News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Phoenix Lord Comp - Lord of Destruction [1750]  (Read 1733 times)

Offline haunt

• Aspect Warrior | I Won the Eldar Army List Competition, and All I Got Was This Title!
  • Play and have fun.
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angel, Tyranids, Necrons and Tau
Phoenix Lord Comp - Lord of Destruction [1750]
« on: October 15, 2017, 08:01:45 PM »
I have been using this list lately and been pissing off the LGC due to it's mobility.

Lord of Destruction

Maugan Ra [xxx]
Farseer [120] Singing Spear

Wraithblades x5 [260] Ghostaxe x5, Force Shield x5
-   Wave Serpent [192] TL – AML, CTM, VE, SE, TLSC

Dark Reaper x5 w/ Exarch [174] Reaper Launcher x4, AML

Falcon [245] Pulse Laser, BL, ShurCan, CTM, VE, SE, SS
Falcon [245] Pulse Laser, BL, ShurCan, CTM, VE, SE, SS

CP: 4

Tactics: Deep Strike or Reserve; Maugan Ra in a Reaper Squad that will be emplaced center as a focus fire point inside a terrain for cover saves, Farseer in the Wraithblades
1-   Set the Falcons near the fire point for each Reaper Squad and maximize their potential with crossfires and support fires for each other.
2-   If necessary move and relocate the squad to safer vantage point for efficient unit destruction.
3-   Falcons will select vehicles or primary high threat MC.
4-   Wraithblades will be in the Wave Serpent and travel behind enemy lines for Breakthrough and possibly Warlord Points.

If you have comments on improving this list please let me know and I will check it out. Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 09:37:17 AM by haunt »
This is where Death rejoices, as he teaches the living.

Hoc est ubi mors gaudet, quod ipse docet vivis.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline Bego

• Armies: Eldar
Re: Phoenix Lord Comp - Lord of Destruction [1750]
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 10:53:19 AM »
Looks like a fun list to play, although the price of Falcons hurts a little bit. Don't have any suggestions without harming the initial idea of the list. You would need points to make adjustments and I guess this necessarily would mean to reduce the Reapers/Falcons, which are the base of the list.

I believe if your opponent finds a way to kill the Reapers it's quickly over. Otherwise, if he has to take their fire for 2-3 rounds they can ruin his army as well.

I've got one question though. You mention Deep Strike or Reserve as tactics. If I'm not mistaken you can't use any of that in 8th edition with these units. Or did I miss something?

Offline haunt

• Aspect Warrior | I Won the Eldar Army List Competition, and All I Got Was This Title!
  • Play and have fun.
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 11:00:29 PM »
Good catch on the Deep Strike / Reserve tactics, I left it there, since I last used it in a Planetary Assault mission and opponents were mad due to reapers range and all those high strength weapons v flyers was unfair. Oh, the wave serpent can use a Shuriken Cannon for the chin mount rather than a TL - Shuriken Catapult, all up to the person which would increase the points cost by 2 total.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 11:02:24 PM by haunt »

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Aeldari
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 06:56:46 AM »
Interesting list, I don't think falcons are that competitive currently, because 3 serpents could accomplish anything the 2 falcons can, and still stick around a bit longer.

Having a unit of reapers along with Ra as the only foot units would paint a huge crosshair on them and they are not that durable even in cover.

The dark reapers could be split into smaller units to get more exarches, and you would even save points if you keep giving them AML's. This may make them less favored by farseer powers though, but you could consider taking a spiritseer instead, and (s)he could ride with the wraiths.

I also find it that the list has a good amount of anti-tank and anti multiwound units, it lacks a lot against light infantry, taking swords rather than axes on the wraiths would be preferable with so many reapers around IMO.

I think there is some room to improve this list, consider it. :)

« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 06:58:19 AM by Fenris »
Ego in propria persona, non compos mentis.

Offline haunt

• Play and have fun.
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 09:44:40 AM »
Ooh, good advise it's prolly why I was having a struggle to some list. Lets try it this way.

Lord of Destruction (Supreme Command + Spearhead)

Maugan Ra [xxx]
Spiritseer [xx]
Spiritseer [xx]
Spiritseer [xx]
Spiritseer [xx]

Wraithblades x5 [xxx] Ghostswords x5
-   Wave Serpent [xxx] TL – AML, ShurCan, CTM, VE, SE

Dark Reaper x5 w/ Exarch [xxx] Reaper Launcher x4, AML
-   Wave Serpent [xxx] TL – AML, ShurCan, CTM
Dark Reaper x5 w/ Exarch [180] Reaper Launcher x4, AML
-   Wave Serpent [xxx] TL – AML, ShurCan, CTM
Dark Reaper x6 w/ Exarch [xxx] Reaper Launcher x5, AML

CP: 5

Tactics: Maugan Ra in the big Reaper Squad that will be emplaced center as a focus fire point inside a terrain for cover saves, Spiriteer in each squad
1-   Set the Wave Serpents near the fire point for each Reaper Squad and maximize their potential with crossfires and support fires for each other.
2-   If necessary move and relocate the squad to safer vantage point for efficient unit destruction.
3-   Wave Serpents will select vehicles or primary high threat MC.
4-   Wraithblades will be in the Wave Serpent and travel behind enemy lines for Breakthrough and possibly Warlord Points.
5-      Ability of the spiritseer all over in case the Wraiths has to redeploy somewhere else.

Thanks for that advise, this should annoy my friends even further,  :D.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline MechTau

• Eldar for the Eldar God!
  • Armies: Tau, Eldar
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 12:53:22 AM »
the true Lord of Destruction is Fuegan!

I think this list would struggle against any army with Troops selections if it had to take/hold an objective.

Offline haunt

• Play and have fun.
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 04:25:55 AM »
Lol, you're correct, I had Fuegen in the paper original list prior to me rehashing the points along with several Fire Dragons. I removed him and replaced him with a few things afterwards along with not bothering to change the list name. :)

You may have a point in holding objectives with troops, but will it really matter if your enemy is all mowed down and dead? Or unable to hold the objectives due to them not having any troops. :D

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline MechTau

• Eldar for the Eldar God!
  • Armies: Tau, Eldar
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 02:45:28 PM »
Sure, yea, if you can table him, you win.

My friends who have been playing this edition say that games tend to be close, both people have models on the table.

Offline haunt

• Play and have fun.
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 03:46:02 PM »
Sure, yea, if you can table him, you win.

My friends who have been playing this edition say that games tend to be close, both people have models on the table.

Honestly, I am not the ONLY person who makes a list without troops and I am sure of it. I hope you aren't really having no faith in what it can do? I will be using this new version of the list this weekend.  ;D

I didn't say YOU can table people with it, although the possibility is there.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat