News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: need help painting beastmen  (Read 1314 times)

Offline XfinianX

• Down with Bad Music!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • My Heart Bleeds No Longer
need help painting beastmen
« on: April 11, 2004, 07:57:18 PM »
appologies if this has come up before...

so after about 10 years of owning the team and after stripping off the horendous paint job i did in my earlier years, i've finally come to repaint my chaos blood bowl team.

The armour is fine - and i can do hair quite happily (for my team i'll paint the hair black and do a light drybrush of a medium grey - probably shadow grey with a bit of skull white mixed in)

downside is now the planning is over and im actually painting the beastmen on my team, i've realised that im not quite sure how to paint beastmen skin.  Im going for a darker skin tone of the modern beastmen than the lighter skin that was on older beastmen (like the beastmen on the box), and so far i've done a base coat of scorched brown and then given it a wash of brown ink.

i was going to use vermin brown, but its way too light, and even after i mixed in some chaos black, i was still unhappy with it. Should i do another coat of scorched brown then add a highlights (colour suggestions please?), or would you recommend something else? Any help, recommendations, pointers or links to other guides would be welcomed
subtle as a sledge hammer

Offline warsmithdammekos

• HOLY S*IT IT'S A SQUAT!!!!
Re: need help painting beastmen
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 12:02:40 AM »
highlight with scorched brown then maybe another highlight of a 1:1 miz of scorched and bestial or bestial by itself. or you could skip the mix and go straght to bestial

Offline XfinianX

• Down with Bad Music!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • My Heart Bleeds No Longer
Re: need help painting beastmen
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 11:39:18 AM »
thanx - a 1:1 scorched:bestial mix worked out perfectly. Im just going to slap on a 1:3 scorched:bestial mix as a small highlight then it will be complete
subtle as a sledge hammer