News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + World Eaters  (Read 330711 times)

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + World Eaters
« Reply #1100 on: February 14, 2017, 05:20:37 AM »
Ah I see! Anyone who's an animal nut is fine by me :) with your Corsair's new Dark Eldar connections I'm sure they could resurrect any fallen Lions for a reasonable price ;)

Loving the Tech Priest :) such a cool model, and you've done a really nice job on him. The liquid in the vials is stunning, and I'm a sucker for bronze/brass armour ;)
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #1101 on: February 14, 2017, 06:57:11 AM »
@Looshkin- Thanks man. Really glad you like the Tech Priest. Such a cool model... glad it inspired you man. Like I said I wasn't sold on the line till I got them in hand and now I really see the appeal. I just wish they had more crazy vehicles native to their own codex. Thats my one complaint. Thanks for the comment on the beakers too... I really hope the client likes that. I love doing that kind of stuff. Always fun to not just be edge highlighting!

Thanks about the terrain too... I can't wait to see yours. Actually my old terrain could really use some work done on it. This new terrain I've got a new approach to painting that'll be easier than the last batch of buildings and a bit cleaner. I must have painted the old buildings about 5 years ago.... so I'm stoked to get the chance to finish up the kit. We are gonna get another set soon hopefully so we can play Cities of Death. Can't wait!

Also yeah my brother is gonna actually paint his own tank. I just help with a few things here and there, like airbrushing or painting the eyes, or some numbers or something like that. My brother is actually a very good painter. When we first started he was waaay better then me. He was painting Eldar and I was painting Space Marines! lol

Anyway thanks man really appreciate it... now off to your thread to see the new updates! Thanks man!  ;D

@Ynneadwraith- Hey bud thanks. Good point! Resurrecting the Lions... you are a true battle-brother my friend! Thanks about the Tech Priest too. Glad you dig him and his little vials/beakers! Thanks bud always appreciate your feedback both for army fluff and painting! Thanks bro!!!  8) 8) 8)
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
« Reply #1102 on: February 14, 2017, 07:57:59 AM »
Wow, great update!
That tech-priest looks superb! Actually really like the colour scheme when on this guy, it just seems to really suit the model. The Vials and stuff on his back look amazing too!
As always, love the terrain! Very jealous of the board you get to play on!
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #1103 on: February 14, 2017, 10:12:52 AM »
Any time ;)

Depending on how often they've been resurrected, you could end up with the lions actually being older than some of the Eldar in the army which would be neat :)

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #1104 on: February 14, 2017, 10:56:35 AM »
Holy hell Cavalier the cloak on that Dominus is truly outstanding. I love the way that you have made it look old and dirty at the edges. Truly inspiring stuff. I checked Games Workshop's  Webstore and I honestly think that it looks better than the one they have painted. Out of interest what paint level has it been done to?
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1105 on: February 17, 2017, 07:04:20 AM »
@Everybody- Sorry for the long wait in replies guys. As you may have noticed, I try to get back to everyone when I have some new photos to share, so I'm not spamming out the Project Logs. I've got new stuff to share but rather do it when I've got a bit more under my belt. Anyway.. sorry for the wait.

@Auric's Pride- Thanks bro. Really glad you dig the Dominus, especially considering how you aren't a fan of the overall scheme. Really appreciate it... also thanks about the board too. Its one of the things I was trying to get more work done on before I responded to you guys. Got caught up re-doing other models... arghh! now I gotta double time it for my game on monday. Anyway thanks man!

@Ynneadwraith- You sir are a fluff genius! I love that idea!!! Legendary!!! I call that "Instant-Cannon" for my army's fluff.

@Alienscar- Hey Alienscar, sorry for the long wait on the reply man. You were the guy I wanted to get back the most. Thanks so much for the kind words. Really appreciate you even comparing me to the GW guys, its very much appreciated. The Techpriest Dominus is actually Tabletop Plus, the rest of the infantry is Tabletop Standard... here are some comparison pics...

Depending on the scheme the difference can be quite negligible.

This client was very clever in the way he had his comission done. He had his IC's and vehicles done to tabletop + with his basic infantry done to tabletop standard... he built everything ahead of time and is going to do the basing himself. He saved himself a BOAT LOAD of money from Frontline.

Anyway hope that helps :)

@Everybody (again lol)- And with those 5 guys done the comission is finished! Ready to send this sucker off to the client. Really enjoyed working on these guys... gave me a real appreciation for the army. I'd love to have a little Ad-Mech wing for my Dark Angels, or to share with my brothers IG and Reviler Space Marines. Anyways guys sorry again for the late replies. I'll be back soon with hobby update this weekend... but also another bat-rep on monday. Stay tuned!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 07:05:37 AM by Cavalier »

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #1106 on: February 17, 2017, 11:43:33 AM »
Haha thanks man :) I do try ;)

I did wonder whether the chap was saving some moula by doing the basing himself :) clever. Doesn't stop these guys from looking awesome even without it though ;) really nice work. You're not the only one considering a little mechanical diversion...

Offline Ibushi

• Coming to a croneworld near you
  • Armies: PEW PEW spinny death
« Reply #1107 on: February 17, 2017, 12:03:58 PM »
DAAAAANNNGGG SOn!

Been out of action for the last month or so, with all the travel and work etc., but finally getting caught up and am LOVING what I see here Cav!!

First off, super stoked to hear you have been made permanent 3rd host on Splintermind, it makes perfect sense! I went back and listened to all the Splintermind podcasts from 2016 while driving and flying around NC/DC this winter, and I think you bring a lot of positivity and flavour to their episodes, plus I was really sad you weren't included on the show with Lawrence and Skari, that would have been a ton of fun -- but now it can happen!!

Also am just loving the War Convocation as it comes together, the WIP knight shots were especially good to contrast with the finished look with the added red eyes and missiles -- really makes it pop and I love what you've done with very limited options (like not being allowed blue, wutttt). Also the Dominus looks fantastic, you've pulled off the yellow really well. Kudos on a job well done.

Man those Bezerkers and Hornets are super hot right now, the dirty banged up Bezerker look versus the clean, chevroned Hornet look, mmm they are both just supreme, and now you have a fully deliciously painted Hornet Swarm, oh the joys!

Awesome man, keep up the fantastic work and can't wait to hear more splintermind discussion of the Aeldari!!!
Check out my PLOG! Croneworld Koxinga Rises

Wet Coast GT 2015 Best Overall
TSHFT 08-15 3rd Place, Best Eldar
Guardian Cup 8.5 Best General
Attack-X Best Overall
WGWB 2015 Best Overall
Tanksgiving 2015 Best Overall

Samurai Eldar, Coming to a Croneworld Near You.

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #1108 on: February 17, 2017, 03:34:31 PM »
Cav! Don't send off the commission yet! We need a group photo!! Seriously, it'd be great to see the whole collection that you did for the client if it isn't too much of a bind. It's always amazing to see a whole group of finely painted models and to see what this lucky client is getting.

...and who knows, you may well prompt some of the board members that don't paint so much to maybe check out your services on Frontline... ;D

Really clean, amazing work as always Cav. As soon as I've painted the vast horde of Eldar sitting in my garage, I think I'll definitely work on a new Ad Mech army. So I'll start work in about 2027 at this rate...
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1109 on: February 18, 2017, 07:34:40 AM »
@Ynneadwraith- Thanks bud. Yeah this client was really clever. Very nice guy to work for too... lots of quick feedback and was prompt with instructions which is really helpful. Also I feel like he didn't try and cheat the system and sneak lots of things through, while still being smart about his choices. I really hope he gets excited when his army arrives :)

@Ibushi- Hey man thanks so much. Thats awesome you got to listen to those Splintermind episodes. Thanks for the kind words... I'm really happy to work on the podcast with the boys. They are both great guys. Brian especially is my battle-bro. Thanks for the nice comments on my latest commission too. I really hope the client likes it. Thanks for the comments on my Berserkers and Hornets too. Going back through my collection of Eldar stuff needed a face lift. About 6 key units need some re-painting so its been fun to go back and give them some love. Anyway man thanks for stopping by. Your feedback is always super appreciated. Thanks man

@Looshkin- Will do! I dont have any commission stuff to paint, and my brother is setting up the board for a game this weekend, so I'll take those pics for you! Yeah that'd be great if some of the guys on the board got their armies painted through FLG. Having a fully painted army is so awesome. Tabletop standard looks really nice too... plus once you get a whole playable army done, painting units yourself as you pick them up is so less daunting. I will oblige you with those photos too, I wont forget. Thanks!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1110 on: February 19, 2017, 01:31:12 PM »
@Everybody- Hey guys so I managed to finish re-touching 3 of my Wind Riders in time for tomorrows game. Man... I must have been in a colossal rush to get them on the board for some big game or something... because these dudes were SLOPPY after insprection. Man am I glad I spent the time to give these guys some love since they are such a big part of my army.

When I go back and look at my older models like my Hornets, my Warp Hunter, my Wave Serpents they were done to a MUCH higher standard. Gotta go back through some of my units and make sure they are up to snuff.

Anyway here are the re-touched dudes.

Took the plunge here and re-did some of their markings... I screwed up doing the markings thinking the number of triangles indicated squad number... so everyone had two of them. Then I realized... they were meant for each individual member in the squad. So its really helpful in case you have MSU and they all get caught in melee or something. I'll always know 1,2,3 go together... 4,5,6... 7,8,9 for purposes of losing guys, morale etc.

Also did a little wrist-radar unit for the squadron leader. This bit came from the Guardian sprue.

Also... new ruins! Always so excited to add some new terrain to the collection.... especially a building. My brother cobbled this together from every spare bit of terrain we had and he did a great job! This is still and early WIP but its definitley good to go for tomorrows game. Had fun really loading up on details. We decided our city board will have power in the future... we are gonna do some intact buildings, powerstations, and fortifications so we thought it'd be cool if the street lights and some of the computer screens had power.

Anyway thats it for now guys. Thanks for stopping. Bat-rep soon to follow!

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #1111 on: February 19, 2017, 01:58:55 PM »
The wrist radar is fantastic.  Your attention to detail is just incredible, as noted by the wrist radar and triangles (numbers).

The ruins are a great complement to your existing terrain and the detail on those screens and control panels are excellent.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #1112 on: February 19, 2017, 10:20:33 PM »
Ya know with my buildings/ruins I just built, primed and sprayed textured paint on them. If I had spent time, well, yours just look so great. The update on paint really shows have much you've grown, well done as always.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
« Reply #1113 on: February 20, 2017, 05:06:29 AM »
Cav, I love your attention to detail!
On the Jetbikes and the Terrain you've done such a good job on the little bits.
I genuinely think that if I was to fight your Eldar army I'd just be paralyzed as I'd spend all game just staring at your units!
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #1114 on: February 20, 2017, 05:33:30 AM »
Cav, I love your attention to detail!
On the Jetbikes and the Terrain you've done such a good job on the little bits.
I genuinely think that if I was to fight your Eldar army I'd just be paralyzed as I'd spend all game just staring at your units!

My thoughts exactly! I'd be spending too long checking out all the little unique variations on every unit to pay any attention to what's actually happening ;)

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #1115 on: February 20, 2017, 08:32:25 AM »
Great work Cav. I love all of the little details that you have thrown in, such as the radars. The fact that you've nailed the finish of them just pushes these minis over the top.

The building looks great and the details are finished really well, but I do have a question. If the buildings are ruined, how come all the computers still work? 😋

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1116 on: February 20, 2017, 10:41:19 AM »
@Irisado- Thanks so much Irisado. Really glad you like them. Yeah the attention to details was really lacking in them previously... since I dont airbrush and have a simple styleI gotta continue to make sure continue to make those details nice or my units wont look as nice as they can. Anyway thanks so much glad you like those details!

@Dread-  Thanks bud. Really appreciate it. Yeah I really love these ruins... I'm really trying to emulate Scorpion82 and just go all out on my terrain. Plus my hobby budget is just so small that I gotta make sure my stuff stands the test of time... because re-buying stuff is just not really in the cards. Anyway thanks man I'm glad you like them and the kind words are always appreciated.

@Auric's Pride- Thanks man, as one of my ultimate brush battle-bros it means a lot. Trust me the feeling 1000% mutual. Seeing our two armies on the board would be so sick it'd be amazing... the blue and red would be beyond insane. But anyway thanks man... I really want to try and get better and do more. I've got the basics down so I want to try and branch out... which I'm always slow to do. I've got some plans to REALLY expand into freehanding symbols and stuff. I've got a cool Lions of Asuryan symbol which'll look great on weapons and jetbikes... just gotta experiment and take the plunge and start laying paint down. Anyway thanks as always man. Your feedback is always great

@Ynneadwraith- Thanks man... and rest assured the feeling is mutual, so it really means a lot. I've been so inspired by you guys lately, you are all putting out tremendous work and really innovating... I gotta keep up!  ;D ;D ;D

@Looshkin- Thanks bud... your feedback is always very, very much appreciated. Thanks as always for all the great encouragement, it keeps me pumped! Also about the buildings yeah me and my brother talked it out... and basically it may look weird now... but when we finish our terrain set it'll make a lot more sense. Some of the computer terminals and stuff are gonna be active in the ruins... and the streetlights and stuff are gonna be active... but only because we are gonna have section of buildings and fortifications which are fully intact and fully powered. So you are gonna have this core in the middle of the board where everything is battle-ready and fully powered... but the further you go out into the ruins there is gonna be more ruins, each building in increasing levels of ruin, but sporadic signs of emergency power still being online. I also thought they'd make neat objectives... like get to the computer terminal in such and such a building... recover the data and get out. Stuff like that. I think it'll look good in the end but we'll have to wait and see. Anyway thanks man!

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #1117 on: February 20, 2017, 05:44:27 PM »
Haha, I have to admit that I was teasing you, seeing whether I could get a bite and I did!

The ruins look really cool and I totally get your plan of having an intact centre extending out into ruins. I think it will look great.

Of course, the correct answer to my question is 'Screw you Loosh! Computers look cool! Eat a dick!'. Or words to the effect!!

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #1118 on: February 21, 2017, 11:07:07 AM »
@Alienscar-The Techpriest Dominus is actually Tabletop Plus, the rest of the infantry is Tabletop Standard... here are some comparison pics...

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)
Thanks for the explanation much appreciated. I have seen commission painters on line offering various levels of finish and always wondered about the difference. As you say the difference is noticeable but I find the tabletop standard looks good. I have often thought of getting my stuff painted but whilst I am a lazy painter I am a bit of a scrooge and always cringe when I see the final price.

Your Jetbikes look phenomenal and as Irisado has said before it is strange how a seemingly flat colour scheme can look so dynamic and interesting. Your attention to detail is what lifts these models to another level and also your photography skills help a great deal as well. The dashboard that you have painted on one of the bikes is one detail that I really like as it really brings the model to life.

The building looks great and the details are finished really well, but I do have a question. If the buildings are ruined, how come all the computers still work? 😋

Joking apart when I first saw your buildings with the terminals painted to look like they were working I thought exactly the same thing as Looshkin. It goes against the status quo to have lit ruins I thought to myself. Then I thought its's your stuff so you can do what you like. And as it looks brilliant it doesn't matter that the power is magically still on in a ruin. I guess just because the building is a ruin doesn't mean that the infrastructure to supply the power has to be ruined as well.

The ruins that your brother "cobbled" together also look fantastic and I like the paint scheme. Are they all GW stuff?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 02:49:27 PM by Alienscar »
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1119 on: February 21, 2017, 02:50:02 PM »
@Looshkin- If you give me a chance to talk about my minis... chances are I'm gonna bite! lol  ;D

@Alienscar- No problem man. Yeah the comissions are never cheap. Less expensive perhaps, but never cheap. Thanks for the compliments on the minis, both the bikes and ruins. Glad you dig all the details... yep you nailed it too with the secure power lines and infrastructure etc. But only on certain buildings and not all the screens, powered bits will be operable. Anyway thanks Alienscar, appreciate your feedback!

@Everybody- BAT-REP TIME! This one is a doozy!

Eldar Vs. Imperial Guard 1500pts

Imperial Guard

Company Command Squad- Vox, 3x Plasma
Primaris Psyker
Primaris Psyker
Primaris Psyker
Veteran Squad- 3x Plasma
Veteran Squad- 3x Plasma
Veteran Squad- 3x Melta
Ogryns x3
Minostorum Priest
Manticore
Wyvern
Leman Russ- Vanquisher, Multimeltas x2, Lascannon
Sentinels x2- Lascannons x2

Eldar

Autarch- Soulshrive, Banshee Mask, Fusion Gun
Windriders x3- Scatter Lasers x3
Dire Avengers x5
     Wave Serpent- Scatter Lasers, Shuriken Cannon, Holo-Fields
Black Guardians x10
Black Storm Guardians x10- Flamers x2
Hornet- Pulse Lasers x2
-Aspect Host-
Fire Dragons x6- Exarch
Swooping Hawks x6- Exarch, Power Sword
Striking Scorpions x10- Exarch, Claw

-Corsair Allies-
Corsair Prince- Void Sabre, Shadowfield, Combat Drugs
Jetbikes x3

Mission/Deployment

Hammer and Anvil, Crusade. My brother opted to deploy second and go first. I deploy only 2 Wave Serpents, opt to Outflank with the Hornet and Scorpions, with Black Guardians in deepstrike reserve. Everything else is normal reserve. My brother deployed the Vanquisher, with Melta Vets and the unit of Sentinels on the left flank facing my Dragons, with a complex arrangment of Vets in the middle supported by double Heavy Flamer chimera to block/protect against my 9" deepstrike restrictions on my Guardians. In the far right corner the he placed the Company Command Squad and the Manticore. Protecting the right Flank was a unit Ogryns with a Priest to nab any outflankers or Jetbikes trying to sneak toward side armor on his tanks.

There are 3 objectives in my backfield, 2 in no mans land but easily grabbed by my brother.

Turn 1

Imperial Guard- The Vanquisher boldly rumbles forward with the Sentinels escorting to set up Multimelta shots later on. With that everything lets rip at the Wave Serpent containing the Fire Dragons. The Manticore, Vanquisher, Sentinels etc, doing only a single Hull Point after some good Night Fight Jink saves. The other Serpent goes ignored. With Hammer and Anvil and most of my stuff out of range or off the board its a quick turn! Some poor dice rolls my bro... not off to a good start.

Eldar- Trusting in my Jink+Holofield saves I move up 12" with my Fire Dragon Serpent in preparation for a normal move + disembarkation on the following turn. I didn't want to be too bold though and run the Serpent up the gut with those x3 Melta Vets in support of the Chimera + Sentinels (which could potentially charge). However I did turbo boost the other Serpen to a position approach the middle of the board wanting to start putting down some Scatter Laser and Shuriken Cannon fire into the side armor of some of the vehicles in the middle of the board (Wyvern and Chimera) so I could perhaps pull off some Guardian deepstrikes.

Turn 2

Imperial Guard- Things heat up! The Manticore takes a HP off the Dragon's Serpent, the Vanquisher whiffs, but then... the humble Sentinels go to work and down the Serpent! Uh, oh... Autarch, Dragons and Corsair Prince are suddenly stranded mid-board... The Wyvern then unloads on them and takes out 3 of the Dragons with the Prince and Autarch passing their saves. A single hull point is then dished out on to the Avenger's Serpent and they lose their Shuriken Cannon... I'm starting to feel the pressure!

Eldar- Reserves are rolled.... Swooping Hawks, the Laser Bikes and the Scorpions come in... but not the Guardians nor the Hornet. I use my Autarch rolls to keep the naked Wind Riders off the board. The Corsair Prince splits off from the Dragons to try and hop into the Avengers Serpent so he can get up the board... also because he's preventing the Dragons from battle-focusing. Then... the Dragons and Autarch move/run into non-melta range, shoot the Vanquisher but dont do anything. The Hawks nuke 4 Vets in the back taking out 3x Plasma in the blast... shoot up the rest of the squad dropping them to 2 or 3 guys. The Scorpions outflank in support of the Hawks and get into area terrain. Not a good riposte by the Eldar... I'm feeling the pressure still!

Turn 3

Imperial Guard- My bro knows he's got me on the ropes. But he also knows that in the middle turns... if I can make it into combat with any of his units total chaos can ensue... So he wisely goes after the Wave Serpent my Corsair Prince is attempting to embark on. Furthermore it removes an Objective Secured quick moving objective grabber from hiding out and jinking away on an objective late in game, when his big guns might by gone. He unloads and a combination of the Manticore and Vanquisher destroy the Wave Serpent. The Wyvern then unloads on the occupants, taking out the 3 of the Avengers who were able to string out quite well (I got super lucky there). Then the Vets and Company Command squad unload into the Hawks taking out all but 3 after some crazy armor saves by myself. He then tried o run the Chimera with x2 Heavy Flamers at my Scorpions but the it got immobilized going over an a rubble wall. That was tough way to end the turn.... All and all it was an ok turn, but not as punishing as he would have hoped.

[/url]

Eldar- While my brother's may not have been great... I knew I needed a very good turn or I was in deep trouble. Luckily the Guardians all came in along with my Hornet... it was very tricky deciding where to Deep Strike them, but I knew I needed to take out some high priority targets. #1 was the Wyvern... if I was gonna hold my objectives late in game, I couldn't have it dropping those ignore cover rounds on my Avengers... or stacking hits on my Jetbikes. So the Guardians and Storm Guardians attempted to pincer the middle my brothers army, with the remaining Hawks. The Scorpions were a touch behind, sort of trailing the action... but in range of assaulting the Chimera. So to begin with the Hawks leapt over a huge piece of terrain and threw a Haywire Grenade at the Wyvern stripping a Hull Point. Then the Hornet finished off the Wyvern but just barely as it was getting a cover save. The Storm Guardians battle-focused forward and took out a bunch of Vets trying to save the Hawks who were right in their cross-hairs taking out 5 of them. The Guardian Defenders than ran forward and took out a whole Veteran Squad with a good number of bladestorm hits. The Dragons who were far away... unloaded but shockingly only destroyed the Vanquisher Cannon after some dreadful rolls. Then the Scorpions assaulted the Chimera and destroyed it... while the Corsair Prince went to grab a backfield objective as did the remaining Avengers. This was a turning into a real maelstrom of a game with desperate actions being taken all over the battlefield

Turn 4

Imperial Guard- With Eldar units currently swarming their position... the Guard needed to strike back and strike back hard! The Veterans and Company Command Squad annihilated the Guardian Defenders with First Rank, Second Rank, Fire! Then the Manticore unloaded its final shell on the Avengers making for the Objective killing all but 2... which thankfully held morale. It then split fire thanks to the Engine Seer killing 4 of the Stormies with its Heavy Bolter (very neat to see it fire that thing!) A nearby Veteran Squad fired off First Rank, Second Rank, Fire! Into the Scorpions dropping 4 of them. Meanwhile the freaking Sentinels blew up the Hornet! This is madness! The Sentinels were doing work! Crazily though another Veteran Squad unloaded into the Hornets and I made an ungodly amount of saves and even avoided a bunch of Plasma shots that saw the Swooping Hawk Exarch somehow survive this brutal turn. To cap off the turn 2 of the Primaris Psykers and the Engine Seer split off from their respective squads and each individually charged the Storm Guardians who were dangerous close to the Manticore and more importantly the Company Command Squad. The Storm Guardians went berserk and hacked down the Engine Seer and one of the Psykers, but remained stuck in combat with the last Psyker... This was going CRAZY!... and it seemed my brother was going to win!

Eldar- The Eldar were reeling... after that withering hail of fire. There were huge gaps in the Guard lines... but the units who inflicted those casualties were now long gone. Also the Scorpions were now horribly out of position... with 18"+ moves to get anywhere near a decent target... which were all mutually supported by various other units. I decided to hunker them down behind the wreck of the Chimera and be content with linebreaker. Meanwhile my remaining units scrambled towards objectives... with only the Jetbikes moving into reduce a Vet Squad to about 3 guys... and also the Dragons at least sinking their fangs into the Leman Russ destroying it and putting a wound on a Sentinel (damn you Sentinels!). Also... the lone Swooping Hawk Exarch went on a headhunting mission for Warlord. He flew over the battlefield and landed in front of the CC blasting into them with his lasblaster but to no effect... he charged in... and was slain to overwatch! No! But it was a glorious effort... Meanwhile... the Storm Guardians finished off the lone Primaris Pysker and were stranded in open.... Wow this game was truly becoming legendary. What a back and forth! My brother was so pumped and so was I.... this was shaping up into a great game!

Turn 5

Imperial Guard- The IG were man-handling the Eldar... dealing vicious counter-punches to every attempt by the Xenos to take control of the center of the board. It was time to clear their lines and make for the objectives they needed to hold. So the Guardsmen who had been near the Dragons fell back fearing the wrath of the vengeful Autarch hot on their trail... and moved towards the center objective with a move and then Run! Run! Run! Meanwhile the Guardsmen nearest the Storm Guardians tried to move into position to get the Stormies before they made a bee-line after the Company Command squad which they had consolidated towards... But couldn't due to LOS blocking terrain. However the Company Command Squad decided to handle business themselves and blew away the blood-mad Storm Guardians. That was it... but it was then my brother realized I my Jetbikes were primed to go and steal the objective his Ogryns who had been hiding out of LOS the entire game were camping on. Objective Secured bikes were about to steal that objective... He needed the game to go to Turn 6 or he'd lose after such an excellently played game!

Eldar- Quick summary here... My Dragons nuked the remaining Sentinels and the Autarch killed the Primaris Psyker who had been supporting the Vanquisher, Sentinels and Vets and then consolidated 6 inches  towards the center of the board to try and eliminate the Guardsmen holding the central objectives... Then My first unit of Jetbikes moved on to the winning objective, with a second unit nearby to pounce once again should the Ogryns come out and mash them.

Turn 6

Imperial Guard- The Ogryns came wheeling out and whiffed horribly against the Jetbikes... killing only 1 of them!? What is this blasphemy?! The same Ogryns who mashed Necron Wraiths into metal filings couldn't take out these pesky Jetbikes? My brother couldn't believe it... This was the only move worth mentioning... despair was at all time high... the Eldar were going to win.

Eldar- Sensing the Imperial's despair my Autarch sought to drive the bitter dagger of defeat into their heart. He made a 6" move and then a 9" charge to clear out a whole squad of Vets in the middle of the board... setting up a further rampage on the 2 remaining Vets who were holding one of my brothers vital objectives. Then to close it out the second unit of Jetbikes moved onto the winning objective... I had 3 out of the 5 objectives plus linebreaker from the Scorpions camping out in my brother's DZ... While my brother had only 2 objectives plus First Blood for taking out the Wave Serpent... it looked like the Eldar had won... until I noticed something. Busting out the measuring tape I carefully checked the distance between the Ogryns my deployment edge... my brother had linebreaker! The game was a tie! The most glorious draw in my history of 40k...

Closing Thoughts-

Wow guys what can I say? This was one of the great games I've ever played of 40k... each of us was riveted the whole time... what a back and forth. So happy for my brother that he managed a draw after playing such a great game. It bears mentioning that he placed one of the objectives in my DZ which made the game so hard for him to win. He was thinking he'd be able to keep me pinned back there and get me at range assuming his Wyvern'd be alive at the end of the game... a mistake to be sure... but one he fought like mad to rectify. So glad it didn't lose him the game.

Anyways hope you guys enjoyed. I certainly did! Can't wait for our next match-up... it should be legendary. I might even take the IG + my Dark Angels out for a spin against my own Eldar! Stay tuned there's more to come soon!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 02:52:06 PM by Cavalier »