News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Ultramarines mech list 1850 pts  (Read 635 times)

Offline dalaran1991

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Ultramarines mech list 1850 pts
« on: July 18, 2011, 02:08:42 PM »
Hi guys :) Just drafted a new mech list for my ultra. This time I wanna try out the scout missile thing because it's fun and it kinda fit my theme. Let me know what you think.

HQ

Chaplain Cassius
Librarian
Bolt Pistol, Power Armour, The Avenger, The Gate of Infinity

Elites

Dreadnought
Assault Cannon, Extra Armour
Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon
Heavy Flamer
Drop Pod with Locator Beacon
Storm Bolter

Terminator Assault Squad, 3 TH/SS and 2 LC

Troops

Scout Squad
4x Scout
4x Combat Blade
Scout Sergeant
Bolt Pistol, Power Fist

Tactical Squad x 2
Flamer, Missile Launcher, 9x Space Marine
Rhino
Extra Armour
Space Marine Sergeant
Combi-Flamer, Power Fist

Fast Attack

Land Speeder x2
Heavy Flamer, Multi-Melta

Land Speeder Storm
Heavy Flamer

Heavy Support

Land Raider Crusader
Extra Armour, Multi-Melta

Vindicator
Extra Armour

Facing a lot of gun platform these days (leman russes, fire prism, rangers, dark reapers, you name it...) so I plan on using the scouts in the storm speeder to suicide up and take that thing out (or at least tie it up for a while till my armored column can roll in). One question: Can I turbo boost in my scout move and still act normal during my turn? (provided I go first, of course) Wouldn't this give me a 40" assault range?

Cassius and Libbie goes in LR with termies squad and bash the amphetamine parrot out of anything that stand in their way. After that Libbie use gate to quickly redeploy the squad. I might consider leaving him with a tactical squad depending on the situation.

The tactical squads either rhino rush objectives or broadside enemy infantry to the ground.

Dreadnought smashes in with pod to further disrupt enemy lines or to help relieve the scouts. Locator beacon there for Land Speeders should they deepstrike.

Land Speeders either deep strike or act as outriders to pick out enemy armor or infantry clusters.

Vindicator accompanies the armor column, hopefully get some shots off.

I know my list will benefit a lot with Vulkan Hestan, but I'm an Ultramarines and I don't like borrowing from others.

Offline enlg

• I like editing stuff.
Re: Ultramarines mech list 1850 pts
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 03:27:22 PM »
Hey so I've faced speeders in most marine lists that I've faced, and I think that your list would be well improved through having 2 more land speeders. I might drop one of the HQ choices and a few other things to grab 2 more multi-melta+heavy flamer speeders.

The reason why I think 4 speeders in total would be much better is because of the fact that speeders can both be very fragile, and very resilient if you roll well on your cover saves. Also, I know from experience that the worst feeling is the feeling of "I just wasted shots on those land speeders, and those other tanks are approaching me with guns". If you have 4 of them, I am less likely to feel save inside my tanks.

Add on the similar target priority choice of shooting your scoring scouts unit in the land speeder storm, and you can give your opponent a nice big headache.

Offline Azash76

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Ultramarines mech list 1850 pts
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 08:41:26 PM »
I'd exchange the Crusader for a Redeemer. More effective at killing everything in the game plus it's 10 pts cheaper than the Crusader.

Then I would exchange your dread with an Ironclad dread. You lose the assault cannon but it comes standard with move through cover heavy armor more melee attacks and a meltagun. Not to mention better armor to begin with. If your drop podding your dropping it close to your opponent anyway so you might as well go in with the best close combat dread there is. My general rule with Dreads if your going to put it in a drop pod it should be an ironclad if its for fire support why spend points on a drop pod.