News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Unwashed Masses Genestealer Cult  (Read 4973 times)

Offline Da Pittman

• You Are Biomass
    • Electric Cog Design
Unwashed Masses Genestealer Cult
« on: February 13, 2009, 10:02:05 AM »
So I wanted some opinions on this idea, I've been trying to come up with some good ideas for my unwashed masses (Brood Initiates) for my Genestealer cult and couldn't really find anything by GW that really gives this feel.  So I was thinking of using other model lines and getting gangs, thughs, mercs and civilians and others to make this unit.  I think that it would make a better look to have all sorts of different models from different walks of life to represent this, so what do you feel about using non GW models?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 10:03:15 AM by Da Pittman »

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re: Unwashed Masses Genestealer Cult
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 10:11:27 AM »
I don't think any casual player will object to this, but a lot of tournaments will refuse you entry unless you play with 100% GW minis. So it is all about where you intend to have them fight, I suppose.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Da Pittman

• You Are Biomass
    • Electric Cog Design
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 10:21:04 AM »
I don't think any casual player will object to this, but a lot of tournaments will refuse you entry unless you play with 100% GW minis. So it is all about where you intend to have them fight, I suppose.
Well since it is a BOLS list and not official GW list I never expected to be playing it in a tournament.  I'm just playing this for fun and to put a little spice in my games.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 10:26:13 AM »
Then I doubt anyone would ever have an issue with it. I have loads of non-GW models in my armies, and most of the time peopel just go "crikey - that's pretty - whazzat?"

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Blue Orphen

• Bellus bellum gratia. Mortui non dolent.
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 01:44:42 PM »
Did someone say "unwashed hordes"?

GW does make some:  Empire Flagellants.  And they're plastic!

Offline Da Pittman

• You Are Biomass
    • Electric Cog Design
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 01:55:11 PM »
Did someone say "unwashed hordes"?

GW does make some:  Empire Flagellants.  And they're plastic!

(Image removed from quote.)
I was already looking at them but that would be a whole lot of conversion to give them laspistols even if I had that many.  The other thing that I'm looking for is some variety in their look like they come from all walks of life.

Offline Lucky_Jackal

• I feel akword
  • "What can I say? It's not my cup of tea."
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 08:11:02 PM »
Foundry makes 28MM "Street Violence" Figures.

http://www.thewarstore.com/foundry28mmstreetviolence.html

The line has everything from Swat Teams, Mobsters (Of Italian, American and Japaneses variety), Gang Bangers, Civilians, The A Team, Skin Heads, Slashers, Cops, Hooks, S&M "cults", and every off the wall out there underside of humanity that ever existed or was ever dreamed off.

I do not know how they would stack up next to GW's 28MM Heroic. But may work. (I been thinking of useing real 28mm for gaurd's men, what why the SM will acculy be taller then my gaurdsmen! >__O )

All figures are pewter and in packs of 5 for $19. Also scroll down to the bottem and grab the rules for the game anyway. The rules are a free PDF they E-Mail to you, and since you will have all of these modles, might as well try out the wanabe Necromuda game they go to.

XD

Also if you like/don't mind the scale of the modles, cheek out the "STREET VIOLENCE MOB [50 models]" 50 modles for $150. This deal saves you $40 compared to buying them all separately.

After writeing this up, I found this web sight. http://www.weetoysoldiers.com/wp/?page_id=183.

For a scale shot of the foundery Street vilonce modles, here are some scale shots.
http://www.weetoysoldiers.com/compare/2006-05-16_G3_08869_1000x474.jpg

A cheeper option is the Pig Iron. There thows guys who make the heads but they have a minature line, a Pack of 5 for $15 (and comes with 5 extra heads.)

These will be the same size as a gaurd's men. Thow I think the Foundry Street Violence figures are exactly what your looking for.

Edit: Copplestone also has two lines witch will intest you.
Future Wars:
http://www.thewarstore.com/FutureWars.html
(Partisans, Scavengers, Citizen Militia, Sweaty Mercenaries, and Bikers I would like to point out.)

And the limited 1930's Ganster Lines you could mix in.
http://www.thewarstore.com/Gangsters.html

And here is the money shot:
http://www.weetoysoldiers.com/compare/2006-05-02_G3_08799_1000x487.jpg

I very much think the "Partisans" and "Partisan Fighters" would work very nicely for civilian millita.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 08:59:05 PM by Lucky_Jackal »

Offline Da Pittman

• You Are Biomass
    • Electric Cog Design
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 08:49:37 PM »
WOW, thanks for that great info.  The size pics are just awesome and I have already ordered some of the Future Wars ones but I love the Foundry ones and will flush out my models just the way that I'm looking for.  Thanks again.

Offline Lucky_Jackal

• I feel akword
  • "What can I say? It's not my cup of tea."
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 09:04:00 PM »
WOW, thanks for that great info.  The size pics are just awesome and I have already ordered some of the Future Wars ones but I love the Foundry ones and will flush out my models just the way that I'm looking for.  Thanks again.

Not a problem man.

I got to say I'm on a roll, eh? 1st I pointed you to Reaper wear you found your great ape for that awesome Hybried Monstrouty. Now I point you in the direction for models for you Riot Mob.

I got to say, I'm loveing your Genestealer Cult army you've been working on, and it has been inspiring me quite abit, and have been watching all of your updates. I look forword to see what you end up doing.

=3
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 09:11:00 PM by Lucky_Jackal »