News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Summer Painting Challenge [Month 1/3]  (Read 16879 times)

Offline Khal Ynnoth

• Death before Dis-honour
  • Armies: Eldar - Saim Hann, Space Marines - Storm Crows
Re: Summer Painting Challenge [Month 1/3]
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2007, 12:00:32 PM »
EO wouldn't let me on last night  >:( after I'd put these up on Flickr, so here they are now.

Khel'ri Ynnoth in all her glory.

Front:

Right hand side:

Left hand side:

Rear:

The wings aren't finished or glued yet, the Brightlance needs highlights and details - magnetised, but join could do with hiding? and shield is also magnetised so that a second weapon, in this case She will be getting a Starcannon, can go there and that needs finishing off. Base obviously needs grass and finishing.

My photo skills aren't ace, but hopefully you can see what might need doing, not sure what to do with all those gems on the wings and her chest probably needs the two gems there being done as gems, any comments would be highly appreciated.

(Deep Breath! and Post Pics of models for first time ever in painting forum!)

"I Khal Ynnoth of the Dyanni Muathi hereby make a blood oath by my Kin, by my Clan and by my Craftworld to defend and uphold the honour of our brothers of Saim Hann and their allies.
Their cause is ours, this blood seals our fates forever!"
 - Khal Ynnoth of the Dyanni Muathi

Offline Deathklok

• Bad Trader, scam artist, not to be trusted. BANNED
  • Finally, I got BANNED
« Reply #101 on: June 15, 2007, 01:25:21 PM »
Nice WLord, Khal! I have always thought a good conversion could be made using the old phantom titan, but never did it...and never will now that the new WL is so nice.

I like the color scheme and the weapon mounts look fairly seemless. My only issue is with the pose, I like that it is very dynamic and really captures the Eldar feel better than the static GW ones...but, the arms should be opposite teh legs in a true running pose. Left leg forward/left arm back and vice/versa. Other than that it's great, man good job.
And so, after much wait, BANNED

Offline 40kfomPodmaster

• Succubus
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2007, 03:12:54 AM »
Nice WLord, Khal! I have always thought a good conversion could be made using the old phantom titan, but never did it...and never will now that the new WL is so nice.

I like the color scheme and the weapon mounts look fairly seemless. My only issue is with the pose, I like that it is very dynamic and really captures the Eldar feel better than the static GW ones...but, the arms should be opposite teh legs in a true running pose. Left leg forward/left arm back and vice/versa. Other than that it's great, man good job.

What he said! Khal, that's a great model fella!

My own progress on my pledges is trundling along - one vyper nearly finished, and other undercoated, 20 Zombies all basecoated, just highlights and inks etc etc to be applied on 10 - 15 of them (the rest are done). Pics to follow, before I have a spurt and finish them off.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 03:15:55 AM by Relentless »

Offline [dixon]

• I pretend to be other users
  • BANNED
« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2007, 11:22:21 PM »
Got the three Battlebox Warjacks finished, leaving Stryker and the Journeyman left to do before the month is out.  I'm happy.

Update:

Stryker, and thus the entire battleforce, is now finished.  Hell yes.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 11:25:13 AM by Nubis »
I pretended to be other members, and finally got BANNED

Offline Farseer Nomad

• Fighters Fight
« Reply #104 on: June 17, 2007, 10:53:07 PM »
Update:  I have the Exarch down and 6 of the bases started.  Here are some pics of the finished exarch i will try to get some wip of the others.  enjoy

front

back

-Nomad
"It's not how hard you can hit, but its how hard you can get hit and keep moving foward" Rocky Balboa

Offline Fury

• Glory to the Dark Gods
« Reply #105 on: June 18, 2007, 01:21:03 AM »
Nice work so far.

Like an idiot, I decided to spray prime my tac squad, since my airbrush was being difficult. Bad idea. The store I went to no longer carries Testors spray, so I bought RustOleum instead. First mistake. I then primed on a humid 85 degree day. Second mistake.

I now have rough coat marines. Some are worse the others, seems the paint decided to quit being crappy half way through. Enamel too, so it will be a pain to strip. Sigh. I may scrap the models and buy another box and work like crazy to get them done now.

I'll keep plugging away on the Terminators. I did finish a melta marine, that was part of the original command squad.

Ruinous Powers - My Chaos Space Marines Blog
http://ruinouspowers.blogspot.com

Offline -V-

• Infinity Circuit | O:nk's my painting bitch | Ork Yoof
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Fear the Shuriken
« Reply #106 on: June 19, 2007, 03:27:30 PM »
nice work everyone, well my vow has moved on a little recently, since all changes to my room have been made and the mess is still around but a little more organised so i thought hey perfect lets get my vow underway, and after my distraction of a space marine veteren i had laying around i wanted to crack on so i dont fail another vow.

3 war dancers are now complete here is 2 photos one of the three and then their unit now that its finished

eewww ok i need some recomendations for good matt varnish.. this is GW matt varnish and they look all glossy, its not so bad as i dont use these as centre pieces hence the average paintjob on them

treeman
HE unit champion
3Wardancers

1 Wraith guard
spellsinger
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 03:48:59 PM by Valar »

Offline Targetawg

• I *LOVE* EO and 40K.ca
« Reply #107 on: June 19, 2007, 11:44:51 PM »
I'll have pics up thursday or friday of:

My vow
My Games Day Army
My 2 Golden Demon Entries
What I've painted in the last 4 weeks (Including the last week of may)

Good god its a lot. I've painted more in 4 weeks than I  have in the last 2 years of gaming. I'll probably end up failing this months vow as well because I changed my army list around, lol  :D The golden demon entries I'm hoping to take a bronze/honorable mention, because honestly, the Avatar has maybe 15 hours in him, and the single model (fire dragon exarch) has probably 6 hours in him. They're good, and probably close to where I need to be, but they arent there yet, and this year I decided to enter a golden demon or two, and paint an entire unpainted army, 3 weeks prior to my deadline. So this years golden demon will be a learning experience of what I need to do for next year, which I will start on FAR in advance and hopefully do better in :)

The list of models painted in the last 4 weeks:
17x Grey Knights
3x Rhino
2x Dreadnaught
18x Path Finder (Eldar)
6x Fire Dragon
1x Eldrad
1x Maugan Ra (The only model in this list I havent finished yet!)
1x Falcon Grav Tank
1x Fire Prism Tank
1x Avatar (One of my 2 Golden Demon Entries)

Thats 5 Tanks, 2 Walkers, 41 Infantry, 2 HQ Models, and 1 Monstrous Creature

Still hoping to finish this month from my vow, but will definitley wait till after gamesday:
2x Jetbike Warlock
1x Land Raider Crusader

I think I'm taking a vacation from painting for a bit after this whole games day ordeal is done...

Offline Magus_42

• Deathwing Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #108 on: June 21, 2007, 10:11:40 PM »
I finished the two swooping hawks I had vowed for this month. Here's a quick pic:

Offline web ghost

• Lookit me! I did something useful!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • "Beware of this and that" -Edward Gorey
« Reply #109 on: June 22, 2007, 05:59:32 PM »
Targetawg:  Thats cuckoo bananas mang.  Too much stuff!

Well, this dude's finally done:

probably will fail my vow this month as i haven't even assembled the drones yet and I am admittedly very sick of painting drones.

later WG

Offline Targetawg

• I *LOVE* EO and 40K.ca
« Reply #110 on: June 22, 2007, 09:21:29 PM »
I know, my hands actually hurt from painting too many hours a day  :D

But, my army is done, maugan ra got finished yesterday, one last modification to my list (i was three points over, oh noes!) of removing a shuriken cannon upgrade from my fireprism and painting and attaching the original shuriken catapaults is completed tonight.

I leave for games day baltimore at 5am tomorrow.

Wahoo for no sleep. Barf.

Offline Jehan-Reznor

• The Dude in Japan
« Reply #111 on: June 24, 2007, 04:26:53 AM »
Nicely painted Web ghost.
I like the color, but then i am somewhat biased towards the color red.
"this can't be happening, Man!"
my projects;
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=169427.0 budhhist space marines
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=163611.0 Doombringer my space marine chapter
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=150109.0 Hello Kitty Space Marine Army

Offline Trick Ork

• WAAAGH
« Reply #112 on: June 24, 2007, 10:45:17 AM »
MEEP!
ive got 10 ork boyz done and the other 4 are primed
i also found out that im gonna need to assemble and prime 20 grots and a slava + squighound
(prob not paint tho)

im gonna have to paint up a storm if i wanna do all this by thursday
WAAAGH DA GOHIDES
"We iz turnin red!"
http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l258/yonto/

Offline Myung

« Reply #113 on: June 24, 2007, 01:21:34 PM »
I am probably going to fail my vow too as I feel like WG I am just damn sick of painting sisters.

ever since I finished painting what I needed for my 2k list I havn't picked up a brush in 2 weeks to finish off my last squad and 2 vehicles. just kinda stand at my desk looking down and just go "I don't feel like it!"
9,000 pts Eldar - Alaitoc - 6,500 pts Blood Angels
8,000 pts Imperial Guard - 3,000 pts Tryanids
3,000 pts Sisters of Battle - 4,000 pts Orks
2,000 pts Chaos - 1 Massive Crack Addiction

Offline -V-

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Fear the Shuriken
« Reply #114 on: June 24, 2007, 02:06:02 PM »
oh come now Myung you can finish this vow, youve never failed yet, well not that i can remember so find the motivation and pick up that brush just a few things left to go and its another success come on!!!

i mean if i have to i'll give you a kick in the ass for motivation lol... i just wanna see you complete yet another insanely large vow to a good standard cuz it makes me believe that its possible for me to finish all the models i gotta do still (not for my vow but still for all my armies) so you cant quit not now.

same goes to you too webghost
 youre both inspirations

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
  • I take the Pith so you dont have too!
    • Blog
« Reply #115 on: June 24, 2007, 03:32:49 PM »
I'll be failing as well this month, family crisis and what not has meant I've only just finished the Lascannons, with far more important bits to get on with then the Thunderbolt I've not alota choice until I get back on track.

But yeah, the Lascannons are done anyway, the lights not good but I wanted to get em packed away rather then wait around until tommorrow an better light for a pic.

Offline Myung

« Reply #116 on: June 24, 2007, 05:06:08 PM »
oh come now Myung you can finish this vow, youve never failed yet, well not that i can remember so find the motivation and pick up that brush just a few things left to go and its another success come on!!!

i mean if i have to i'll give you a kick in the ass for motivation lol... i just wanna see you complete yet another insanely large vow to a good standard cuz it makes me believe that its possible for me to finish all the models i gotta do still (not for my vow but still for all my armies) so you cant quit not now.

same goes to you too webghost
 youre both inspirations

I failed once in the last year. but that was because I moved and lost my paints and brushes for 2 weeks, and it was only short 50% on a Land Speeder. I'll see what I can do but thje painting bug is dead in me atm!

Col Gavis your Lascannons look fantastic!
9,000 pts Eldar - Alaitoc - 6,500 pts Blood Angels
8,000 pts Imperial Guard - 3,000 pts Tryanids
3,000 pts Sisters of Battle - 4,000 pts Orks
2,000 pts Chaos - 1 Massive Crack Addiction

Offline web ghost

• Lookit me! I did something useful!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • "Beware of this and that" -Edward Gorey
« Reply #117 on: June 24, 2007, 08:28:30 PM »
...indeed!  very nice lascannons.  Well we all had a good run.  though my vow is quite small.  I though it was six drones plus the suit but it is only four.  I can probably bust that out.  I've been converting instead of painting though. 

later WG

Offline Fury

• Glory to the Dark Gods
« Reply #118 on: June 24, 2007, 09:42:40 PM »
Well, I'm not making excuses, but nothing ruins a vow and your will to paint like a bad spray job. That tactical squad is in a box in my closet, awaiting resurrection when the paint gods are kinder.

All in all, I'm moving on. I finished:

1 marine w. power fist

1 marine with melta

1 Dreadnought

3 Terminators

I did not finish the rest of the tac squad and 2 terminators. Not too bad, but not complete either.

This coming month is going to see a completely different project. See my new sig below. Website up soon.
Ruinous Powers - My Chaos Space Marines Blog
http://ruinouspowers.blogspot.com

Offline -V-

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Fear the Shuriken
« Reply #119 on: June 25, 2007, 04:52:16 AM »
im half a model away from breaking my cursed luck with these painting challenges.  that will be done today and i will post up pics of it and then a collective one of everything i did and im gunna woot soo much when its done... like wooot i didnt fail wooot SUCCESS!!!!!!! ;D