News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: a different aspect of warhammer 40k  (Read 366 times)

Offline spacemarineslayer

• BANNED
  • keep your weapons well and they will keep you well
a different aspect of warhammer 40k
« on: February 2, 2003, 05:31:58 PM »
hello all, i just got back from seeing the recruit, and i was thinking, wouldnt it be cool to be able to put the emphasis on spies etc... in the game.  i mean war isnt all about troops and tanks, quite a bit of it is WAY behing the scenes and i wish that some how GW could put this into play in the game.  any ideas on how i could make some house rules?
your understanding is not required mon- keigh, merely your surrender.

Offline Devern, The Unsung Hero

• I will slumber until called upon
  • Ancient
  • Look out Boys, I'm coming
Re:a different aspect of warhammer 40k
« Reply #1 on: February 2, 2003, 05:45:18 PM »
yeah, umm well Alaitoc does a nice job of that with disruption table.  I'm thinking a model/squad that can use hidden setup and infiltrate no matter what, like the Callidus(I think).  I once made an uber assassin which was very much like a harlequin but was great cause it could pop up anywhere and had an ungoldy amount of attacks that were power weapons and was insanly strong.  little unfluffy considering they were eldar...but it had a nice thing.  so create a character, or just say somethign like, one squad in your army gets to go after deployment but before turn one, gets to move shoot assualt basiclly get a free turn. that might work nicely.
Quote from: Sheep
FMG is a Swiss army knife. Always a tool, but with so many functions. And he fits right in your pocket.
I cut a hole in your head, using it as a hump-hole.[/color]
We have some messed up people here..

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
Re:a different aspect of warhammer 40k
« Reply #2 on: February 2, 2003, 06:41:44 PM »
If you want to use non-battlefield troops then you have to create campaign rules.

40k has no real campaign rules so it's up to you to create them for yourself. I've been spending ever since the 3rd edition coming up with some compatible Campaignrules and it's difficult, very difficult,  without giving one army unfair advantages.
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++