News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Unbound Ork army list ideas  (Read 2993 times)

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
Unbound Ork army list ideas
« on: May 13, 2014, 11:06:55 AM »
In case you've missed it, here's a link to Jervis leaking info about the new edition of 40k, specifically note the Unbound army list possibility.

So let's talk brass tax boyz.  Sure this is a bit early discussion, but lets get some Orky excitement, we can once more include a force where we are LOOTING just about anything!

For me, I've been slowly konverting a force of Ork controlled Cybernids (an idea that I've had for quite many years), and with this Unbound army possibility it is now completely possible to have those Cybork Carnifex's alongside ranks of Boyz without going to Apoc level.

I'm also considering scratchbuilding some Orky Centurian suits, after all if anyone should have access to Gravity based weapons it should be the Orkz, what with our old school fluff of 'Traktor beams'.  Also this news gives me the possibility to dust off the old 3rd edition looted Bassie, which for many players from that era was a mainstay.

So what are you thinking of Looting for your Unbound Ork force?!

Peace
~OD
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 11:08:46 AM by OD from TV »
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline Warlord Argh

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Unbound Ork army list ideas
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 10:33:49 AM »
I have a looted Leman Russ and a Looted basilisk already, along with a land raider in the making.  I want a shield that shoots - like the Eldar Wave serpent, so I may do that as well.  Maybe a knight, to go along with my Stompa.  Who would take all Lootas and 2 SAG for an army.  one hell of a shooty army.  Maybe add some Tank Bustas for fun? 

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 11:36:40 AM »
I am thinking a whole army of ork jet bikers with twin link shootas, erm, shuricats...  ???
Twin link is an orks best friend, and with the very fast jet bike that ignores terrain (unless you stop in it) would be a wonderful thing.  ;D Add in a big mek with KFF riding on a bike and you have an even more wonderful possibility.

Hmmm, now I must think of other things that must be looted...
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 01:19:15 PM »
Well not so sure how unbound will work with orks unless you go for a mercenary theme or space pirates.  Then you could maybe throw in some dark eldar and other mercenary type armies.   I built my flakka traxs last year and I am thinking they will make our new codex.  Plus if we get some other new toys... plastic mega nobz the size of centurions.. anyone?   I think I will fall back into a primarily green army. 

Offline Ork E Nuff

• Ork Boy
  • 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go!!!!!
  • Armies: Orks, SM (occassionally)
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 06:11:08 PM »
Unboundz boyz...I'm fightin' with all my painboyz/mad docs!  I'll field as many as I can to get more FNP bonuses.  I've got a horde, maybe I'll finish my ork/nid hybrids and use 'em as mercenaries or IG.  I think with the unbound, literally, the sky's the limit. 
Blood n Guts is nuffin more dan bio-d-gradible axle grease.....Remember, that which does not kill you, will only try harder the next time...I've named me attack squig "Skippy"....is that wrong?

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014, 10:09:52 AM »
Well, well, well...  I have the new rule book and the unbound army method found on page found on page 117 basically says that you take whatever you want ( as long as you have the models) with no force org limits, up to the agreed points of the game.

So, this means I am no longer limited to only three fast attack slots.                                                                                                                 

Sure, only units selected as troops from the codex are "scoring" but if the enemy is wiped out there is nothing to have to score (insert ork laughter sound track).

I foresee swarms of deff coptas, burna bommas, rockit buggies, bikers and some more bikers, as well as builds of up to nine truck boy units ( I only have nine trucks ).

The other build I was pondering is a whole army of burna boys and tank bustas riding around in battle wagons.  8)
Then I though of taking just my super heavies. An army of four stompas might do it... Certainly a cure for those pesky blood angels and their puny death company dreads (more evil ork laughter). :o

I will have to see what new min max armies come from this. I foresee facing a whole army of thunder cav, and whole armies of   dredknights. There is now no limit to the amount of cheese we can try.

I just hit the save button when I had the "thought" to use apoc formations as my army list. Hmmm, one unit of 300 boys as your whole army. Might be fun to try, just get into CC and their whole shooting turn and cheese is wasted as you can't shoot into CC.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 10:59:27 AM by SKEETERGOD »
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak