News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Tale of Three, Formerly Four, Gamers  (Read 8268 times)

Offline Bassiecore

• Ork Boy
  • Insert generic quote here
Re: Tale of Three, Formerly Four, Gamers
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2012, 10:43:54 AM »

That's right folks, the banner means an update :D

It's been a while since i did one of these so this will be a long one.

First up, my second strike squad:

now with 10 men... not that that helps against those $*&"ing long fangs :P. These have been done for a while now, i just havent had time to take the pics.

My Terminators :D. These took a day to paint and rewarded me in their first game by dying horribly to bolter fire -_- Hopefully they did not start as they meant to go on!

Their ride, the Land Raider. This is the first space marine vehicle i have ever painted and i think it turned out ok :). In contrast to it's occupants, it performed admirably in it's first game, vaporising some grey hunter special weapon bearers and blowing a defiler into little tiny pieces :)

My current army shot. This is nearly done now, just some Interceptors, a dreadknight and an assassin to go.

And now to derail. I would like to take a moment to talk about the new psychic powers from the main rule book. Specifically those in the Divination lore, and more specifically Misfortune and Prerecognition. When combined with the power that gives a unit a 4++ invuln save this little combo on a mastery level 3 libby is *nasty* and i would urge people not to use this combo. Ever.

Further derailment!
I recently decided to do something about the large box full of old tactical marines i had sitting around. 2 days later i have this:

These are my heresy-era Word Bearers, set between the Istvaan dropsite massacare and the seige of Terra. They use the Chaos Space Marine Codex, but can be used with the Codex: Space Marines in order to serve as allies to the Thousand Sons.
The guy at the front is Kor Pheron, but fear not, Erebus is in the works ;)

Until next time.

Bassiecore

Offline TheFalcon

• 6th ed... for making OJ cry
  • Armies: Space Wolves, C:SM, CSM, Orks, DE
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2012, 11:05:31 AM »

Right time for a more proper update from the Space Wolf player. Anyho after spending 2 days of almost none stop painting I have completed enough space wolves to bring my total up to just short of 1800 pts of which include (Special thanks to bassie for painting the wolf lord and terminator retinue)

Wolf Lord with dual wolf claws
Runepriest with dual bladed staff
4 Thunder hammer storm shield terminators including Arjac rockfist
chainfist and assault cannon terminator
4 terminators with powerfists and storm bolters to be split off to join other squads

10 Grey hunters with 2 plasma guns plaspistol and power sword

15 Bloodclaws with 2 plasmaguns plasma pistol and power sword

and to finish off
the 6 HATED longfangs :D with 3 plasma cannons, 2 lascannons and a powersword

Fluff will come when i can think of it better
To be joining the army will be a drop pod and a second squad of grey hunters which may/maynot be painted as marines molevolent just to piss off the salamanders.

Now to leave on my new theme tune (again thanks to bassie)
Laser is red
Plasma is Blue
These are my Longfangs
Sucks to be you
XD
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 11:49:49 AM by TheFalcon »
6th ed, for making OJ cry

Offline Lord Voldemort

• It's hip to be square.
  • Armies: Iron Warriors, Night Lords, Death Guard, IG
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2012, 04:40:46 PM »
You might think I'm crazy, but I don't even care,
because I can tell what's going on…
It's hip to be square!

Zuko grinned behind his helmet as the sons of Lorgar drew closer. He flexed the Power fist affixed to his left arm instinctively, feeling the servos stretching. His Plasma Pistol was warm to the touch, red energy blaring out. He’d always hated the Urizen’s legion, always considered them the weakest of all Eighteen Astartes brotherhoods, even more than the Imperial Fists or Dark Angels. Now, he was going to prove it.
As they drew closer, Zuko took in the detail of their armour. Crimson, and bedecked with horns and sigils that hurt the eye to look at. Ah, these then were the Gal Vorbak, the ‘Blessed Sons’ of the Seventeenth. Zuko didn’t know what made them so blessed, but if they bled, he could kill it. At their head advanced an imposing figure, clad in terminator plate and clutching a maul that seemed to throb with malice. Kor Phaeron, the Master of the Faith. Interesting.
The Word Bearers had nearly reached them. Zuko’s blood ran hot as he aimed his pistol, the bolters of his squad snapping to attention behind him. For the Warsmith and the Primarch, he’d do his duty….
It was all Zuko could do not to scream in frustration as the marines ran straight past the Iron Warriors, to the wounded Wolf Lord behind them.
Zuko folded his arms and sighed as he watched the duel between Phaeron and the Space Wolf unfold. The rest of his squad looked around at one another in confusion, the Icon Bearer, brother Kravix, leaning in to Zuko and covering one side of his vox grille with a gauntleted hand.
“Urm…sir…it happened again.”
Zuko nodded glumly, before holstering his pistol and turning away. He made a beckoning motion with his Power Fist.
“Come on lads, the pub won’t be closed yet. First round’s on me.”
As the rest of the squad moved on to much cheering and back slapping, Zuko felt his shoulders slump. He moved to catch up with them, only giving one look over his shoulder at the other marines. His brow furrowed.
“I am a threat…”

That there was a little bit of fluff from last battle, which incidentally the Iron Warriors won, using the age old Chaos tactic of outnumbering two armies that had already weakened each other. Because remember kids-I don’t have to be good to have fun.

Anyway, I’ve one new (unpainted…bite me) new squad to show yousa guys, so I guess I’ll do that. If it wasn’t obvious from last post’s conclusion, they’re Termies, and at the moment are my only viable option for killing the masses of Termies I’ll no doubt be facing. We all have a 2+ save squad in our armies now, but me and Bassie don’t have TH/SS Termies, and thus are still in possession of our souls….well, he might be. I sold mine to Chaos long ago. Which is okay, because it’s fluffy.

Ehhhh. Pictures.

This is, without a doubt, the most spastically equipped Terminator squad ever. Of all time. I went with what looked good, rather than what was good. Will that come back to bite me? You know it will…

(They rock 2 Chainfists, 2 Axes, 1 twin LC, and an autocannon, if you’re interested.)

Well, that’s about it for today. I’m not feeling particularly well, and it’s lateish. Plus, I’ve got Inception recorded. So, until we meet again, Iron Within!

…eh, you know the rest by now.

(Oh, and one last thing…
which may/maynot be painted as marines molevolent just to piss off the salamanders.

Ha.
Ha ha.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!)

Offline Bassiecore

• Ork Boy
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2012, 08:21:12 PM »

Two game reports for y'all today:

Game One: Salamanders vs Word Bearers @ 1k.
The veil between realities grew thin in the air upon the ship's bridge. The Dark Apostle, First Chaplain Erebus stepped through the rift, his helmet cradled under one arm, a spider web of cracks radiating from a hole in the centre where the filthy servant of the False Emperor had struck him. However, Erebus' face was twisted, not in pain but in an evil smile. His acolytes stepped through the rift after him bearing the defiled corpses of the enemy's once fine warriors. Firedrakes, the terminator armoured elite of the heathen Salamanders. Erebus and his Brothers had fought valiantly that day, despite casualties inflicted upon Erebus' warriors by the Salamanders' fearsome weaponry. Especially the Flamestorm Cannons mounted on their Land Raider. Erebus smiled again as he pictured the smoking wreck Kol Baroth had left on the battlefield. He made a mental note to consider the Aspiring Champion for promotion.
Erebus had been busy at that point. The Firedrakes had entered the fight then, and had engaged Erebus. Lambs to the slaughter. Of course, Erebus had become distracted then, orginising his acolytes as they gathered the remains of the enemy, and that had allowed the Salamander Sargent to suckerpunch him.
Word on the vox-net had it that Kol Baroth had seen Erebus fall, and taken it upon himself to engage the Salamander in an epic duel to the death...

Some hilights:
- salamander land raider vaporising 8 marines from one squad and 5 from another in one turn. Bloody Machine Spirit.
- Erebus (Chaos Sorcerer) charges a tactical squad, accepts the challange from the sarge... Triple one to hit. Yeah. Then he died.
- 5 possessed loosing to 5 scouts in CC. I mean they killed four of em but still.
= 3 rhinos with CSM squads inside had a little shooting war with a tactical squad in a building. 1 plasgunner killed himself, but a few tacs died.
= 5 Tacs with one Sarge vs 5 CSMs with one Champion had a single combat for 8 rounds of combat. Ended with 2 tacs surviving. The Sarge and the Champion managed 6 rounds on their own in a challenge, either missing or rolling ones to hit:

Not set up at all. First round, the Sally charges and... 3 ones to wound.
+ Erebus killed a Termie Libby and a Termie Sarge in two sucessive challenges.
+ One CSM killed two TH/SS termies in close combat :D Double ones for armour saves!
+ Last Combi-Melta shot i had available blew up the Land Raider!

Best Game Ever.

Game two. Thousand Sons vs Space Wolves @ 750:
Howls filled the night air, Kalliston and his squad blinked to clear their eyesight from the aftermath of the teleport flare. Bloodied corpses littered the battlefield. A horde of Wolf initiates lay in a heap around the fallen forms of the Scarab Occult while the bodies of the Space Wolf tactical squad and heavy weapon detatchment lay strewn around the bullet ridden ruins that Kalliston had materialised in. Looking to the west he saw the cause of the commotion. The last survivng Space Wolves - their Terminator Armoured "Wolf Guard" had arrived and were making their presence felt, massacaring the remains of Sektoth's squad of Disk Riders. Kalliston smiled as he felt the tell-tale buzz of imminent teleportation, his second squad of reinforcements appearing behind the Space Wolves. A curt nod of his head was all the invitation his warriors needed. They opened fire.

Hilights:
+ Space Wolves almost lost on turn two. Only the luck of a single terminator making both of his 5++ invuln saves kept the Space Wolves in the game long enough for help to arrive.
+ Interceptors absolutly rock. Zapped themselves across the board on turn 1, shot up some Long Fangs and made them flee.
- The Blood Claws survived a Terminator assault, ran, rallied and recharged. Their charge bonus allowed them to kill all the termies :(
- No Psychic Shenanigans. The enemy had a Rune Priest.

That's all for now folks. Expect a Kson related update in the next few days though!

Bassie

Offline Dralith

• never say dice
  • Armies: Craftworld Bionerath and Badtoof's Moonstompas
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2012, 02:43:42 AM »
This blog is really growing on me. I like your style.
And Oromë loved the Quendi, and named them in their own tongue Eldar, the people of the stars.

Offline Bassiecore

• Ork Boy
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2012, 03:15:10 PM »

Yes, i know it has been a long time since i posted here but i have an excuse. I have recently started at university and have been busy setting up my new room and other generic real life things. This is also going to be one of my final posts in this thread due to the fact that, with the latest additions to the 1ksons having been finished, the army stands a mere 3 models away from completion. That isnt to say that i wont be continuing to add more in future, merely that the army list i drew up for the Tale will be 100% built and painted :D

Now, pictures!

My final Terminator. In higher point games, the Thousand Son terminators will be acting as Grey Knight Paladins, with the Wolf Guard allies i showed earlier on the thread acting as regular terminators. Yes, i know, it's heresy but it's justfied in the fluff. Honest  8)

These are my Counts As interceptor marines. The concept is based off of the descriptions of disk riding warriors in the books A Thousand Sons, and Prospero Burns. Possibly my favourite unit in the army so far.

My scratchbuilt Techmarine. He is made from 100% bitz box parts and is a late addition to the army as i realised that my long-range anti-tank was lacking. Plus, who doesn't love Lance Strikes?

Finally, my Contemptor Dreadnought :D This was my absolute favourite model of the army to build and paint, and i think i did a pretty good job. Armed with two DCCW and plasma blasters, he will either form part of an allied detachment or Counts As a Dreadknight.

So, what's next?
- Dreadknight Conversion from the tomb kings Sphinx model
- Vindicare Assassin
- Ahriman!

On a related note, i managed to aquire this:

earlier this week and have a slight problem deciding what to do with him.

Either A) use him for the Dread-Sphinx's "handler" directing the beast from it's base
Or B) do some minor conversions and have him Counts As Cortez in order to add some Spireguard and Mechanicus "Henchmen" into the army in future

Let me know what you think. And that includes you guys that are part of the Tale too.

Until next time.

Bassie.

Offline Awfully Dandy

« Reply #26 on: October 4, 2012, 04:40:00 PM »
Hey, great topic, thanks for posting Bassiecore.

Just a quick question, will you be using the Forgeworld Horus Heresy rules for the 1k sons when they come out?

Offline TheFalcon

• 6th ed... for making OJ cry
  • Armies: Space Wolves, C:SM, CSM, Orks, DE
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2012, 12:24:10 PM »
Hello
Just a quick update from the space wolves. The army is nearly finished. It now includes an aditional Space wolf grey hunters unit, 3 custodes and constantin valdor (grey knight paladins and kaldor drago), and 3 thunderwolves. I will atempt to get a picture up of them soon but I need to get my camera fixed.
However, since the rules of this tale says you can't include a post without a picture:

:P haha bassie
6th ed, for making OJ cry