News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Anti americanism  (Read 19486 times)

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
Re: Anti americanism
« Reply #340 on: November 7, 2005, 04:05:30 PM »
Better? Of course not. Perfect? Yeah to be honest. The logic that the government should be destroyed or minimised beyond the point of power because it wastes money is a little self-defeating. Or self-congratulation depending on how much money you happen to have and where it comes from.
The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*

Offline TheOnlySpiral

• Keeper of the Book of Salvation; Last of the Timelords
  • Ancient
  • Returned from the Immaterium
  • Armies: Deathwing
« Reply #341 on: November 7, 2005, 06:37:58 PM »
But what Americans ask for is improvements over what they have now...which is considered sub par in many parts ot the world.  I don't think most Amwericans want perfection...just to have their social services more on par with the rest of the Western world.
Quote from: David Holland
The Point of the Game is to be Playing it.

Quote from: Devern, The Unsung Hero
Actually, it pains me to say this, but Spiral is right.

Offline Dux Aurelius Elysius

• Lord Inquisitor Tempestus; Captain Buzzkill.
  • Ancient
  • A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time.
    • The Duke's Painting Table (my painting blog)
« Reply #342 on: November 7, 2005, 06:47:12 PM »
In which case they'd need to be more accepting of Tax rises.  They already bask in lavishly low taxes in general - our health care (for what it is) comes at a price, yet raise their fuel tax and there are protests, suggest raising taxes and you run a serious gauntlet of not getting in.  If they want their Social Services so badly they need to realise it will also require other less tasteful ideas.
I carry with me an Inquisitorial Seal. It is a small, unassuming object contained in a neat box of Pluvian obsidian. It is a modest thing. Relatively plain, adorned with a single motif and a simple motto. Yet with this little object I can sign the death warrant of an entire world and consign a billion souls to Oblivion.