News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: [1500] Slogging Away  (Read 809 times)

Offline zero88

[1500] Slogging Away
« on: February 22, 2011, 12:29:49 AM »
Competitive, but still trying to keep it flavorful.

HQ
Big Mek
-Kustom Force Field
-Ammo Runt
88pts

ELITES
12 Kommandos (+Snikrot)
-Boss Snikrot
-2 x Burnas
235pts

TROOPS
Deff Dread
-2 x Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon
-Armor Plates
-Grot Riggers
120pts

30 Shoota Boyz
-3 x Big Shoota
-Nob
-Power Klaw
-Bosspole
235pts

20 Slugga Boyz
-Nob
-Power Klaw
-Bosspole
160pts

20 Slugga Boyz
-Nob
-Power Klaw
-Bosspole
160pts

FAST ATTACK

16 Stormboyz
-Nob
-Power Klaw
-Bosspole
262pts

Deffkopta
-Twin-Linked Rokkits
45pts

Deffkopta
-Twin-Linked Rokkits
45pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
Killa Kan
-Rokkit Launcha
50pts

Killa Kan
-Rokkit Launcha
50pts

Killa Kan
-Rokkit Launcha
50pts

ARMY TOTAL = 1500pts

102 Models, 4 Walkers
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 12:33:14 AM by zero88 »

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: [1500] Slogging Away
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 07:54:53 AM »
Let me say welcome to the green side. While you are here check out the Way of The Waagh thread and join up by posting in there and become recognized throughout the forums as an ork, plus you can earn teef and other good stuff, not to mention that the board is the best in the 40k uniniverse. (there is no documentation to prove otherwise) so join us by posting your oath of loyalty/desire to be part of the mob HERE

Your list looks good, and I cannot find any real flaws in it except the storm boys. I am not a fan of the storm boys as they are twice as expensive as a regular boy, and while they can move faster they still only fight like an ork. Maybe take only 5 as a suicide squad, and put the rest of the points into making your 20 boy squads into 25 boy squads.

Now let me just say that I am a speed freak player, and IMO you should be getting trucks and battle wagons to make your list better, but that would require a rewrite of the whole thing. So without getting carried away by prothelizing for a new member of the kult of speed, I will finish this up by not mentioning at all that you need trucks and battle wagons.  ;)
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Jack_Merridew

• Kommando Nob
  • Shhh....be warry warry quiet, I'm huntn' umies...
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 09:27:56 AM »
I'd drop the ammo runt form the Mek, he doesn't have a gun worth rerolling to hit, and even though it's only 3 points we can hopefully add more to that later.

Your commando and deff dread are spot on.  Snikky and a 4 dccw dread will strike fear into your opponent.  I like your boyz squads, they are no frills and plenty of bodies.  The stormboyz are a tough one though.  You can use them as an alpha strike squad to soak fire early so your boyz can get closer, but they are really pricey for that purpose.  Also, with only a t-shirt save, they really need cover to be functionable and as you have a large squad that will prove difficult.  You could deepstrike them from reserves, but they can't assault unless you have Boss Zags as an upgrade.  I would drop a few stormboyz and use the points to make that nob Boss Zags.  Then deepstrike and take out enemy armor.

Your def koptas, I would put one per slot on your FA.  That way they can act independantly.  But your kans I would put in a squadron as one Heavy slot.  That way they get some of the free bonuses of the squadron rules. 

Other than that, the list is much better than my first list so great job!

Offline eltrain728

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 04:47:39 PM »
List looks pretty good. I like to run my deff koptas with buzz saws. Scout move then assault enemy tank. I played a tournament and in 3 games 1 one deff kopta assaulted and broke a devastator squad, charged and immobilized a vindicator (preventing it from doing anything else the rest of the game), and charged and killed a battle tank (would killed more the second time but died to difficult terrain lol) in each of the 3 games successively.

It's a very kamikaze tactic though.

Offline zero88

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 07:29:59 PM »
Thanks for the quick replys, I dont post on here much but I am not new to 40k, Ive been playing since 3rd edition lol.

I know a lot of people dont like stormboyz, but they have always been good to me and seem to fit in a slogging army better than bikes. Them, along with snikrot, will hopefully be able to tie up the enemy long enough for the boyz to get there. 16 might be a bit too many, I'd consider dropping them to 12, then along with the runt that would free up 51pts, but for what? saws on the koptas? The koptas are seperate squads already btw.

Thanks again

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 09:41:26 PM »
I know a lot of people dont like stormboyz, but they have always been good to me and seem to fit in a slogging army better than bikes. Them, along with snikrot, will hopefully be able to tie up the enemy long enough for the boyz to get there. 16 might be a bit too many, I'd consider dropping them to 12, then along with the runt that would free up 51pts, but for what? saws on the koptas? The koptas are seperate squads already btw.

Saws on the koptas isn't a bad investment.  It would allow you to potentially engage long range threats to your sloggers.  Especially stuff like hammerheads, thunderfire cannons, guard ordinance, prisms, or whatever else is in your opponents backfield.  I have also used them to good effect to tie up broadsides, devestator squads, pathfinders, and sniper squads.  Heavy weapons troops don't like to get assaulted and are rarely equipped to handle an assault.   Bare minimum you tie the squad up for a turn or two, but a lot of times you can even break them.  Two is a bit much at 1500 points but that depends on your LGS.  If they field tank heavy, gunlines, or transport heavy armies then it can be a good investment. 

Offline The Harbinger

• Ork Boy
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 09:35:31 AM »
So I love stormboys they are my bread and butter being a Bloodaxe and all however that big blob will do you no good. It will kill opponents in the first round of combat and it will be a fire magnet until it gets there. I run 2 squads of 5 with Pk and boss poles 3 squads of 5 with Pk and boss poles just seems.....delicious ly green. They are about 105 points each and devastate enemy elites and HQ just walk/run them behind your boyz mob untill your ready to fling them forward into the enemy with a charge range between 19 - 24 inches a beautiful thing. Deffkoptas are like tits on a bull useless in my humble opinion I say drop them and use the points for 3 squads of 5 Stormboyz. and remember they can deep strike so 5 of them is better than a ton. Alternatively you can equip them with Big Choppa's and tie up light infantry / heavy weapons.
To krump? or to dakka? THAT is the question.