News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500 pt fun list .  (Read 575 times)

Offline Evil_Toast

• Lazerous Penguin
  • All glory to the Hypnotoad .
1500 pt fun list .
« on: January 13, 2010, 08:53:34 AM »
From next week onwards I will have some time to kill , and I've decided that instead of lazing on the beach trying beslubbering hard to forget what snow is , it would be a good time to get my Cyber Germans off the back burner . So , a fun list is in the works , with some hopefully good tips from the IG board to prevent me from inadvertently buying the guard equivalent of Sister Repentia .

HQ

1) Lord Commissar - Power Weapon , Carapace (90)
2) As 1 (90)                                                                   [180]

Troops

1) Veterans - Grenadiers , 3 x Melta guns , Power Weapon (140)
2) As 1                                                                                  (140)
3) As 1                                                                                  (140)
4) Veterans - Grenadiers , 3 x Flamers , Power Weapon      (125)           

2 x Chimeras                                                                         (110)     [655]

Fast Attack

1) 2 x Valkyries - 2 x Multiple Rocket Pods                            (260)
2) Vendetta                                                                           (130)
3) 2 x Hellhounds - 2 x Smoke Launchers                              (270)             [660] 

1500 pts

Was toying with the idea of dropping a Hellhound for a stock Leman Russ ( some extra fiddling would be required , but you get the idea ) .

Also , would like to point out the Vets keep their Carapace armour no matter what . I still have arousing dreams of the Krieg Stormtroopers I got  :-X ...  The rest is yours .   
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 11:38:33 AM by Evil_Toast »
Models painted 2011 . 2010 in brackets .
Infantry : 0 (32)
Large Infantry : 0 (9) 
Bikes/Jetbikes : 3 (0)
Walkers/MC's : 0 (5)
Tanks : 0 (4)
Large Tanks : 0 (0)

Last unit painted : 3 Eldar Jetbikes
Screw it, I give up.

Offline Captain Krash

• Yarrick's biographer
  • Captain Krash
Re: 1500 pt fun list .
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 10:08:43 AM »
This indeed does seem like a very "in your face" guard list. And looks like a ton of fun to play. I would agree in dropping the hell hound for a classic LRBT. If not only to give your opponent something else to shoot other than your Valks.

I would also say drop the Master of ordnance. 2d6 scatter just isn't that useful and that's only if you hit! That and he has to remain stationary. With your army already being as fast as it is. Just seems to me like a waste of points. Unless your going for cool fluff reasons. By all means take it. No arguing there.

If you do decide to drop him, I would recommend including ether 2 bodyguards for the much added CC. Or perhaps a Officer of the fleet it can really put a damper on your opponents plans.

I see no other issues with the list. I would like to hear how it works.

Warm regards.

Krash
Incantation of Purity
May my flesh, blood, and bones stay pure,
May my holy aura repel the unclean,
And may I stay true to the Imperial Creed
- The Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer

Yarrick's biographer

url="http://www.templecon.org/"][/url

Offline Azgard

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 02:26:15 PM »
I would agree, if you are willing Drop the master of ordanance. I have had little to no success with him. Then you can use the points to upgrade one hellhound to a LRBT. Which while being heavy can still keep up with your army, cause it can move and shoot + very long range cannon.

I would also recommend giving a couple of your vet sergents power fists instead of power swords if you can afford it.

Looks like it would be preatty fun to play, A very fast IG army. youll deffinatly want to use that smoke though if your flyers are comming in outflank, force them to shoot at your russ, which is very hard to kill in the first turn or two.

Offline Paraplegic

• Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 08:32:21 AM »
TBH I've never really seen a reason to take the HB turret on the chimera unless you play alot of orks/nids/tau and even than I'd rather have the higher str of the Multilaser. For your flamer vets, Multilaser + HF would be my suggested chimera configuration. HF helps you thin out hordes/troops in cover and the ML lets you tag enemy vehicles when presented the opprotunity.

Offline Evil_Toast

• Lazerous Penguin
  • All glory to the Hypnotoad .
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 11:45:25 AM »
Have modified the list with some new ideas .

I would also recommend giving a couple of your vet sergents power fists instead of power swords if you can afford it.

Something I did think of , but from a WYSIWYG point it could be problematic . Not sure of the 40K scene back home so I may not get a powerfist/s . And being to late to try get one here before I fly , means for now I will stick with swords .

TBH I've never really seen a reason to take the HB turret on the chimera unless you play alot of orks/nids/tau and even than I'd rather have the higher str of the Multilaser. For your flamer vets, Multilaser + HF would be my suggested chimera configuration. HF helps you thin out hordes/troops in cover and the ML lets you tag enemy vehicles when presented the opprotunity.

Oops , my bad . First time I've given Guard a proper look at with the new Codex , so still had the Chimera must buy free guns thing stuck in my head  . So the Heavy Bolters were hull mounted .

Some good ideas , keep them coming !
Models painted 2011 . 2010 in brackets .
Infantry : 0 (32)
Large Infantry : 0 (9) 
Bikes/Jetbikes : 3 (0)
Walkers/MC's : 0 (5)
Tanks : 0 (4)
Large Tanks : 0 (0)

Last unit painted : 3 Eldar Jetbikes
Screw it, I give up.

Offline Lt_PliskinAJ

• Captain
  • Thousands of troops one goal.
  • Armies: IG, DKOK, TAU, SM
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 03:16:27 PM »
Well if you drop both hellhounds you can take a stock russ and a devil dog.