News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: DKOK army list help  (Read 1841 times)

Offline Jack Straw From Wichita

DKOK army list help
« on: February 2, 2012, 02:36:09 PM »
A while back I bought some DKOK stuff off ebay and I'm just getting around to messing with it.  I'm not very experienced as an IG player but this is a solid list that I believe would be a good starting point.

HQ

Lord Commissar w/h power weapon: 80pts

Quarter Master: 60pts

Troops

Infantry Platoon

PCS: 85
Commander w/h power weapon and meltabombs
4 guardsmen w/h platoon standard, vox caster and two meltaguns

Infantry Squad*: 105
Watchmaster w/h power fist and meltabombs
9 guardsmen w/h platoon standard, flamer and vox caster

Infantry Squad* 100
9 guardsmen w/h platoon standard, flamer

Infantry Squad* 100
9 guardsmen w/h platoon standard, flamer

* Combined

Infantry Squad** 80
Watchmaster w/h lasgun
9 guardsmen w/h plasma gun and vox caster

HWT w/h 3 autocannons** 80

**combined.

Infantry Squad*** 80
Watchmaster w/h lasgun

HWT w/h 3 autocannons*** 80

***combined

Infantry Squad**** 80
Watchmaster w/h lasgun

HWT w/h 3 autocannons**** 80

****combined

Enginner Squad: 70pts
Watchmaster
4 Enginners w/h vox caster and Mole Launcher

Heavy Quad Launcher 50
Heavy Quad Launcher 50
Heavy Quad Launcher 50

Medusa Siege Gun 100

This brings me to 1330 points.  The idea is to have a large group of infantry supported by the commissar and the quarter master as my main offensive force.  Each autocannon squad is combined with an infantry squad and would take out vehicles and heavy infantry.  They would also guard the artillery.  Heavily armored vehicles would be taken out by melta guns/bombs, power fists, or the medusa gun.  The quad launchers would blast away at infantry. The Engineers would find a close objective to the artillery and sit on it. 

Right now I also have 6 heavy bolter's, and 3 mortar's (smaller ones not the heavy ones).  I would like to add more to the list to bring it up to 1500 and possibly into the 1750-1850 range.  I'm not completely opposed to buying more DKOK specific weapons (weapons that are only allowed in the dkok codex) but I would like to try to keep that to a minimum as I want to eventually use the core of this army as either a DKOK siege army, or a standard DKOK themed imperial guard army.  Any thoughts, suggestions, or criticism is welcomed.  Thanks!

Anybody got any ideas at all?
« Last Edit: February 4, 2012, 11:55:12 PM by Jack Straw From Wichita »

Offline crew4man

• I say, would anyone care for a scone?
Re: DKOK army list help
« Reply #1 on: February 5, 2012, 05:41:44 PM »
I had the exact same problem with my DKOK list- no responses AT ALL.

Because of empathy, I'll take a crack at working at your list. In exchange, a glance at mine (Guns of Moltova II), would be appreciated.

1) You can only combine infantry squads.

2) Throw a commissar into the top combined squad (which will be backed up by the quartermaster). This gives you an FNP unit that is practically unbreakable. Nasty.

3) Give the engineers a drill, drop the mole launcher and the vox. Engineers are Vets and should be used behind the line to blow up something armored.

4) Drop the voxes on the three auxillery squads. You want officers to be giving the orders to the main 30 man FNP fearless deathtrap.

5) General Commisar- I highly and completely advise against this in every regard. Because every HQ is better and a regular commie does just as good. Get a CCS.

6) Back up the first Medusa with a 2nd medusa. Make sure you're getting breaching shells.

That's some basic stuff I think would work good. Maybe my list will give you some ideas.
Victory- a delicious recipe of timing, confidence, audacity, intelligence... and having more warm bodies than the other guy.

Offline Zilverscale

• Ork Boy
« Reply #2 on: February 5, 2012, 05:53:05 PM »
Most people donot have the IA books (even though this lis is free for download at the FW site)

1) You can only combine infantry squads.

Actually accoring the the FAQ for DKOK you can combine HWS and infantry platoons as long as they are from the same platoon.

2) Throw a commissar into the top combined squad (which will be backed up by the quartermaster). This gives you an FNP unit that is practically unbreakable. Nasty.

Good advice

3) Give the engineers a drill, drop the mole launcher and the vox. Engineers are Vets and should be used behind the line to blow up something armored.

4) Drop the voxes on the three auxillery squads. You want officers to be giving the orders to the main 30 man FNP fearless deathtrap.

5) General Commisar- I highly and completely advise against this in every regard. Because every HQ is better and a regular commie does just as good. Get a CCS.

6) Back up the first Medusa with a 2nd medusa. Make sure you're getting breaching shells.

Good advice.
Though the Lord Comissar does have it's uses and it's a cool model :)

PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Lt_PliskinAJ

• Captain
  • Thousands of troops one goal.
  • Armies: IG, DKOK, TAU, SM
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 07:46:24 PM »
Sorry that I don't get on this forum as much as I used to but I have played DKOK a lot. From what I see it looks like a solid blob list. I think only 2 things would make it better with out any significant changes.

1. Commissar General: DKOK already have good leadership. All officers can attempt to regroup any fleeing unit before issuing orders and they are stubborn in CC. This is the reason why I like the company command squad. I would put at least one commissar in each blob. This is for the re-roll of leadership, giving them stubborn out side of CC and upping the leadership. The extra hidden powerweapon is nice but it has a dimminishing return with multiple sgts with P.Fists. The final thing about using the Commissar General is you have a vox network setup and only a PCS that can give 1 order per turn a CCS will give you the rest of your needed orders.

2. The Platoon Standards: DKOK is still guard. We are either going to loose combat or obliterate them in the first round. Either way your stubborn in CC or you don't need them. At the point value of the standards you could re-use the 50+ points on something else. Putting in a Company Standard tho helps with re-rolls of units without a Commissar.

For the other units:

Quatermaster is awesome keep it. They make DKOK a group of badasses. If you put him central to you formation and snake your formations to get to him you should be able to give most people in your army FNP.

PCS: Giving them 2 meltas is a good plan. Its one of the few places you can put multiples of a gun. I normally advise to not give a small unit like that any CC weapons. They are still guard and will normally strike last and not get to use it when there are only 5 of them. I have commented on the standard already.

Blob one: Its a good blob. I tend to use grenade launchers on blobs because it can be kind of a challenge to get 3 flamers in the right place without toasting your own infantry (which you can't do). GLs give you that bit of flexibility and threat with almost no cost.

Blob two-three: These are also good firebase blobs. I normally do something similar with my small squad to give the autocannons survivability and vox orders.

Engineers: I can't remember off the top of my head if they can even have a vox. The mole launcher is fine if you want them to hold ground for you but you already have 2 units that are set up to do that. Maybe go for an even swap for a demo charge to really apply the pain where its needed. The if you can afford it get a drill. Its just full of awesome sauce.

Quad launchers are great. I have 2 of them an use them often. Keep them small like you have them since crews and tractors just add points to a small cheap unit.

Medusa siege gun is awesome. Good choice. Make sure you give it a free Trojan and pay the small cost of the heavy stubber so you can have a light chimera rolling around. Also with DOW games your one big gun will not have to deepstrike.

For anymore advice check my signature. I have a small write up on DKOK there and if that doesn't answer it just ask.