News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Bad Moonz  (Read 27753 times)

Offline Baron Wastelands

• Loota
  • Orks/Necrons in 6th
Bad Moonz
« on: November 28, 2011, 06:04:52 PM »
Have put some paint on my original trukk, and a squad of shoota boyz. Took some photos, but late night now, and not getting great pics, so here's a couple of teasers (bases still to be done).

I'd like to post progress of my army - I tend to paint armies from the masses of assembled but unpainted models I have, so that anyone interested can see a viable list grow alongside the painting, but I don't know if that's ok here as I don't see much of it; I've done some blogs on other forums, and as this is for the waagh, I thought it might be appropriate to do so here too, but maybe a mod could advise me. Be great if I could inspire others to paint up too, (and maybe earn some teef on the way  ;)); and I'd be happy to run a tale of X ork armies sort of thing, but it's a relatively long term project for me; not much chance of 3000pts by Christmas :)

Anyway, at the least here's some bad pics, better ones to come if, as I say, the Orks forum is the appropriate place to post them.

Yellow is the new Green . . .

Offline Crispy86

• Ork Boy
  • Time to feast!
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Marines(Nurgle), Eldar, Dark Eldar
Re: Bad Moonz
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 06:42:22 PM »
Those look awesome! What paints did you use for the skin?

Crispy
Crispy86

Offline zachay2000

• Ork Boy
  • If we don't end WAAGH, WAAGH will end us!
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 06:48:57 PM »
i like the loota as the gunner. now if only you could use the deffgun on a trukk without i being heavy!
Check out the Two Headed Geek channel on Youtube! TwoheadedGeek's channel - YouTube *Latest Video= Army Update*

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 09:01:07 PM »
Great looking bad moons...  I really like the beat up, yet cared for (by ork standards) look...  It seems like most orks drive around in rusted hulks, where your bad moons drive in gloriously tarneshed yellow! lol

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 04:33:02 AM »
They look great!  :)
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 09:41:40 AM »
Those are some good looking models, good stuff  :D

Now, to keep them where you can find them may I suggest you add those picts to your "Faces of The Waagh" post. Everyone here should have a Faces of The Waagh post (just look at the the very first sticky, up top of this forum) and you will see the secret place we have for posting the pictures of our mobs.  ;) Plus if you read the WoTW thread it is a requirement of any ork boy and above to have a FoTW post, so get er done.

Every one should have their own post, now please keep in mind that the Faces of the Waagh thread is not a place for comments, and those will promptly get the big fist of doom from a mod, so don't do it. Just post your list and pictures. Then when the appropriate time arrives, feel free to show off your work by posting the link to your Faces of The Waagh post in your reply. I assure you, there will be people asking what a Bad Mood paint job looks like  8) Not to mention that when you do something really cool, you can always post the link in the WoTW thread and tell us to go see your newest (insert name of thing here).

Good stuff, now lets see some more good stuff.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Baron Wastelands

• Loota
  • Orks/Necrons in 6th
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 03:34:55 PM »
Those look awesome! What paints did you use for the skin?

It's just black base, then knarloc green applied liberally, then 2 highlights made by mixing in white with the green in increasing amounts.

i like the loota as the gunner. now if only you could use the deffgun on a trukk without i being heavy!

I know :) A friendly opponent lets me use it as a deffgun instead of a big shoota on the trukk, as he likes the conversion . . .

Great looking bad moons...  I really like the beat up, yet cared for (by ork standards) look...  It seems like most orks drive around in rusted hulks, where your bad moons drive in gloriously tarneshed yellow! lol

Thanks, that's kind of what I'm going for - I figure bad moons can afford regular paint jobs, and if it gets too rusty, buy a new one . . .

They look great!  :)

Thanks :) As I said, pictures aren't great, models look crisper in natural light, will try and take better at the weekend.

@Skeetergod

I will post something in the faces of the waagh, of course; but I read the no comment rule, so didn't want to post pics of the army as I go, as part of the point for me is to have some discussion and feedback on the modelling/painting as I go, helps to motivate me to carry on, and I have a long job ahead :) Am determined to get some paint on my orks, and to expand the smallish unpainted army I already have, and have been playing for a while now.
I will continue to post here, then, and if anyone wants to contribute, comment, criticise, ask for guides, suggest guides, etc. then they can do so - and I will be sure to post my favourite pics up in FoTW as I go.

Offline Starzparty

• Imperial Guard Will stand Stong!! And orks?? funny
    • you have facebook account?? Join are facebook group call " Warhammer talk" and talk about ANYTHING that has do with warhammer the more people there is the funer it becomes! SO please join we need more members!
« Reply #7 on: December 1, 2011, 09:02:14 PM »
dude that so cool!!! should enter them in the gold demon next year!
"Infantry win firefights
Tanks win battles
Artillery win wars"
                    -Old saying amongst Imperial Guard artillery officers

An i agreed with it

Offline Baron Wastelands

• Loota
  • Orks/Necrons in 6th
« Reply #8 on: January 7, 2012, 08:34:40 AM »
First painted Kan is finished (except as usual for the base):

Also, I got a rhino for Christmas, and set about looting it immediately. No paint yet, but thought you might like to see the model first.

Offline zachay2000

• Ork Boy
« Reply #9 on: January 7, 2012, 12:43:45 PM »
The looted rhino is amazing where did the drills come from?
Check out the Two Headed Geek channel on Youtube! TwoheadedGeek's channel - YouTube *Latest Video= Army Update*

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #10 on: January 7, 2012, 01:28:41 PM »
As i've mentioned before, I think your Bad Moonz are incredible...  I really like the yellow, dull and orky...  and the varnished metal is spot on...  I'm interested in seeing more!

Adam

Offline enlg

• I like editing stuff.
« Reply #11 on: January 7, 2012, 04:03:52 PM »
I really like your conversions, it shows a particular kind of taste throughout the army that is very ork and logical, and the conversions all look very smooth and clean, which I like.

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
« Reply #12 on: January 7, 2012, 07:07:16 PM »
I love the looted Rhino! Does it count as a Trukk? Can't wait to see it painted up, the rest of your stuff looks great  :)
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Offline Idaho

« Reply #13 on: January 8, 2012, 01:36:33 PM »
Nice.

I've always loved the Bad Moonz, so I'm interest in such great work being done on them. I reckon you should do some Flash Gitz since they make perfect sense in an Ork list.

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #14 on: January 8, 2012, 03:15:48 PM »
I love the looted Rhino! Does it count as a Trukk? Can't wait to see it painted up, the rest of your stuff looks great  :)

One thing I love about ork models is that they can be any of the above mentioned....  I have vehicals I run as different things in different games...  For instance, my looted chimera can be a trukk, a junka, a looted wagons...  Whatever I need it to be...  It helps that I magnetize everything so it is WYSIWYG...

Adam

Offline Baron Wastelands

• Loota
  • Orks/Necrons in 6th
« Reply #15 on: January 8, 2012, 07:58:49 PM »
Thanks all for the nice comments, makes a real difference to motivation!

The looted rhino is amazing where did the drills come from?

They're just the ones from the killa kans boxes. I don't particularly like the look of them on kan arms, so I only have one on a kan.

I love the looted Rhino! Does it count as a Trukk?

Well, my intention is that it will be a looted wagon for my tankbusters (have a unit of 10 already modelled, but not yet painted). I want to use everything from the codex somewhere, and it seemed logical to me that tankbusters would loot a wagon they had "busted" themselves.

I reckon you should do some Flash Gitz since they make perfect sense in an Ork list.

Well, again I have some modelled, but only a small unit of 5; and I'm not sure they're dakka enough. I'll take some pictures at some point, so you can let me know what you think. Atm I've got some more kans at stage one, and I'm also putting paint on my green baron, and a unit of cyborked nobs. There's just so many nice models in the range; I find myself wanting to paint the stormboys too, even tho they don't see a lot of play.

Offline zachay2000

• Ork Boy
« Reply #16 on: January 9, 2012, 12:51:18 PM »
 Have you thought about getting a battlewagon and some meganobz? They would fit your bad moonz theme and be really cool to play. Nothing says your not getting this objective like a terminator version of an ork.

Offline Baron Wastelands

• Loota
  • Orks/Necrons in 6th
« Reply #17 on: January 9, 2012, 01:06:11 PM »
I have a battlewagon assembled, but it's for my burnas and my big mek . . . that's relatively near the top of my to-paint list :)  I would love some mega-nobz, but I love converting plastic and have too many injuries from the old days of converting metal, so I'm waiting with baited breath for the day they announce plastic MANZ. I've been waiting since they launched the first plastics, so I'm deluding myself that it won't be long now . . . the withdrawal of the metal figures without finecast alternatives gives me renewed hope . . . if it doesn't happen by the time I've finished painting the rest, I'll convert some from scratch, I guess.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #18 on: January 9, 2012, 03:16:14 PM »
There are plastic mega nobs, you just have to convert a little.

Step 1; go get a box of the fantasy black orks.
Step 2; loot your bit box for shootas and power klaws (or mug your local SM player and permanently borrow his terminator arms)
Step 3; glue 40k parts to the plastic bodies (if using SM termi parts they fit well at the elbow. Cut the SM part above the elbow and the ork arm below the elbow)

See some for yourself (click on picture for bigger view)
A combination of ork and SM parts

Ork and SM guns

A squad of 10 led by Mad Doc
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Baron Wastelands

• Loota
  • Orks/Necrons in 6th
« Reply #19 on: January 9, 2012, 06:43:44 PM »
Yeah, I've seen your MANZ, very creative :)
I have a large WFB Orcs army though, and I can't get past that they're black orcs for me. I think a plastic MANZ kit is top of my wishlist across all ranges right now, so I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed until arthritis sets in . . .