News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500pts Mix!  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Joekle

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
1500pts Mix!
« on: September 12, 2012, 04:42:23 PM »
HQ
Archon Huskblade soul trap shadow field combat drugs 145

Heavy Support
Ravager
Ravager
Talos chainflails haywire blaster
325pts heavy support total

Elites
4x Trueborn 4x blaster Venom 163

Fast Attack
6x Reavers 2xheat lance 156

Troops
10x Warriors Dark Lance 115
10x Warriors Dark Lance 115
10x Wracks 2x liquefier gun Raider 180
7x Wyches Hek Venomblade Raider (Archon in here) 145
8x Wyches Hek Venomblade Raider 155
1499pts

The Plan
The idea is to set the warriors up in cover (and objectives hopefully) and then have them sit and fire the DLs each go until an enemy comes in rapid fire range, The Archon, wyches and the wracks charge straight at the largest concentration of units going flatout (so 30") in the first turn and then disembark/get popped in turn 2/opponents turn one. The Reavers turboboost and bladevane on the first turn then pop vehicles in subsequent turns. Ravagers pop vehicles, Trueborn go 12" snapshot (if in range) then flat out in turn one, so that in subsequent turns they can pop vehicles. Finally the Talos moves up behind the raiders arriving to support combat on turn 3? and helps pop vehicles on the way.

I've only played 2 games of 6th edition and the trouble I've had is not enough dark lances but I dont want to put 3 ravagers in the list! So I've made this list with a few alternatives to Ravager spam in total it has 18 heavy weapons (heavy in terms of can take down vehicles not heavy in actual game terms) Dark lances 11, Heat lances 2, Blasters 4, Haywire Blasters 1.

Comments and suggestions welcome :D
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 11:05:53 AM by Joekle »

Offline Khira'lyth

• Archon
  • I *LOVE* EO and 40K.ca
Re: 1500pts Mix!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 07:05:14 PM »
A lot of solid choices (and by that, I mean things that I use, at least).

Note that Wracks, without a Heamy, are not troops.

I recently started taking a blob o' warriors with a Heamy as a "survivable" unit.  Actually makes them pretty hard to push out of cover.  If you dropped one of the warrior squads, you could afford a heamy (60-65 points), bulk out the warriors a tad (13-15 bodies), and still have some points for some useful upgrades (PGL's for Defensive Grenades on Wyches, extra SC on Venom).

4 scoring units at 1500 isn't terrible, and you have a fair bit to draw attention away from them.

Khira'lyth

Offline Ludo

• Why, you ask. Why not?
  • Armies: Marines, Flesh Tearers, Dark Eldar, Guard, Tau
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 04:56:55 PM »
  One of the best things about Dark Eldar is we are highly maneuverable.  You've taken a number of static and slow units which would hurt the list.  The warriors are on foot aren't going to do you much good if terrain is limited or if they have to move to objectives.  The talos is also a slow moving MC without an invul.

I would recommend dropping the talos and one squad of warriors and purchasing a raider and a haemonculus. This should leave you with 130 points still to play around with.  You could drop a wych from each squad and buy a razorwing or beef up your reavers and kit your haemonculus. I would also find a way to fit haywire grenades into your wyches.
Smurf Hero Extrodinaire

Offline Joekle

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 07:48:19 AM »
Played the list a couple of days ago and it worked like a dream! I was lucky and got a 6 on my combat drugs roll though,
Thanks for the comments, I think with 3 raiders a venom a squad of jetbikes and 2 ravagers my list has enough maneuverability. I mean you've basically just said that everything in the army bar one squad should be on a raider or flying..... Anyway I do agree that a Haemie would be a good improvement because that extra pain token for the warriors was invaluable in my last game but there are 2 problems im trying to work through

1. I can happily lose one of the warrior squads to fit the Haemie in so long as I can pick up another dark lance or anti tank gun somewhere else (not haywire grenades though I'm against assaulting a vehicle and then standing around in the aftermath to be shot at by everything) so where do I get the anti tank gun is problem one
2. Where to put him? I mean the Haemie gives his pain token to the warriors and then what? If I pick him up with the wyches they lose fleet, if I pick him up with the wracks they have to drop down to 9 models and lose a liquifier gun.

Suggestions?

Offline Khira'lyth

• Archon
  • I *LOVE* EO and 40K.ca
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 10:44:16 PM »
I actually just leave mine with the Warriors.  Two reasons...

a) Overwatch.  A large-ish unit throwing that many poison shots is going to cause a few wounds on whatever comes at you.  Now at a handful of variable Ap hits?  That's something that can put a damper in a charge.

b) Regrouping.  Characters (of the independent sort) mean that a  unit can pretty much always regroup on full Leadership - this means that even when nigh decimated, my scoring unit is going to (likely) stick around to keep scoring.

Khira'lyth