News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Tzeentch Daemonic Incursion 1500 points  (Read 2369 times)

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
Tzeentch Daemonic Incursion 1500 points
« on: March 24, 2016, 10:03:33 PM »
Warpflame Host

Herald, Lv 3, Locus of Conjuration

17 Horrors w/Icon
12 Horrors
12 Horrors
12 Horrors

Exalted Flamer
Exalted Flamer
Exalted Flamer

3 Flamers
3 Flamers

Daemon Flock
8 Tzeentch Furies

Daemon Lords
Lord of Change, Lv 2, w/Greater Reward, Impossible Cloak (Warlord)
Lord of Change, Lv 2, w/Greater Reward, Paradox

Totals
73 Models
2 Flying Monsters
16 Warp Charge
12 Units

Basic Theory
With the command bonuses granted the Horrors, they form a solid firebase kicking out as much autocannon firepower as required. The Furies drop in to score an objective somewhere and then fly around playing tag with other objectives. Similar plan with the Flamers, except they light things on fire.

Exalted Flamers help defend the firebase (and are nasty, nasty assault deterrents). Also can take down heavy armor if it gets too close.

The Lords of Change are the heavy hitters, drawing firepower and kicking ass. Most psychic powers will be Lore of Change (which is now quite useful, especially the summoning power), but some Malefic powers will be assigned to the Paradox Lord, as casting WC 3 powers becomes a lot easier for him.

Light everything on Rainbow Fire, see what shakes out.

Thoughts?

Offline Lazarisreborn

Re: Tzeentch Daemonic Incursion 1500 points
« Reply #1 on: May 2, 2016, 01:04:06 PM »
I would take out the LoC with paradox.  There is so much str D and shooty armies it will be blown up turn 1 most times.  Fateweaver is awesome with the new Daemonic Incursion.  His ability regarding the Warp Storm combined with the bonuses from the formation means you will be be gaining an increase to your invulnerable save a lot.  Also, knowing all the new Change powers makes him a flying gunship.

I would drop the regular flamers too.  The new Exalted Flamers are amazing enough to take as many as you can.  Don't buy into the hype that Heavy makes them useless.

Finding a way to put the grimoire on the herald would do wonders too. 

Removed several infringements on the forum's copyright rules.  Please operate under the assumption that everyone is aware of what you are referring to.  --- GML
« Last Edit: May 2, 2016, 01:22:54 PM by Grand Master Lomandalis »
"If God did not exist, man would have to invent him"

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #2 on: May 2, 2016, 01:23:11 PM »
How much long range Strength D do you commonly encounter? Outside of the Wraithknight, I can't think of anything that's going to easily put Strength D attacks on a LoC turn 1--not when I can bubble wrap him with Horrors. I guess maybe a storm surge + Destroyer Missile + markerlight? The model is small enough to be pretty easily hidden and you can start him waaay back, too, keeping him out of most range. 

And then, once he's flying around, Strength D just stops being much of a problem. Go ahead and snap-shot your Wraithguard, if you like. Much good it will do you.

Anyway, Strength D is not much of a concern in my metagame, and I've found the second LoC is just too useful. The Paradox means guaranteed 5-die summonings, which is worth the price of admission right there.

Second question: Why would you want to drop the Flamers?

Offline Lazarisreborn

« Reply #3 on: May 3, 2016, 11:25:52 AM »
Eldar have lots of strength D. Stormsurge missles. I had a culexus assassin blow up a LoC turn 1 that even had impossible robes. Space Marines just pour dakka into them which they also have a new psychic power that lowers your invul save.IG/armored company with 60 str 5 shots a turn. 7 drop pods on turn 1 lists.

Death stars are going to be the newest thing because new space marine stuff (wulfen, psychic powers, formations). The 2 daemon lists that made top 16 at adepticon were all MSU. Muderhorde + Burning Host in a decurion (mass minimum hounds and screamers).

I am just saying competitively, we are the new kings of MSU and rule objective games because corruption.

Now granted I am still trying to run a LoC and Blood thirster against my own advice . I just love the Bloodthirster model too much. LoC with impossible robes doesn't need support though.

Flamers are situational. The majority of armies have 3+. You will get more mileage out of exalted flamers.

Instead of the LoC paradox, you could get a CAD with obj secured troops and a herald with paradox still giving you 5 dice summon. Probably also some fast units like screamers. If an obj secured unit of yours takes a corrupted objective, the enemy can't even contest it with his obj secured until your unit is dead.
« Last Edit: May 3, 2016, 11:34:21 AM by Lazarisreborn »
"If God did not exist, man would have to invent him"