of elevation with his warhost spread out before him. Camera down on the Farseer's level giving a sort of 'general's-eye-view' of his warhost :)

*basically, the idea behind them is that they're belligerent and incredibly 'short', both in speech and the way they deal with things (stemming from the fact they've had to go down a very utilitarian route simply to ensure their survival).

Where an Iyandeni diplomat might try to settle a dispute between themselves and another craftworld by careful diplomacy to try and avoid Eldar casualties, an Angvai diplomat is just as likely to get impatient, blow their head off with a Fusion Pistol and justify it by saying that time isn't a resource the Eldar have in abundance.

Even in less confrontative disputes, they're more 'ask forgiveness, not permission' types.

Of course, I don't want them to be a Planet of Hats, so there's vast disparities in opinion among the Angvai about all of this, including something of an underground railroad for Warborn out of the craftworld, but as a broad consensus that's what they're like :)

Offline SeekingOne

• Exarch
  • May Hoeth guide our ways...
  • Armies: Eldar (Saim-Hann), Space Wolves
« Reply #389 on: September 5, 2017, 04:53:02 AM »
Oh my :) Great work there, as usual :)

I gave myself my name the day I deserted. Do you know what Ilgaith means? No longer faceless... - Ilgaith who Wanders

Well, I've followed that through ;)
And this is avesome!!!
I fight against Chaos and for Order, because it means fighting for Life against Death. There is no other battle truly worth fighting.

"If it's not for a tournament then play whatever it is that you like. Without the pressure of having to utterly destroy your opponent it opens up alot more opportunity to have fun." - Lazarus

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
« Reply #390 on: September 5, 2017, 09:14:51 AM »
Wow Ynnead, you've done some serious work whilst I've been away!
You've been smashing it with the kitbashes!
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #391 on: September 6, 2017, 11:52:49 AM »
Thanks a ton guys! Really glad you like them :)

Oh, just thought i'd share the latest bit of bleakness a chap called Westrider's added to my headcanon. Here's the logic:

The Eldar used to be able to reincarnate. You'd assume that such a mechanism would be accounted for in their lifecycle by their creators, the Old Ones.

The Eldar can't reincarnate anymore, which i reckon is one of the main causes of their birthrate problems (not enough souls to go around, or some byproduct of that).

Already pretty bleak.

The new layer is the realisation that each time an Eldar soul is lost to Slaanesh, that probably reduces their birthrate yet further. Not only is there one less Eldar living now, but each and every generation going forwards will have one less Eldar in it.

No wonder they're so precious about their spirit stones, and will do anything to retrieve them.

My thinking for the Dark Eldar overcoming this by cloning comes from a snippet i read about the Haemonculi taking a sliver of soul in exchange for their resurrection services, which to my mind they use to grow a cloned eldar body around.

So, basically Commorragh is the equivalent of 10 eldar souls split between 1000 eldar bodies (hence the psychic atrophy). Any psykers are either throwbacks which chance into getting a full eldar soul, or shardsouls who have topped up their souls with those of their victims creating a patchwork soul equivalent to a full eldar one :)

Latest ramblings when bored at work ;)

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #392 on: September 6, 2017, 06:47:19 PM »
yeah its kind of unclear if they "had" to reincarnate or not, but if it was the only way and if it is a 1 to 1 ratio there would be a cap on the number of Eldar.

If its a 1 to 1 ratio of being reborn then the Eldar would be constantly shrinking in population. As either the soul is stuck in a stone or devoured. There is no time line on how long it takes before it can come back, so maybe they are still going through the souls of the dead from before the fall.

If its a 1 to many ratio, then things get even worse, with 1 less soul would mean x less births, so the rate of shrinkage would be increased. Again this is all assuming they have to reincarnate.

From a fluff perspective a number of craftworlds aim's are to reclaim the lost empire, can't really do that without being able to have lots of people, so "having" to reincarnate doesn't seem to fit.

If they "could" reincarnate but didn't "have to", then it could simply mean a lower birth rate or no real effect at all.

From the Dark Eldar side of things, you still have trueborn as well, so probably no soul splitting their, but possible from their vat bred things.

Regarding DE and psykers, from what I gather there is no difference between a trueborn and CWE baby, its just CWE really use their natural ability in every day life, where DE shun it, so its like an unused muscle that just withers. At least that's the way it comes across in the new Jain Zar novel.

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #393 on: September 6, 2017, 07:29:16 PM »
Yeah all of that makes sense. My interpretation/headcanon for it is that while reincarnation isn't the only method by which Eldar can produce new souls for their offspring, it is something that the Old Ones built into their birthrate, so without it they're in the situation we see now. I'd also lean towards the 1-to-many thing. It's basically one less Eldar in each and every generation to come. Hence why they're so precious about their lives when no-one else in the galaxy tends to care about their rank and file.

Just because a number of Craftworlds aim to rebuild their empire doesn't mean they've got a hope in hell of actually doing it ;) they could just be hopelessly delusional. Depends on how bleak you like your outlook for the Eldar to be (personally I lean on the grimdark side of things, but I like to leave it ambiguous as to whether it might be possible).

Dark Eldar Trueborn I suppose would represent the natural non-reincarnation birthrate of eldar (so they would have full souls from the get-go, through whatever means a being normally procures a soul). Makes sense that they would be the same as your average CWE psychic-wise before any use/disuse they have. It's all the vat-born I'm imagining being psychically stunted (although otherwise exactly the same), at least until they've done their psychic-vampirism thing to the point where they have the equivalent of a full soul stitched together from the varied bits and pieces they've stolen from others, at which point they're no different to the Trueborn who have had to stitch in new bits of others' souls where theirs has been gnawed away by Slaanesh...

Offline SeekingOne

• Exarch
  • May Hoeth guide our ways...
  • Armies: Eldar (Saim-Hann), Space Wolves
« Reply #394 on: September 7, 2017, 01:46:42 PM »
That's an interesting discussion indeed :)

If you dont mind me joining in - here's how I always understood the presumed ability of the pre-Fall Eldar to "reincarnate":
From the scarce mentioning in the background, it seems that an Eldar would normally (as in "by default") be born with a "new" soul. However, after having lived through millennia, and having developed his/her consciousness and mind to some great level, that Eldar, after their soul leaves their physical body, would retain their individual self-consciousness and identity even in the Warp, and consequently would be able to reincarnate by entering another newborn child.

Of course I wouldn't insist that I'm correct, but that seems to be the most logically consistent understanding.

If that is correct, then I'd say the current inability of Eldar souls to reincarnate shouldn't affect their birth rate directly - as, to put it simply, a new baby, once conceived (or cloned for that matter), would be born anyway, either with an "old" or with a "new" soul.

That said, the idea of the clones being "the equivalent of 10 eldar souls split between 1000 eldar bodies" is absolutely fascinating in its grimness  :D
« Last Edit: September 7, 2017, 02:02:12 PM by SeekingOne »
I fight against Chaos and for Order, because it means fighting for Life against Death. There is no other battle truly worth fighting.

"If it's not for a tournament then play whatever it is that you like. Without the pressure of having to utterly destroy your opponent it opens up alot more opportunity to have fun." - Lazarus

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #395 on: September 7, 2017, 02:34:19 PM »
By all means jump in :) i love these fluff discussions.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. I remember reading that by default eldar souls retain consciousness after death, which is part of the reason being devoured by Slaanesh is so horrifying for them. Basically they're awake the whole time...

However, i can see the ability to willingly reincarnate with all your memories as something a soul develops over time so that could work too.

If is the case that and their birthrate isn't affected there would still be some pretty dire consequences. I'm thinking in terms of collective knowledge.

I like to look at the Eldar as being in precisely the same technological boat as the IoM. Basically they used to be able to do wondrous things, but they've lost all of that capability in the horrendous cataclysms that have befallen their civilisations and are left scrabbling around with repurposed civilian gear and obsolete designs.

For the eldar, you've got civilian gear like Dark Eldar Raiders which are basically repurposed pleasure-yachts, and i've got a bit of headcanon that the Falcon chassis for CWE is basically a mothballed design from millennia ago before the eldar started using their automaton armies so is massively obsolete.

We know how the IoM lost their knowledge (had to tear up their archives to stop the Men of Iron, then tore them up again during the Heresy).

Based on the background...i don't even think the Eldar bothered to write any of their knowledge down. If you're a race with eidetic memories, and the ability to reincarnate with those memories intact, there's no point in recording anything. Why would you if you can just remember it for all eternity.

So, when they lost the ability to reincarnate and most of their population got devoured they also lost pretty much their entire knowledge base.

That idea is also held up by the fact that the eldar don't really have a written history, it's all myths legends and fables. They never developed the technology of recording your knowledge for posterity simply because for them there was absolutely no need to.

Neat!

It would also explain why it's only really the Harlequins who know jack about their history and the Great Enemy. They're the only faction that has a genuine library. Perhaps pre-fall the Black Library was a bit of an eccentric oddball's project. Like someone who still communicates by carrier pidgeon in the present day. Now said eccentric oddball is the only one with any knowledge because the internet's shut off post-apocalypse :)

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #396 on: September 8, 2017, 12:10:48 AM »
I probably would not go so far as to say they wouldn't write anything down. Sure you might be reborn with some memory, maybe all of those memories eventually, having all of them from birth would kind of be scary, but you would be looking for a way to pass on the knowledge to the new souls as well. Knowledge would need to be shared and pass on to the new souls.

We also know Eldar have not only a verbal language but written one as well. We know even pre-fall they were an artistic bunch, so it not a great leap to say they would have poetry and other great works of written art and given the sheer number of them, I imagine it would have been an incredible amount. Given their advanced technology, it probably would not have been stored on scrolls or stone tablets, but in some sort of digital medium, that was probably accessible via psychic link some what similar to the infinity circuits, like a psychic internet :)

I would imagine given the birth of she who thirsts was a massive psychic shockwave that would have acted kind of like an EMP blast on our tech, so great libraries of knowledge would have been corrupted or destroyed.

Some of these devices may still be operation but being in the eye of terror, you don't particularly want to connect with any thing psychically, not only from the risk of what your connecting to but, it would be like lighting a flair for the demons to come and get you.

As for their technology rate now. Eldar are not one big unified race as they were before pre-fall. They have fallen into factions and factions within factions, a lot like our pollies in real life lol. So each craftworld is essentially its own country and just like in real life now each countries science and tech guys don't share everything with every other country, which slows down the rate of technological advancements. Its only when something big happens that it gets shared, like wraith constructs.

However unlike the Empire which can turn an entire planet into a factory, Eldar craftworlds are limited by physical space and their creation methods. Given they sing most stuff into existence rather than build it in factories using robots and/or slave labour, so again their population size restricts them.

There would also be some skill level involved, so the 1st year apprentice bonesingers make shuriken catapults, while the 3rd year guys are making the DA versions or something. So "building" new bleeding edge tech stuff would probably require an experienced bonesinger, which there may not be many about since they have to cycle through the paths and a good chunk of them are probably churning out more mechs or working on the craftworld itself. Even their Science and tech guys would be cycled out on the path system. You could even make an argument that their tech advancement is slow because the people doing the R&D need to have been experienced in a number of paths.

EDIT:
I like these discussion, get the ole grey matter working again :)

While the Black library is meant to be a craftworld in the webway used as an Eldar repository (technically a CWE+Harlie with the odd inquisitor allowed who eventually try to steal things from it lol), for all things Chaos, info, relics, etc, there is a reference to a book about the Necrons and C'tan getting together, fighting the old ones and the betrayal. So there is info on other topics and pre-war in the heavens stuff, so maybe the Harlies have collected sacred texts and being lead by a Jester god only allowed to share it out in a dance :)

While on that train of thought, Khaine has an Avatar, Ynnead has an Avatar.. kind of makes you wonder if Cegorach will give himself one too.

« Last Edit: September 8, 2017, 12:53:02 AM by magenb »

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #397 on: September 8, 2017, 03:15:53 AM »
G'day all!
What a great conversation. Am far too much of a lazy typist to go into length, so I'll be brief. Conceived Eldar have new souls so they have to start from scratch, like us. Therefore they would enter their military as scouts/Guardians. Cloned Eldar, however, retain their knowledge so RE-enter their military as aspects/autarchs/Warlocks etc. Have I got this right?

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #398 on: September 9, 2017, 04:22:46 AM »
Yeah you're right Magen, I too doubt that the Eldar have no written information. They've clearly got a written language. What I was thinking is that it would be unlikely they would have written technical and historical information. If you're race is functionally immortal via reincarnation, has an eidetic memory and can share information psychically (which as we know from Astropaths can reach across the stars), and is so arrogant and sure of their position as unconquerable the simply isn't any need for actually writing stuff down in any medium so people can look at it later :)

Technically, there's not a massive difference between that idea and the idea of a sort of 'psychic internet'. It's like a psychic internet, where each individual node connection and information repository is simply another eldar. If you need to know something, you just psychically reach out and ask the eldar who has been an expert on that for millennia.

Recorded media is only useful if the information could otherwise be lost somehow. Which considering they're immune from time (reincarnation with memories intact), immune from forgetting (eidetic memories) and immune from invasion (or so they believed) there's no actual motivation to. Perhaps the only ones who did were the mental (although sadly right) doomsayers wandering around shrieking about how the end is nigh, and eccentrics whose obsession led them that way...

These 'great libraries of knowledge' would simply be other eldar who know this stuff :) people don't tend to invent stuff that solves a problem they don't have (or rather, only businesses do and then try to convince you that the invented problem is real via advertising...).

Absolutely with you on the idea that there are varied technological developments between the eldar factions (including between craftworlds). I like the countries analogy because while it suggests that they might unify against a foreign aggressor, they're still frequently in competition.

For instance, what do you think would happen if Ulthwe seers predict that if Orks win a particular war 10,000 Ulthwe eldar die and if the Imperium wins then 10,000 Saim Hann eldar die. That sort of conflict which could easily blow up into being a martial one given the stakes is a really interesting situation :) I wonder if that sort of thing (perhaps not that direct, or on that scale) happens all the time...

Tons of opportunity for realpolitik there :)

I like the explanation for slow R&D development there :) if it's only really the Bonesingers at the end of their path (or older Eldar who have travelled a number of paths) that do any actual inventive work then their pool of research techs is really rather slim.

Hey, here's an idea. What happens when a Bonesinger gets stuck on their path? Do they just keep bonesinging exactly like they used to...or do they compulsively create one or a few favoured devices over and over and over and over?

If that's the case then there's an even narrower band of research techs sitting inbetween the inexperienced guys and the living factories who obsessively produce nothing but targeting systems for shuriken cannons day-in day-out...

Perhaps it's not as cut and dried as that with bonesinger-exarchs, but if we're taking the idea of an exarch to be someone who is so locked into a singular way of thinking that they cannot escape it and that singular way of thinking is 'make things' then I can see them easily becoming obsessed with making one thing over and over until to them they get it right. Hell, that happens in people...

Does mean they'd still be useful though. If you get a bonesinger get stuck on producing swords, those swords are going to be the best swords in the whole galaxy given that you've got an 800yr old rather intelligent being spending most of his waking hours perfecting how to make them :) would nuke genuine imaginitive research that's not to do with swords from him though...

Haha I like the idea that Harlies have all this information and just choose to share it via interpretive dance because it's funny ;) both grimdark and funny :)

Don't blame you Saim Dann ;) pretty sure I'll give myself carpal tunnel from typing these out, but hey ho it's interesting ;)

I think you've got it mostly right :) conceived Eldar today would be entirely new souls. Pre-Fall, Eldar were able to reincarnate with their memories intact (the fluff suggests through natural birth, but could easily be some technological process that's ill-remembered).

Cloned Eldar I wouldn't imagine would keep their memories, although I do wonder on that actually. If a Haemonculus' cloning tech is based around growing a new eldar around a sliver of another's soul (the payment they take for their services, which I believe is what drives the cloning vats of Commorragh), I wonder if those cloned eldar come into the world with sort of shattered and disjointed memories of their previous owner so to speak...

Also, by and large the craftworlds don't use clones. Either they don't have the technology (it was the Haemonculi who invented it), or they find it so distasteful that they're driven not to use it (would work if it involved chopping someone's soul up and regrowing it as a number of other eldar), or a combination of both such that they know it's possible but don't research it because the methods are just horrible.

Slightly confused by the fact that my Craftworld do use clones ;) that's more me making it 'their thing' though. In their desperation after an Iyanden-style extinction event they went to the Dark Kin and struck a bargain to replenish their forces via the cloning vats.

I've tailored their whole mindset and history based on that pivotal moment. That sort of change would butterfly effect into a whole host of other societal and psychological changes in the population which I've been having great fun in plotting out what they would likely be :)

Hence the reason I've made them warlike and belligerent, and don't really care if their soldiers live or die. If you can simply grow more of them, why bother? Coupled with that is the growing idea among my craftworlders that cloned eldar aren't true eldar yet until they've been through this baptism of fire, and a whole sort of underlying backlash against that similar to the real-life slave trade ;)

Stuff to keep my mind from melting at work at least ;)

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #399 on: September 9, 2017, 06:38:21 AM »
G'day Ynneadwraith!
While reading your post, I've thought of a character that only you could create and would suit your army. Imagine an Eldar warrior who, like many of his/her kin, has a patchwork soul with slivers of many different memories. However, this particular warrior has retained the death of every one of his/her incarnations... psychopath pointy ears?