News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: venom  (Read 1762 times)

Offline -|ArAzAeL|-

• oRaNgE oRrAcLe=mInE
venom
« on: June 19, 2005, 03:51:05 AM »
when a harly squad is assigned to a venom, can it go without an indy character?  or does it have to have a character to lead them in the venom.  Also, Do u think that I should upgrade a regular harlie to a leader?  Does this count as an independat character?
OrRaClE aUtOcOcKeR -
JT PrOtEuS II MaSk-
ViEwLoAdEr EvLuTiOn II- Pb HoPpEr-
Dye, SmArT pArTs, or wOrRgAmEs NiTrO-

Offline HarleyQuinn

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: venom
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 04:40:23 AM »
You don't have to have an Indy Character on the Venom w/ a 6-man Troupe.  And a Troupe leader isn't an IC.

As for your question about upgrading, I'd arm it with a Harlie's Kiss, Shuriken Pistol and Powerblades only.  Add a Mask only if you have points to spare.  Otherwise, having a leaderless Troupe won't hurt.

-HQ

Offline -|ArAzAeL|-

• oRaNgE oRrAcLe=mInE
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 12:04:47 PM »
alright and another question, are bigger games better for harlies...because right now i have like 850 points with an HQ three elites and a troop squad(almost all of them are fully upgraded.  That leasves me with fast attack and heavy support which i need a lot more points.
OrRaClE aUtOcOcKeR -
JT PrOtEuS II MaSk-

Offline stevefox

• "We never were half the men we used to be!"
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 01:12:29 PM »
alright and another question, are bigger games better for harlies...because right now i have like 850 points with an HQ three elites and a troop squad(almost all of them are fully upgraded.  That leasves me with fast attack and heavy support which i need a lot more points.

You must have another troop. Minimum iis 2 to have a force org legal list.

Fox
'El Fox
===========
Mech Tau Cadre http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~leebj/index.html
Tau, Harlequins, Daemonhunters, SMs, Kroot Mercenaries.
"in battle one engages the orthodox and gains victory through the unorthodox. Thus one who excels at sending forth the unorthodox is as inexhaustable as Heaven."
-Sun Tzu, Art of War, Strategic Military Power

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2005, 01:54:48 PM »
And yes, bigger games and above all alliencaes favour the Harlequins. Whenever you can ally 1k of Harlequins iwth 1k Eldar/Dark Eldar to take on a single opponet playing 2k you are bound to have the upper hand. There is nothing like supporting firepower for the Harlequins, but sadly this is hard to come by in the list itself.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline -|ArAzAeL|-

• oRaNgE oRrAcLe=mInE
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2005, 03:26:48 PM »
o alright.  So you mean in a regular game that I am playing with DE, I can arm my DE army with 3 squads of 3 harlies each?  Thatd be cool
OrRaClE aUtOcOcKeR -
JT PrOtEuS II MaSk-

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2005, 01:49:16 AM »
No, that is not it. Read the "Harlequins in other armies" in Citadel Journal 39 again.

Offline The Purple Sage

• Requiem and terra day, and so forth. Amen
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2005, 08:55:44 AM »
you dont need a character, they are an option. I generally dont take squad leaders, as they take up too many points. For the price of one squad leader fully upgraded, you can probably afford 2 more harlies.

squad leader or 3 normal harlies? your choice.

and yes allies are deadly, just make sure you make the best use out of them numbers wise, as they take up elite slots which i would much rather use on my aspect warriors. Hence why i take biel-tan when using harlies.

Venoms are good options for harlies, as they prevent them getting shot down on foot, but if they blow up your venom, on a 4+ your harlies die...

just make sure you dont expose your venom to too much fire, which is hard now as they have changed the rules to make it harder to disembark at speed, leaving you stranded right in front of the enemy.

[edit] venoms dont take up another elites slot by the way when taken for troupes :)
"I'm so fast last night i turned the light off and was in bed before the room was dark" - Mohammad Ali

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2005, 09:57:30 AM »
[edit] venoms dont take up another elites slot by the way when taken for troupes :)
   That is only for the Revision. For the CJ-list it is something else.