News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: HeroQuest - Quest for the BloodOrb - Quest 1  (Read 20850 times)

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
HeroQuest - Quest for the BloodOrb - Quest 1
« on: April 28, 2013, 04:57:04 AM »

“Rumours say that Kaichan the Bloodied is seeking the BloodOrb, an artifact sought by vampires for centuries. Where other vampires have failed it is said that Kaichan is getting close, with the help of Georg Ashen, a fallen Necromancer.
It is critical that he does not find the orb, as it would mean he would topple the world into blood-dripping darkness for eternity.
Go forth and find him, stop him from obtaining the orb and, if at all possible, destroy him.”

Tasked with this quest the six heroes set out to find and stop Kaichan's plans before they can reach fruition.
You are aided by Deacon Valdemar Hoch who has tracked Kaichan's activities throughout his nearly 70 year long career. He has set you on the path to unravel the mystery behind the vampire's travels, and outwit him in finding the orb first.

Quest 1
The Servant of the Bloodied

“You can rush to stop Kaichan's favoured servant, who might have information. He is hiding with the Necromancers of the Watery Crypts, deep under the city. Hurry, find the servant, Igor, and kill him. With luck this one at will be enough to hinder Kaichan's efforts.”

The crypts are damp and the constant dripping of water is heard from every corner and the creaking of old wood and rumbling of shifting rock can be heard everywhere as you descend the winding stairs into darkness. Emerging into a room with a single door, and armed with the one key the Deacon could provide you, you are ready to embark on your adventure.

The heroes are arrayed as follows. The top row, from the left, is Gimli, Knee-high Nellin and Lori Orepacer. The bottom row is Thod, Althion Griffoneer and Rudolf von Heinz a.k.a. “The Nose”.

Deadline for the first move is Tuesday the 30th of April.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Wiggus

• Happiness is Mandatory
  • Ancient
  • For the greater good!!!!!
Re: HeroQuest - Quest for the BloodOrb - Quest 1
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 05:13:43 AM »
Looking around at the moisture on the walls and the hearing the sounds of water hitting puddles Lori screws up his nose "Typical shoddy human craftsmanship god with one well timed cannon shot the whole place will came down round our ears, well no point in waiting for an invite boys." Lori took one step forward and kicked the door open. After all sneaking around is for girly elves
My name is Steven Wilson
My friends call me Wiggy
My enemies call me Mr Wilson
You may call me Sir!
'Who Dares Wins'
'Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6'
'I love being a writer; I just dont like the paper work'
'Don't make me angry, you wont like it when im angry'

Offline Lonewolf

• Cthulhu cultist, The Final Solution | Swarmlord | Staff Soap Spotter
  • Ancient
  • Murdering armies since 2003 - retired since 2012
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 05:27:22 AM »
Gimli takes a look at the surroundings and moves his hand over a wall. "Bloody cheap craftmanship, its a miracle this whole thing hasn't collapsed yet. Humans just don't take pride in their work", Gimli grumbles as he backs up Lori.

No problem, I'll give you a 100% increase in pay effective immediately and retroactive to 1999.

Offline skoops6

• Armies: those pointy eared dudes with the ninja star guns
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 06:28:35 AM »
Nellin paused as his eyes adjusted to the low light levels. Lifting his head and sniffing the air, he said "Everything smells rotten down here, might want to watch your step Ladies"
You mean a gaming and miniatures company has devised a way to encourage you to buy more of their product? The FIENDS!

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 12:48:34 PM »
"Aye've nevaaar undaaarstood the appeal of building with bricks. They sink like a stone on the open wataaar." Commented Althion, as he readied an arrow.

Althion readies his bow and arrow, awaiting the results of Lori's subtle opening move. ;)

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 01:01:10 PM »
"Gah" Thod spat, "I know little enough about buildings and holes in the ground, but this" he says, pulling his 2-handed sword from off his back, "this here is a little beauty."

Thod walks around towards the door, and leans against the wall. He fingers his beard thoughtfully and watches the other party members.

"Any one want a wager on who shall take Igor's life? I say 2 gold it will be me!"
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline skoops6

• Armies: those pointy eared dudes with the ninja star guns
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 06:11:09 PM »
"He'll see you coming and put a sword in your gut before you take 3 steps. you're on shortstop."
You mean a gaming and miniatures company has devised a way to encourage you to buy more of their product? The FIENDS!

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 01:17:22 AM »
"Ha! You'd know all about being on shortstop now wouldn't ya!" Thod laughed.

"So you gonna back that talk up with some metal?" He asked, flipping a coin casually through his fingers.
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 11:28:17 AM »
Kicking the door open and stepping into the corridor reveals a hallway reaching out in either direction, both to a corner to the right and down towards two doors and another corner to the left. The hallway is lit by two small sputtering hooded oil-lamps. The noise of dripping water seems to echo faintly between the cold stone walls.

Next deadline May 3rd
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 02:20:18 PM by Rasmus »

Offline Lonewolf

• Ancient
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 11:31:44 AM »
Gimli steps out into the corridor, his axe ready in his hands.

No problem, I'll give you a 100% increase in pay effective immediately and retroactive to 1999.

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 01:04:16 PM »
Althion will attempt to stay between two beefier characters, after they move into the hallway. Failing that, he will move into the hallway, and towards the nearest door.

Althion is perfectly happy to allow someone else to step into a trap for him bravely lead the way, if someone would like to do that.

[PS: I don't think the map's been updated yet, we can't see where the two doors are.]
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 01:06:48 PM by GreatBigTree »

Offline Lonewolf

• Ancient
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 01:12:32 PM »
[PS: I don't think the map's been updated yet, we can't see where the two doors are.]

There is a door in the south wall.

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2013, 01:20:00 PM »
Errr.... I was talking about the "two doors" from the description of what is seen in the hallway...

"Kicking the door open and stepping into the corridor reveals a hallway reaching out in either direction, both to a corner to the right and down towards two doors ..."

Offline Lonewolf

• Ancient
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2013, 01:40:48 PM »
Ah, ok, then you are right  :)

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2013, 02:18:15 PM »
[[I made the link go creak, and went to redo it. Meanwhile Lonewolf fixed it, but as I updated it he updated it back to the original link (which wasn't updated).

Sorted now.]]

Offline Wiggus

• Happiness is Mandatory
  • Ancient
  • For the greater good!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2013, 02:31:32 PM »
Lori stomped down the corridor as stealthy as a dwarf can manage which essentially meant that his steel nailed bombs echoed of the flag stones but he had the forethought to left his warhammer over his should rather than scrape it along the wall to create the sound that only dwarfs enjoy. "Ready up gents for i shall be knocking on this here door in a sec" Planting his feet shoulder width apart and hefting his warhammer in one hand.
My name is Steven Wilson
My friends call me Wiggy
My enemies call me Mr Wilson
You may call me Sir!
'Who Dares Wins'
'Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6'
'I love being a writer; I just dont like the paper work'
'Don't make me angry, you wont like it when im angry'

Offline Lonewolf

• Ancient
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2013, 03:07:43 PM »
[[I made the link go creak, and went to redo it. Meanwhile Lonewolf fixed it, but as I updated it he updated it back to the original link (which wasn't updated).

Sorted now.]]

Uups sorry.

Backing up Lori again az the clostest door.

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2013, 05:46:29 PM »
Question: Can I shoot an arrow through an open door? For example, I assume that someone's going to stand in front of the 1st door. If I stand directly to his left / right, could I shoot through the door that they open, at a monster that I could draw a line from my square to, through the door? I realize I probably won't have good lines of sight...

If so, Althion would like to move so that he's either to the left or right of the first door, again, preferring to allow people with thicker skin to lead the way. :)

Despite being incapable of shooting through the door, Althion would like to move to the square just to the left of the 1st door.
« Last Edit: May 2, 2013, 07:51:38 PM by GreatBigTree »

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2013, 06:35:54 PM »
Question: Can I shoot an arrow through an open door? For example, I assume that someone's going to stand in front of the 1st door. If I stand directly to his left / right, could I shoot through the door that they open, at a monster that I could draw a line from my square to, through the door? I realize I probably won't have good lines of sight...

[[No - corners of doors block line of sight.]]

Offline Stitch

• The Angel's Talon
« Reply #19 on: May 2, 2013, 07:01:47 PM »
"I'll make sure we aren't followed," Rudolf whispered to his comrades, bravely bringing up the rear. He tried to keep his shaking to a minimum, his knuckles whitening as he gripped his sword and shield as tight as he could. Looking back longingly at the stairway leading up into daylight, he stepped into the corridor behind the others.