News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Wardens of the Void Dragon (Custodians + Mechanicus) 2000  (Read 2114 times)

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
Wardens of the Void Dragon (Custodians + Mechanicus) 2000
« on: February 8, 2018, 06:34:27 PM »
Hey guys, decided to create this list as I thought it would be cool to combine Custodians w/ Mechanicus. I would like some feedback on the strengths and weaknesses of the list, any critique is welcome!

Wardens of the Void Dragon 2000 PTS

Battalion Detachment:

Forge World: Mars

HQ:
Belisarius Cawl: Warlord & Trait: Necromechanic

Tech-Priest Enginseer: Las-Pistol, Omnissian Axe, Servo-arm
Relic: Autocaduceus of Arkhan Land

(Onager maintenance duty for both of them, though Cawl will also try and buff some of the Rangers).

Troops:
Rangers: 7x Rangers, 2x Arc Rifle
Alpha w/ Arc maul, Arc Pistol

(A longer ranged anvil than usual, but an anvil I think. Could help with vehicle hunting if possible).

Fast Attack:
Sydonian Dragoon, B.S. Data-Tether, Taser Lance

Sydonian Dragoon, B.S. Data-Tether, Taser Lance (Counter-charge units to shield the Rangers from any sudden threats).

Heavy Support:

Onager Dunecrawler: Cognis Heavy Stubber, Smoke Launchers,
Cognis Heavy Stubber, Icarus Array

Cognis Heavy Stubber, Icarus Array

Cognis Heavy Stubber, Icarus Array.

Vanguard Detachment:

Open the Vaults (2 Relics)

HQ:

Allarus Terminator Shield Captain: Ballistus Grenade Launcher, Castellan Axe, Emperor's Companion, Misericordia
Relic: Praetorian Plate (Lead the Allarus during the deepstrike, and use the praetorian plate to leap across the board whenever Cawl falls into trouble. Until then, hunt down vehicles wounded but not destroyed by the Dunecrawlers and slay enemy characters).

Elites:

Allarus Custodian: 3x Allarus Custodian, 3x Ballistus Grenade Launcher, 3x Castellan Axe, 3x Misericordia

Allarus Custodian: 3x Allarus Custodian, 3x Ballistus Grenade Launcher, 3x Castellan Axe, 3x Misericordia (Deepstrike behind enemy lines, cut down large targets and characters, and maybe some Unleash the Lions to tie up gunlines or clustered infantry squads).

Allarus Praetor Vexillus: B. Grenade Launcher, Vexilla Defensor
Relic: Fulminaris Agressor (main purpose is to remain with the mechanicus infantry and buff some of the Rangers with 5++. Not sure if it is worth having the Fulminaris Aggressor on him. Have to open the vaults to put it on him.)

Total: 1968/2000

A note about the Custodians: I've been thinking on what combination of Custodian Guard would work best with the list. I previously decided on a Dawneagle Captain with the increased invul relic, a squad of Vertus Praetors, and minimal squad of Allarus and two Custodian Wardens.

Or, I could drop the Allarus and add two Vertus Praetor Squads, plus Captain on Jetbike, though I would have to drop the Vexillus to fit them in.

In the end, I decided on the Allarus squads, Captain, and Vexillar because of the Deepstrike option to get them behind enemy lines or places where they're needed in a hurry. As much as I like the Warden models, they kind of have to hoof it unless you give them a land raider.

What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 06:24:03 AM by MyenTal »
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Wardens of the Void Dragon (Custodians + Mechanicus) 2000
« Reply #1 on: February 9, 2018, 06:57:45 AM »
not sure how many fliers you area has. Icarus array isn't a bad option these days as a lot of things have the fly keyword.

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
Re: Wardens of the Void Dragon (Custodians + Mechanicus) 2000
« Reply #2 on: February 9, 2018, 06:18:47 PM »
not sure how many fliers you area has. Icarus array isn't a bad option these days as a lot of things have the fly keyword.

Hey magenb, I could definitely fit some Icarus in the list. How many would you recommend? My Rangers with Arc Rifles can help with the Vehicles, so I'm thinking 1-2?

EDIT: Updated the list, the Onagers now have Icarus Arrays. Also, do you think Custodian Guard pair well with Mechanicus, or is pure Mechanicus and an Imperial Knight a better option? :)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 06:25:36 AM by MyenTal »
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!