News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: RT Tourney  (Read 1704 times)

Offline Saim-Hann Corsair

• Armies: Eldar, Grey Knights
RT Tourney
« on: February 17, 2013, 08:58:51 PM »
So, I fought in a Rogue Trader tourney today. It had 40 people in it, and we each played 3 games at 1750pts.

My list was basically a Inquisitor in Terminator armor, 5 Terminators, 3 five man Strike Squads, a Purgation squad, an Interceptor squad, a Techmarine, a Dreadknight, and a Stormraven.

I ended up winning one game and losing two. The two I lost were close, and since I didn't play a single 6th edition game prior to today, I don't feel I did all that bad.

That being said, I did see some things about the GK that I need to find ways around. The main thing is having them be able to move. Footslogging sucked, and while I deep striked in the Terminators, I am not too sure I like that because of them not being able to charge that round. Also, the miss at least one turn, and at this particular tourney, you had a strict two hour slot for each game (including set-up, deploy etc). So missing out on at least one turn can be bad.

The other thing is squad size. I think 5 man squads aren't going to cut it. So, I am considering merging two of the 5 man Strike Squads into a ten man, and adding five more Termies to make that a ten man.

Any suggestion or thoughts on these things?