News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Samurai models?  (Read 1943 times)

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Samurai models?
« on: March 6, 2017, 06:06:23 PM »
Has anyone stumbled across any good looking samurai models (similar scale to 40k), in their travels?

So far I've only really come across Hordes Skorne (not sure of scale though) and Warzone Ressurection Mishima.

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
Re: Samurai models?
« Reply #1 on: March 7, 2017, 05:04:19 AM »
Hey magenb, there seem to be a few different choices out there.

Perry miniatures do a range of historical samurai figures at 28mm. Personally, I've never been a particular fan of their work, but that's just me.
Samurai, Perry Miniatures

If you're after something a bit (lot) more off the wall, there may be something in the Malifaux Ten Thunders range that suits. Not strictly Samurai, but a different take on Japanese stylings:
Malifaux - Ten Thunders ? Wyrd Games

I'm sure there are others, but those jumped out at me.
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: March 7, 2017, 04:06:20 PM »
Thanks Looshkin, there's a few otpions for IC in there :)

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 03:40:30 PM »
If you're still looking, warlord games just released a new fudal Japan miniatures game, and it's just all plastic samurai kits. I forget the name, but if you check out warlord games, it should do the trick. Same folks who make Bolt Action.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 09:38:43 PM »
yeah stumbled onto warlords selection, but like the other things in the warlord range the detail is average. I stumbled onto some nice kickstarters that wouldn't be bad convertions, even foujnd one that had little asian style dragons as mounts, but I'd have to drop a lot of coin on them and since its a kickstarter it could come out average.

If any one else is looking, kensei and Torri, Bushido, have some nice models. Warzone is the closest fit though as they have similar unit sizes to 40k. Not sure I can keep the theme going through an entire army though. Hordes Legion of everblight also has some that might fit with a bit of work.

If anyone wants to run an all female army ragingheroes has kickstarter that will fit really well as darker style elder/elf army, could even pull off some exodite's out of them. There are also some slaanesh options in there.