News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Big Mek help?  (Read 460 times)

Offline Khaines Fury

• It's notthe size of your Fwoosh it's howyou use it
Big Mek help?
« on: May 10, 2005, 07:53:15 PM »
Hello all i was thinking of putting a big mek into my speed freak army instead of the traditional warboss and i was wondering if this was a good idea and if so what should i equip him with. thanx in advanced
p.s. its 500pts
I trust dishonest men, and distrust honest men, cause you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, its the honest ones you have to watch out for cause you never know when they might do something incredibly stupid

Offline Ranger Astheria

• Formerly 'Ranger of Alaitoc'
  • Ancient
  • Holding onto a thread of hope...
    • Realm of Runes
Re: Big Mek help?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 09:41:42 PM »
A Big Mek with a Kustom Force Field is always a good choice if you're going to mount him, especially in a Battle Wagon.  However in such a small game I would advise against him as the bonuses that he grants over a Warboss can't come into true fruition in such a small game.  Stick with the Warboss would be my advice, but as you move the army up in points definately add in a Big Mek.

Click my banner to visit Realm of Runes for all your WFB needs!

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
  • Orks is never beaten. only banned
    • Tellyport to the Ork Board Now
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 11:25:33 PM »
When I spring for a Mek, I like to give him the Forcefield, the Toolkit, and plenty of Grot Assistants.  These can be handy.  I played a 400-pt Combat Patrol where my army had one of these badboyz... plus 3 Killer Kans and also all the boyz I could get.  I marched up the field with the Kanz in front and the Mek right behind.  The Forcefield was big enough to cover my whole army.  My opponent was practically crying when every time he immobilized a Killer Kan I would just fix it!  Although it doesn't always work, this time it did for me - the Kanz eventually busted through his battle-lines, killing all, and the Boyz arrived next to clean up the remaining resistance.

The Mek cost a lot, but if you can find ways to use him like this, it pays.  100 points to improve the saves for a whole unit of Boyz can be a good investment.  Not quite sure how he could be used for Freeks, tho.  Ideas?
BANNED - because spamming catches up with you in the end.  Especially someone who uses a school server to host Orks and loli.

Orks iz BEST cause we were made to FIGHT and WIN

Offline Pointy Doom

• I am not a lamma....I am a free man!!
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 03:09:52 AM »
putting him your warboss's battle wagon or trukk is always a good idea, ;)
a hull down battle wagon with a 6+inv save can survive most anything.
"Doom shall come to ye! In all manner of nasty pointy bits!"
-Tim the enchanter-

Time is but an illusion. Luchtime doubly so.