News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: "Monster Genes" 2kpt list  (Read 2653 times)

Offline Master Bio-Titan BT

• Armies: Chaos Marines and Tyranids
"Monster Genes" 2kpt list
« on: July 14, 2009, 12:00:25 AM »
Here is my newest 2k Nid'zilla list.  Tear it apart and please rate it 0-10.

List #1:

HQ #1:  Hive Tyrant, LW&BS, VC, +BS, +S, F.Hooks, Toxic Miasma.......Tyrant Guard x2 with F.Hooks

HQ #2:  Hive Tyrant, LW&BS, VC, +BS, +S, F.Hooks, Toxic Miasma.......Tyrant Guard x2 with F.Hooks

Elite #1:  Dakka Fex, +BS, TL-Devourers x2, F.Hooks

Elite #2:  Dakka Fex, +BS, TL-Devourers x2, F.Hooks

Elite #3:  Ninja Fex, +WS, S.Talons x2 pairs, T.Miasma, F.Hooks

Heavy #1:  Sniper Fex, B. Strangler, VC, +BS, +T, +W

Heavy #2:  Sniper Fex, B. Strangler, VC, +BS, +T, +W

Heavy #3:  Screamer/Killer, S.Talons x2 pairs, +WS, +I, +Sv., Tusked, T.Miasma, Mace Tail, +W, +T, Flesh Hooks

Troops #1:  G.Stealers x12, Feeder Tendrils

Troops #2:  G.Stealers x12, Feeder Tendrils

Troops #3:  G.Stealers x9, Feeder Tendrils, Scuttlers

Total = 1999pts

I have yet to play my Nid'Zilla army as I am still assembling them.  My biggest concern is the lack of Troops.  I could decrease the Heavy CC Fex to the cheaper Elite style CC Fex to save point but I don't think its going to get me more G.Stealers.

List #2:

Its the same as the above list but exchange one of the HT/TG units to the following, which allows more Outflanking G.Stealers.

HQ #2:  BroodLord, Feeder Tendrils, F.Hooks, +S
Retinue of G.Stealers x8 with F.Hooks, Scyth Talons (Replaces HQ #2 of List #1)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 09:38:28 PM by Master Titan BT »

2008 CSM Poster of the Year

My CSM Conversions & Tutorials (Updated 12-22-12) 

My Tyranid Conversions & Tutorials  (Updated 12-23-12)

Offline Lucky_Jackal

• I feel akword
  • "What can I say? It's not my cup of tea."
Re: "Monster Genes" 2kpt list
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 12:36:21 AM »
The trick with playing a Nidzillia force like this is not to rush your genestealer's foreword. Keep them behind the fexs to get cover saves, and counter charge what ever charges the fex.

;D

Offline blinky jungle(REM)

• Parachuting oranges to soldiers? Whats Next?
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 03:22:36 AM »
I though the trick of Nidzilla is super rush everything forwards as fast as possible and charge.
House M.D is amazing(Watch it)
REM is amazing(Listen to it)
Subliminal messaging is amazing(Read it)

Offline GaleRazorwind

• Hormagaunt
  • Ziltoid Lives!
  • Armies: Nids, BA, CSM
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 02:23:52 PM »
My suggestion would be to take a few Stealers off of the two 12 man squads and give them scuttlers, then outflank with them all. Having so many Stealers in reserve could help make your opponent squish himself into the middle where your stranglers can do maximum damage.
Ziltoid is so omniscient, if there were to be two omnisciences, he would be both!

Offline Lucky_Jackal

• I feel akword
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 04:37:56 PM »
I though the trick of Nidzilla is super rush everything forwards as fast as possible and charge.

Not 100% true.

This is my personal experience when using a balanced force, and using Genestealers and Fexs together.

If the Genestealers go and front of the fexs and fleet as fast as possible, the Genestealers start to outpaceing the fexs realy fast.

Next thing you know your genestealers are getting shot up and your fexs aren't around to take fire for them.

Nidzillia armies are not realy a offensive style of army. It's more defensive. Think of nidzillia like a turtle with a gun. Not alot of things can hurt your army that well, so just sit back, take your pot shots. And slowly advance.

You have to keep your force together and not be tempted to split it up.

My suggestion would be to take a few Stealers off of the two 12 man squads and give them scuttlers, then outflank with them all. Having so many Stealers in reserve could help make your opponent squish himself into the middle where your stranglers can do maximum damage.

Also don't forget about scout moves. One tatics that works for me is to scout the Genestealers ahead into terriean and Go to Ground. The Genestealer will draw fire shruging as much off with a +3 save as they can.

The rest of your force then gets a turn to move up, take there pot shots at the enemy, and rejoin with the Genestealers.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 04:43:39 PM by Lucky_Jackal »

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 04:52:11 PM »
Well I think I would prefer them charging rather than waiting. Just charge heavy weapon crews, lascannons do nothing in CC. Make a line behind them and move back towards your fexes charging anything which gets in your way.

Offline Lucky_Jackal

• I feel akword
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 06:22:59 PM »
Well I think I would prefer them charging rather than waiting. Just charge heavy weapon crews, lascannons do nothing in CC. Make a line behind them and move back towards your fexes charging anything which gets in your way.

I think that just doesn't work. The reason is Bolter shots aren't that effective agiest a Carnifex. So instead of shooting the carnifex they will shoot at the Genestealers.

The Genestealers are your only scoreing units, once there gone that's it.

In my last game agiest CSM I charged my genestealers forword and whipped out all of his troop choices except for one squad by turn 2.
The only problem is. My Scout move Genestealers were seperated from the rest of my force.

They got butchered.

The Game was a Draw Because in the end neither of us had any troops to capture the objectives.

Genestealers move ALOT faster then Carnifexs.

If they charge forword as fast as they can, they get seperated from the Carnifex.

For Nidzillia to work they HAVE to pace them selfs. Your Genestealers and Carnifexs have to stay together.

Offline Master Bio-Titan BT

• Armies: Chaos Marines and Tyranids
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 12:23:38 PM »
Truely I am enjoying the discussion thus far.  I do request one thing from the current posters, does anyone actually have any input or comments regarding my list?  Is there anything else you would change as only one poster has suggested anything.

Thanks guys!

2008 CSM Poster of the Year

My CSM Conversions & Tutorials (Updated 12-22-12) 

My Tyranid Conversions & Tutorials  (Updated 12-23-12)

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 12:35:52 PM »
Lost the Lash Whips + Bonesword combo from your Hive Tyrants, it has no place in this list. With the biomorphs you've got, I'd go for Scything Talons. 5 attacks on the charge plus the attacks from your Tyrant Guard will do some nasty-ass damage to anything you get into close combat with. It also frees up some points you can use along with the points you save if you change +1 T on your fex to +1 W (it will come in far more handy, trust me) to beef up your scuttling stealer unit
The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*

Offline GaleRazorwind

• Hormagaunt
  • Ziltoid Lives!
  • Armies: Nids, BA, CSM
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2009, 01:40:20 PM »
Well, a great part of having a large unit of Genestealers is that you can charge multiple enemies to make sure they stay in combat for awhile. It will open them up to more attacks, but you will almost always go first and will probably rip them mostly to shreds on the charge. They may only have a small handful of guys left to counter-attack.

Ziltoid is so omniscient, if there were to be two omnisciences, he would be both!

Offline Travellar

• Lieutenant
  • Hey Farley, call headquarters.
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 08:01:46 PM »
1) You have 6 troop slots.  Why are you running squads of 12 Purestrain?

2) Tactics employed for a particular list are as important, maybe even more important than anything else.  Whether or not you're using your carnies as a chitonous phalanx for the genestealers makes a BIG difference in how well this list will perform.

3) cheapest gaunt + Min-sized brood.  40 points can hold an objective.  80 can win a game.

personally, I disagree with the loadout you're using on Carnifexes, but that's largely a matter of taste and they're probrably already glued together.  I prefer either the screamer killers of old, or my 'Exofex's given improved Ballistic skill, Barbed strangler, and devourers.  They'll tear up just about anything short of a tank, by weight of fire if nothing else.
"he's either the most brilliant troll ever, or he's crazy." -Bloodhawk

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 08:23:07 PM »
1) You have 6 troop slots.  Why are you running squads of 12 Purestrain?

Because units of 6 are amphetamine parrot and if one gets tanked and the other has crap dice rolls both take the fall for it from No Retreat. And if outside Synapse range it takes longer to sustain enough casualties for a Leadership check
The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2009, 01:56:18 PM »
Why don't you remove scuttlers and run squads of 11 so yopu have the same amount of troops in each squad so they have a hard choice of deciding what to shoot.

This saves you 36 points which can be used to up the Fexes or tyrants.

Ok so 3 identical squads of genestealers which will reach your lines next turn, which do you shoot?

Or your list 2 identical squad, or a squad with less wounds but each one costs more.

It is quite an easy choice in this one because it is easier to wipe out they cost more.

Offline Raktra (So long, I guess)

• Skarboy | Ripper | Princess of Baal
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Grey Knights
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2009, 02:59:34 PM »
I wouldn't lose Scuttlers. Sure Outflank isn't to be too heavily relied on, but when it works it is utterly golden. True the unit is smaller, but they should be in combat quick enough to counteract that.

I don't really have many suggestions if I'm honest, I like it. One or two thoughts/questions though:

Why Mace tail instead of a Scythed one? This isn't a criticism, just a curiosity.

On Elite Fex #3, I'd drop the Flesh Hooks. He's I1 anyway, so unless you have numerous pieces of vertical terrain on your board, it'll lend you no benefit. Not sure what you could use the points on though...

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2009, 03:10:29 PM »
So keep them.

Mace Tail is one cheaper than Scythe tail and basically on a CC fex gives you an extra attack. Scythe tail is less reliable and say you rolled a 1 or a 2 on your D3 then it is useless.

By costing twice as much and having less strength. Makes sense.

Offline Raktra (So long, I guess)

• Skarboy | Ripper | Princess of Baal
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Grey Knights
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2009, 03:15:20 PM »
I was under the impression I was asking BT.

One more thing that caught my eye - Flesh Hooks on shooty Fexes?

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2009, 03:36:58 PM »
Still.

Why not have them on Shooty Fexes. They can always climb on top of impassable terrain to escape.

Offline Lucky_Jackal

• I feel akword
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2009, 11:23:31 PM »
I was under the impression I was asking BT.

One more thing that caught my eye - Flesh Hooks on shooty Fexes?

Trust me it makes sence.

You use the flesh hooks to climb on top of buildings and shot assault troops that can't get you.

I'm looking at you Ork Mob and Khorn Beserkers.
>=(

Thow this works better on things like sniper fexs.

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2009, 05:28:42 AM »
Has your heavy fex got flesh hooks because that is the one which needs em the most and you have 1 point to spare.

Offline Lucky_Jackal

• I feel akword
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2009, 10:31:08 AM »
Has your heavy fex got flesh hooks because that is the one which needs em the most and you have 1 point to spare.

You still put them on CC fexs. The reason is you upgrade a fex to I2 so it can go before power fists. You take flesh hooks so even when charging into terriean you can go before the power fists.

Realy what I would suggest going it taking the flesh hooks off the daka fexs and put them on the sniper fexs.

;)