News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Can the Green Tide be Stemmed?  (Read 3194 times)

Offline Errgin

• Fear the Reaper.
Can the Green Tide be Stemmed?
« on: July 13, 2002, 01:01:56 PM »
Is there any reason to believe that the universe will not be overrun by the Orks?
We dare not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Lord Grant me the Strength to Change what I can, the Courage to accept what I can't, and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Offline Arcas

• Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
  • Ancient
Re:Can the Green Tide be Stemmed?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2002, 07:28:54 PM »
I think there are reasons against an Ork victory. They are not organized good enough. Big successes are rather rare because they require a potent leader like Gazhkull Thraka. Additionally the most other races don't tolerate Orks in their neighborhood, they eliminate as fast as possible while the Orks do nothing unless they're on a waaaagh.
The Orks space vessels cannot compare to Eldar fleets, the CWE warships are faster and have a longer range. The result is a massacre.

jwu

the_mighty_brain

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2002, 04:52:29 AM »
their codex is also waaaay unbalanced.

Orks can never be easily beaten.
and extremely rarely when used by a competant player

Offline JiMInY

• What big teeth I have
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2002, 02:09:15 PM »
i disagree, only once have i drawn with an ork player an he was very experienced, 9 times outta 10 i beat orks. but mostly orks either have a spectacular win, or a sspectacular defeat
consume the magical plant

Offline high-avatar

• It has come for you
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2002, 04:27:57 PM »
Well judgeing as most of their tech. works by their latent physic abillities when the C'tan succed in sealing off the warp the orks guns and transports will stop working so the other races will sit back and shoot them to death!!!
Everything that has a begining must have an end, I see the end I see the Darkness spreading I see Death.

Offline Cloud runner (brother Ezekiel)

• "Deathwing will be remembered."
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2002, 05:21:14 PM »
Still, an orc army can look VERY impressive if fielded wih lots and lots of troops, as it should. ;)
"Perhaps a favour. In honour of our dead, leave the suits the colour of
Deathwing. The deeds of our brothers should be remembered."

-brother Ezekiel to Brother captain Gabrielle

Offline Harlequin Solitaire

• Everyone is entitled to my opinion.
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2002, 10:42:27 AM »
I wanna collect Orks but I hate using Horde armies. Can't I just have a small Speed Freek army and still have a chance of winning?
"An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind" - Gandhi

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2002, 03:04:45 AM »
Yes it can,
Im an Ork player and the worse thing for an Ork army to up against is a SM army full of the plain old tactical marines, you kill some and more pop up again, thats why I usually end up losing to my mate, though by the end both armies are wittiled down to mere shreads.

Warboss Ruzgob

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2002, 02:24:36 AM »
Oh yeah and bye the way High-avatar the orks do not recieve there psychic powers from the warp. It says in the codex on pg.48, 5th paragraph, and I quote:

"Similary, many captured Ork weapons and items of equipment should not work,and indeed do not work unless wielded by an Ork. I believe this is linked to the strong psychic aura surrounding all Orkoids and have developed the Anzion Theorem of Orkoid metamorphic Resonant Kinetics. I theorise that many Ork inventions work because the Orks themselves think that they should work. The strong telekinetic abilities of the Orks subconscious somehow ensure that the machinery or weaponry functions as desired."

End of quote.

Now note on the SUBCONSCIOUS part. If the warp was closed then so what, the Orks psychic abilities are as subconscious as you or I breathing or our heat beating. Thus for your little plan is foiled my enemy Necrons, MAY THE ORKS FOREVER FIGHT AND CONQUER!

Offline Imperial Sardaukar

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2002, 04:04:50 AM »
Ill raise my Choppa to that!

WAAAGGGHHHH!!

Offline sply

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2002, 02:08:25 PM »
and i'll raise my grot blasta

liruisheng

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2002, 03:16:20 PM »
erm. if the warp were closed off, all psychic ability would cease, unconscious or not. to put it in nerdy context, to preserve the conservation of energy, the energy to make the weapons work has to come from somewhere, ie, from the warp if its psychically linked. if the warp were closed off, no energy, no worky. also, eldar would be pretty buggered too.

Offline Head Honcho Grubsnik

• Ere we go! Ere we go! Ere we go!
« Reply #12 on: October 7, 2002, 01:30:06 AM »
Well .......damn I hate it when I'm showed up. Good point Liruisheng, didn't think of it like that. Thx for setting me straight. Now I know that the C'tan MUST be destroyed at all costs!!!

WAAAAAAGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Orkses is never beaten in battle. If we win we win, if we die we die so it don't count as a beat. If we runs for it we don't die neither, so we can allways come back for anuvver go, see!"
Anon

Offline Insidious Heresy

• General, Hero of Medusa V
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #13 on: October 7, 2002, 10:48:18 PM »
well orks' phykic powers are not driven by the warp. that is why the feral ork weirdboys don' test for the "perils of the wrap" when making there powers work. instead their powers work by the energy of the orks around them. the more orks the more powerful the weirdboyz can become... but the more powerful they become the more chance that they can't handle such a vast amount of energy and their head goes boom.   But back on the subject of if the Orks can or cannot take over the 40K universe, is that it is possible... but then again it is possible for any of the other races to wipe out the others. The orks do have the numbers to due it and it is said that in the larger ork empires a regular slugga boy could be as powerful or even more powerful than a space marine... just think of how big a warboss would have to be to gain control of those guys in the first place  :o .  But the fact is that the Adeptus Mechanicus could wipe them out if they wanted to. A single Titan Legion Transport on it's way to the 2nd armageddon campaign destroyed an entire ork warfleet on it's own suffering only minor damage and then continued on its way to the planet. With so many Forgeworlds out there capable of even destroying hivefleets single handedly, if they ever wanted to they could wipe out ork empires without a second thought.

liruisheng

« Reply #14 on: October 8, 2002, 06:27:11 AM »
all psychic power is from the warp. thats where psychic power comes from. the reason why orks dont test is cos of the way their mind works. ie, a daemon wouldnt possess a mushroom, so why posess an ork?

Offline Insidious Heresy

• General, Hero of Medusa V
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #15 on: October 9, 2002, 09:06:14 PM »
the reason orks don't get possessed.... beacuse they do not use the warp. they do not have phykic powers but for simplicity their werid powers were said to be used in the phykic phase.

Offline flayling_wildly

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2002, 04:24:53 AM »
i have an ork army and play with a group of mates. they have tyranid, spacemarine and eldar armies. I have only been beaten once whilst using them. I think they are awesome.  The standard troops are cheap and deadly if used correctly. I think that the orks have the ability to conquer the universe but they lack leadership. but any ways if the did conquer everything their wouldn't be much left 2 do. But the orks are a big pain in the butt as they are impossible to remove from a planet without destroying everything else as well due to their spores. Any ways doesnt the imperium have more to worry about at the moment  u know cos of the c'tan and the nids
friendly fire isn't

Offline flayling_wildly

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2002, 04:34:56 AM »
Why are you worrying about the orks at the moment, their lack of leadership will keep them squabbling but their spores can be a big pain in the butt. The revival of the c'tan and the on coming tyranid swarm should probably be more of a worry to the imperium with only a hand full of spacemarine chapters left and internal bickering between systems they are going to be pretty screwed unless they get their A into G.
friendly fire isn't

Offline Burld

• ~~to deny CHAOS is to deny what we are~~
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2002, 02:22:13 AM »
as a dedicated chaos follower i can say that nothing will stand in the way of chaos, for even if the warp were to be closed the dark powers that be would simply find another way to come throught, even if it took milenia...!

but from the a outsiders view i believe that orks have the uncanny ability to survive no matter what. i mean think about it, they have been around since the fantisy times (ie. ages and ages in the past) and therefore they will most likely be around even after the universe blows up and everyother race is long gone...

just my opinion though.
As khorne left the mortal plane his voice echoed inside the head of all living things "You think you have distroyed me, but i remain untill the end of all life itself. For it is this very life you are given that fuels my power!

liruisheng

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2002, 08:44:15 AM »
and therefore they will most likely be around even after the universe blows up and everyother race is long gone...

"hey boss, where'd they go?"
"erm.. i dunno, maybe theys off konstructing some mega weapon cos wes so ard and fighty"
*strains ears*
"i canne ear nuffin boss. i they being reelly sneaky grot like bout it?"
"well o course theys bein sneaky grot like, cos theys know that if we knew what they was doin then we'd go an bash em up and go like "oi! no!" and then they'd poop themselves like eldar girlys"
"yeah but boss, we does know now doesnt we"
"yer, no ones as cunnin as an ork, lets go find em and bash em"
                                             [Exeunt